darshan1177

Revoked F1 visa at Port of entry [merged threads]

46 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, darshan1177 said:
With respect to the agency's involvement found through my texts, I genuinely sought their assistance for mock interviews and documentation support to ensure a smooth transition. My reference to offering a token of appreciation for there guidance in the form of chocolate was meant to convey a light-hearted gesture and not to trivialize the situation. They started to mock me while answering. Also took my picture in his personal phone by a male officer and started to make fun of me for my honest answer. I understand the gravity of the immigration process and did not intend to undermine it.

What agency? An employment agency? Yeah, that would get you deported. To whom were you offering chocolate? To the employment agency referenced in your texts or to the CBP? If the latter, you've got yourself a lifetime ban. 

03/04/2016 AOS (EB2-NIW concurrent with I-485) mailed to Lewisville TX Lockbox
03/07/2016 AOS delivered to USCIS and signed
03/12/2016 Case received by Nebraska Service Center (NSC)
03/14/2016 Text notification received for I-140/I-485/I-765/I-131.
04/08/2016 Biometrics notice received for 04/21
04/13/2016 Biometrics early walk-in completed.
04/15/2016 EAD/AP combo card received in mail.

Long wait begins...

11/04/2016 I-140/485 cases transferred from Nebraska to TCS
12/01/2016 Prepared package for EAD/AP renewal (expires 04/09/2017)
12/23/2016 USCIS suddenly changes several forms, invalidating my EAD/AP renewal package (not yet sent)
12/27/2016 USCIS suddenly reforms the entire NIW criteria system, replacing a 20 years old one. Uncharted waters. 
01/07/2017 (Saturday!) EAD/AP renewal package with new forms received in Phoenix "reception desk"
01/17/2017 EAD/AP renewal case accepted; text/email with receipt numbers was received
01/30/2017 Law firm finally confirms that USCIS has suspended processing all EB2-NIW cases due to new criteria. 
02/23/2017 USCIS slowly starts adjudicating NIW cases again.
04/21/2017 Extended EAD/AP received in mail. Valid for 2 years. 
05/06/2017 Received a massive RFE on I-140 NIW case.
07/20/2017 RFE response received by USCIS (a very long response with 30 pages of docs)
09/14/2017 I-140 NIW approved!!! 
11/28/2017 RFE for new medical issued (plus another request re Supp J for employment which is clearly issued in error)
12/04/2017 RFE received in mail
12/07/2017 repeated medical exam for I-485
12/08/2017 Attorney receives documents for responding to I-485 RFE
12/21/2017 Response to RFE received by USCIS 
02/09/2018 I-485 approval (text, email) :)
02/08/2018 I-485 approval notice issued (the "welcome letter") - I'm LPR now
02/16/2018 Green card received

11/14/2022 Filed N-400 online; receipt and biometrics reuse form received online
03/07/2023 N-400 Interview scheduled 
04/xx/2023 N-400 approved, same-day Oath ceremony completed. I'm a US citizen.
05/xx/2023 US passport in hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I think the Agency is something back in India.

And the Chocolate was at the Port of Entry, now I am going to have difficulty believing that could be construed a bribe but no doubt did not help with everything else going on.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

11 hours ago, darshan1177 said:

No I just uploaded that to understand you what was the situation that happened which made my visa get revoked. As I have all legitimate documents required why can't I be provided another opportunity. Have I convicted that big crime? Like you are all replying that there is no option at all. If such situations happen one day no international will suggest to study abroad. And I don't know why CBP officers act brutal.

Brutal?  Now that sounds like a bit of an exaggeration.

CBP has the final say for admission of ANY person at the border, regardless of what visa or documentation they present.

Acting entitled won't get you far.  You have to follow the rules, have your funding and housing in order well before arriving at the US border, and agree to the terms of the visa (i.e. not working, not immigrating).  Also, you're 100% responsible for the content of the DS-160, and for understanding your own visa process.

4 minutes ago, Boiler said:

And the Chocolate was at the Port of Entry, now I am going to have difficulty believing that could be construed a bribe but no doubt did not help with everything else going on.

Yes.  Strange and inappropriate for that setting.

13 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I think the Agency is something back in India.

It could be construed as such though. A bribe doesn't have to be substantial - all it takes is the intent, regardless of how naïve the expectation may be. In my DMV there's a warning saying that ANY form of a gift to the officers, including trivial holiday presents and such, will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I'd assume the CBP is similar in this respect. 

03/04/2016 AOS (EB2-NIW concurrent with I-485) mailed to Lewisville TX Lockbox
03/07/2016 AOS delivered to USCIS and signed
03/12/2016 Case received by Nebraska Service Center (NSC)
03/14/2016 Text notification received for I-140/I-485/I-765/I-131.
04/08/2016 Biometrics notice received for 04/21
04/13/2016 Biometrics early walk-in completed.
04/15/2016 EAD/AP combo card received in mail.

Long wait begins...

