Erik and Glydyl

RFIE statement not notarized

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well, I got an RFIE for certified records concerning a non-alcohol or drug related traffic violation I'd gotten in another state in 1998ish, and an accidental bounced check for $80ish around 1992ish...lol, I say ïsh" because these incidents were decades ago and I cant remember exact details, but I confessed to them on my application just in case there were records of these things so they wouldnt think I was hiding anything. ANYWHOOO, I took a day off of work and spent the whole day driving around another state from court houses and magistrates and police departments trying to get certified records for these things and everyone looked at me like I was crazy but I managed to get the police department in the city of the traffic violation to give me a certified statement saying I have no criminal record there and that they purge their records every 5 years and I drove to another city where I bounced the check and got a certified letter from the magistrate stating that I have no criminal record there either and they dont keep records that long. I typed up statements concerning each incident, explaining that I cant remember exact dates or years or details because they were so long ago but I gave my best approximations based on other memories I had from those time frames. I also included in my statements what and where I went in order to get those certified statements and then I mailed them all back the very next day in the envelope they provided in my RFIE. Now its been a week and I just noticed in someone elses post that they had their statements that they typed up notarized before they sent them in and I realize I didnt get my statement notarized before I sent in in. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there ANY chance they will just let it go since they were such minor offenses such a long time ago and my records have been spotless for decades now? Or will they send them back and set me back another 4 weeks?

1 hour ago, Erik and Glydyl said:

I realize I didnt get my statement notarized before I sent in in.

I think USCIS wants notarized or certified arrest/court records from the law enforcement agencies.  I doubt your personal statement not being notarized will be a big deal.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
20 hours ago, Chancy said:

I think USCIS wants notarized or certified arrest/court records from the law enforcement agencies.  I doubt your personal statement not being notarized will be a big deal.

Hopefully you're right. It says they received my response yesterday so I guess I'll see maybe today

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.