D&T01

Japan Police certificate is...?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I got a 2 messages from NVC.

the first said that All required documents have been received and approved.    the second one said

"The police certificate required for Japan is not needed in order for the interview to be scheduled. However, the police certificate must be obtained and submitted before the visa interview. For information regarding an acceptable police certificate, please use our Document Finder at https://nvc.state.gov/find"

I went to the documents section and in the response note is says

"The police certificate required for Japan is..."

My wife and I went to the Prefecture police depart where they took her fingerprints and we went back 2 weeks later to get the Police certificate.

The police certificate is in a blue envelope from the prefecture we live in with my wife's name and

"To: The Authorities Concerned, United States of America (Content: Certificate of Criminal Record )

the back has stamps on the edges where the envelope opens.

when uploading I copy and pasted the special seal/format section from the state.gove site in the comments.

Did i get the wrong document or did the person reviewing not know about Japanese police certificates?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
52 minutes ago, D&T01 said:

Did i get the wrong document

Looks correct per

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Japan.html/

The applicant must bring the original Police Certificate in a sealed envelope to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate at the time of his/her interview. Applicants should only send a photocopy of the sealed envelope to the National Visa Center, but not the actual police certificate itself.

Perhaps embassy has a process for delivering the document ahead of time.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, D&T01 said:

I got a 2 messages from NVC.

the first said that All required documents have been received and approved.    the second one said

"The police certificate required for Japan is not needed in order for the interview to be scheduled. However, the police certificate must be obtained and submitted before the visa interview. For information regarding an acceptable police certificate, please use our Document Finder at https://nvc.state.gov/find"

I went to the documents section and in the response note is says

My wife and I went to the Prefecture police depart where they took her fingerprints and we went back 2 weeks later to get the Police certificate.

The police certificate is in a blue envelope from the prefecture we live in with my wife's name and

"To: The Authorities Concerned, United States of America (Content: Certificate of Criminal Record )

the back has stamps on the edges where the envelope opens.

when uploading I copy and pasted the special seal/format section from the state.gove site in the comments.

Did i get the wrong document or did the person reviewing not know about Japanese police certificates?

Do you have a question?  What is the issue that concerns you?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Perhaps embassy has a process for delivering the document ahead of time.

I checked and the Embassy website says to bring the sealed envelope to the interview.

36 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Do you have a question?  What is the issue that concerns you?

im concerned on why they are messaging me saying the police certificate must be obtained and submitted before the visa interview when I already submitted it. 

did I get the wrong document? 

or

did the person reviewing the documents not know about Japanese police certificates coming in a sealed envelope?

I think its a little funny and confusing how their comments in the document section just says

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
19 minutes ago, D&T01 said:

I checked and the Embassy website says to bring the sealed envelope to the interview.

im concerned on why they are messaging me saying the police certificate must be obtained and submitted before the visa interview when I already submitted it. 

did I get the wrong document? 

or

did the person reviewing the documents not know about Japanese police certificates coming in a sealed envelope?

I think its a little funny and confusing how their comments in the document section just says

It's just a boilerplate message.  You did not submit the certificate.  You submitted a scan of both sides of the envelope.  Just bring it to the interview and consider the "notifications" as "information".  (Information you already knew)  "Why?" did they send the message?  Answer: In case you didn't already know.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

2 hours ago, D&T01 said:

That's correct. The Japanese police certificate envelope must remain sealed until your wife gives it to them at her interview.

It shouldn't be necessary to send them the police certificate before the day of her interview. When my husband had to upload his Japanese police certificate to CEAC, he only needed to upload a scan of both sides of the envelope. (Actually, it got rejected the first time because the person who reviewed it wasn't aware that Japanese police certificate envelopes have to remain sealed to be considered valid, so in response, we re-uploaded the scan and included a letter explaining what was on the Document Finder as well as a screenshot of the section explaining about Japanese police certificates.) On the day of his interview, he brought the Japanese police certificate, still sealed in its envelope, and submitted it to them at the intake window.

If all of your required documents are accepted (and you have nothing else that needs to be corrected/submitted), your wife's interview should be scheduled in the next few weeks. Once her interview is scheduled, she can contact the Embassy to double check on the police certificate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.