11/04/2016 I-140/485 cases transferred from Nebraska to TCS
12/01/2016 Prepared package for EAD/AP renewal (expires 04/09/2017)
12/23/2016 USCIS suddenly changes several forms, invalidating my EAD/AP renewal package (not yet sent)
12/27/2016 USCIS suddenly reforms the entire NIW criteria system, replacing a 20 years old one. Uncharted waters. 
01/07/2017 (Saturday!) EAD/AP renewal package with new forms received in Phoenix "reception desk"
01/17/2017 EAD/AP renewal case accepted; text/email with receipt numbers was received
01/30/2017 Law firm finally confirms that USCIS has suspended processing all EB2-NIW cases due to new criteria. 
02/23/2017 USCIS slowly starts adjudicating NIW cases again.
04/21/2017 Extended EAD/AP received in mail. Valid for 2 years. 
05/06/2017 Received a massive RFE on I-140 NIW case.
07/20/2017 RFE response received by USCIS (a very long response with 30 pages of docs)
09/14/2017 I-140 NIW approved!!! 
11/28/2017 RFE for new medical issued (plus another request re Supp J for employment which is clearly issued in error)
12/04/2017 RFE received in mail
12/07/2017 repeated medical exam for I-485
12/08/2017 Attorney receives documents for responding to I-485 RFE
12/21/2017 Response to RFE received by USCIS 
02/09/2018 I-485 approval (text, email) :)
02/08/2018 I-485 approval notice issued (the "welcome letter") - I'm LPR now
02/16/2018 Green card received

11/14/2022 Filed N-400 online; receipt and biometrics reuse form received online
03/07/2023 N-400 Interview scheduled 
04/xx/2023 N-400 approved, same-day Oath ceremony completed. I'm a US citizen.
05/xx/2023 US passport in hand

Timeline
1 minute ago, randomstairs said:

It could be construed as such though. A bribe doesn't have to be substantial - all it takes is the intent, regardless of how naïve the expectation may be. In my DMV there's a warning saying that ANY form of a gift to the officers, including trivial holiday presents and such, will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I'd assume the CBP is similar in this respect. 

Seems there are no end of other issues. Seemingly she was deported so that is pretty much end of the story.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

8 hours ago, randomstairs said:

What agency? An employment agency? Yeah, that would get you deported. To whom were you offering chocolate? To the employment agency referenced in your texts or to the CBP? If the latter, you've got yourself a lifetime ban. 

No to the agency which helped me for my documentation and mock interview of visa. And repeatedly cpb officer asked how much you paid that agency and I honestly said not even a single Penny but as a token of appreciation I gave two choclates to my agency counselor

8 hours ago, Boiler said:

Seems there are no end of other issues. Seemingly she was deported so that is pretty much end of the story.

No to the agency which helped me for my documentation and mock interview of visa. And repeatedly cpb officer asked how much you paid that agency and I honestly said not even a single Penny but as a token of appreciation I gave two choclates to my agency counselor

Timeline

Were you deported?

26 minutes ago, darshan1177 said:

No to the agency which helped me for my documentation and mock interview of visa. And repeatedly cpb officer asked how much you paid that agency and I honestly said not even a single Penny but as a token of appreciation I gave two choclates to my agency counselor

Regardless, you were decided to have the wrong visa at your POE.  There are many questions that you have failed to address/answer surrounding the circumstances at your POE.  Please answer such questions as:  what did the officer say?  Were you allowed to withdraw your visa?  Were you placed in expedited removal?  You stated you were deported.  You were either denied entry or removed, since you were not admitted.  Have you ever been deported?  

Edited by Me and her

17 minutes ago, Me and her said:

Regardless, you were decided to have the wrong visa at your POE.  There are many questions that you have failed to address/answer surrounding the circumstances at your POE.  Please answer such questions as:  what did the officer say?  Were you allowed to withdraw your visa?  Were you placed in expedited removal?  You stated you were deported.  You were either denied entry or removed, since you were not admitted.  Have you ever been deported?  

I was deported with expedite removal. That was first visit to my usa. The CBP officer reason for my removal was given as I didn't pay my firs year tution fee, which was supposed to pay after orientation day suggested by college advisor and I didn't had rent agreement as my College senior said he would provide in hand. So this made them suspicious. What they said to me is this. 

30 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Were you deported?

Yes 

1 minute ago, darshan1177 said:

I was deported with expedite removal. That was first visit to my usa. The CBP officer reason for my removal was given as I didn't pay my firs year tution fee, which was supposed to pay after orientation day suggested by college advisor and I didn't had rent agreement as my College senior said he would provide in hand. So this made them suspicious. What they said to me is this. 

So you never withdrew your visa?

I request here to one and all please help me with this issue. If you know any lawyers in usa or any of your relatives or friends is a best immigration lawyer please do make me contact with him. I have worked hard for 3 years to build a professional profile to get a admit in us university parallely working and studying for gre exams. But all within a minute that effort collapsed at poe. How fare is this. I have all legitimate documents, I20 and 1.5 times the funding mentioned in I20. I have not asked any off campus and on campus jobs in texts. What else is required. I have no illegal intentions. 

Timeline

If you are issued an expedited removal order, the typical consequence is a five-year ban from reentry.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.