HoneyBadger26

Are we stuck in limbo, or just waiting for interview letter?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

All of our civil and financial documents were uploaded and showed "Accepted" in CEAC; however, we then received an email saying more was needed/something was missing. We logged into CEAC and saw that it was requesting a copy of my husband's military record and police certificate - which we had already uploaded and were still marked as accepted. We uploaded again just in case the files didn't work.

We also noticed that the previously submitted military record is now titled "Military Records (1st Marriage-Final Divorce Decree)" and aren't sure if that is confusing the system, since that isn't a "document type" you can select...?

Since uploading on 9/7, there hasn't been any changes - and we had been getting steady movement three days in a row. Is this a common issue? Could the system still think something is missing, and still show as having outstanding documents even though they are all there? I've tried the "Ask NVC" but of course won't hear back until sometime next week or so. I'm not really sure where we stand at this point - husband is going to try calling this afternoon (I'm sure we won't get a person, but we have to try). Anyone had this happen and still get the interview letter? Or was it stuck and needed to be looked at by the NVC to get it fixed and moving again?

CEAC Status Red.png

58 minutes ago, HoneyBadger26 said:

All of our civil and financial documents were uploaded and showed "Accepted" in CEAC

Did you get an email and CEAC inbox message with the exact words "Documentarily Qualified" (DQ)?  Having your documents in "Accepted" status is not enough.  Your case will only be queued for interview after you get that DQ email.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Did you get an email and CEAC inbox message with the exact words "Documentarily Qualified" (DQ)?  Having your documents in "Accepted" status is not enough.  Your case will only be queued for interview after you get that DQ email.

I apologize, I misspoke when I said interview letter. No, we didn't get a DQ email. Instead, we got the "The National Visa Center (NVC) updated the status of your immigrant visa application" email requesting the duplicate documents. Not sure why 1) they asked for the same documents, 2) the originals are still marked as accepted if they weren't good enough, and 3) what I need to do now, if anything. Or am I just stuck waiting for them to accept the duplicates?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, HoneyBadger26 said:

I apologize, I misspoke when I said interview letter. No, we didn't get a DQ email. Instead, we got the "The National Visa Center (NVC) updated the status of your immigrant visa application" email requesting the duplicate documents. Not sure why 1) they asked for the same documents, 2) the originals are still marked as accepted if they weren't good enough, and 3) what I need to do now, if anything. Or am I just stuck waiting for them to accept the duplicates?

What PRC did you submit?  The RCMP checks cause a LOT of confusion for what type it needs to be.  It won't have any fingerprints or photos on it.  It's "RCMP entire holdings" that's needed.  There's some other threads about it on the Canada forum.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
1 minute ago, mam521 said:

What PRC did you submit?  The RCMP checks cause a LOT of confusion for what type it needs to be.  It won't have any fingerprints or photos on it.  It's "RCMP entire holdings" that's needed.  There's some other threads about it on the Canada forum.  

That is the one we got.

image.png.f8757f5aae553870edf4faa079f345c5.png

Timeline

Looks correct.  Was it scanned in the correct orientation?  Sometimes they are weird about that, too.  I don't ask...it's easier. 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
56 minutes ago, mam521 said:

Looks correct.  Was it scanned in the correct orientation?  Sometimes they are weird about that, too.  I don't ask...it's easier. 

Yep. Double and triple checked that all docs were scanned in the correct orientation, were fully legible and clear, and nothing was cut off. We were really hoping to have an idea soon about when we might see the end of this, but I'm beginning to doubt. Its so very frustrating, feels like they're just jerking us around all the time. I will say that this is the first time we've run into any issues - never got an RFE during the I-130 process, never had anything refused as far as documentation. I'm very meticulous about having everything in order and properly provided, so I don't know what to think at this point.

Timeline

Pop on over to the Canada forum we have a few threads going on and a FAQ thread pinned at the top of that forum.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/93-canada/

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

Well, disregard all that - we literally got the DQ email 20 minutes ago lol

NOW we wait for the interview 🥳🥳

Timeline
14 hours ago, HoneyBadger26 said:

Well, disregard all that - we literally got the DQ email 20 minutes ago lol

NOW we wait for the interview 🥳🥳

YAY!  Congrats!

FYI - looks like people from June and first week of July got interview letters for November.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Timeline
31 minutes ago, mam521 said:

YAY!  Congrats!

FYI - looks like people from June and first week of July got interview letters for November.  

Yeah, I was reading on another forum about the interview letters - they go out just once a month from what I understand? If June/first of July are interviewing in November, looks like we are going to be waiting until February 😕 Which is going to be a big strain, since I'm having to keep up part of my husband's bills as well right now. Thank goodness for credit cards... 😓

Timeline
23 hours ago, HoneyBadger26 said:

Yeah, I was reading on another forum about the interview letters - they go out just once a month from what I understand? If June/first of July are interviewing in November, looks like we are going to be waiting until February 😕 Which is going to be a big strain, since I'm having to keep up part of my husband's bills as well right now. Thank goodness for credit cards... 😓

It’s definitely not easy. We had to manage 2 households in 2 countries for 18mo when I went through the process. I have kids, too, so I couldn’t “slum it” and live like a student to save. It sucks, but it’s a blip in time. 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Timeline
On 9/16/2023 at 11:10 AM, mam521 said:

It’s definitely not easy. We had to manage 2 households in 2 countries for 18mo when I went through the process. I have kids, too, so I couldn’t “slum it” and live like a student to save. It sucks, but it’s a blip in time. 

Yeah, same here - two households, two countries, and I have a daughter. My stepson just finished high-school and lives with his mother, so that is at least a little less my husband is having to keep up now. I've definitely had to learn not to worry over money so much - the credit cards will get paid off, and the loans. Its just the way it has to be right now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.