darshan1177

Revoked F1 visa at Port of entry [merged threads]

46 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, darshan1177 said:

I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to express my deep concern regarding the recent revocation of my visa application. I believe there might have been some misunderstandings that led to this decision, and I am kindly requesting a reconsideration of my case.

I did not understand the importance of the rent agreement as part of the immigration process. In my situation, I had been in contact with a senior of my admitted college, University of texas at Arlington. I met on LinkedIn who had agreed to provide me with a rental agreement upon my arrival in the United States. Unfortunately, it is common practice that landlords do not provide agreements without meeting the tenant in person. I was caught in a situation where I needed to show the agreement during immigration without actually having the opportunity to enter the country and meet the landlord in person. I provided proof of our discussions and constant communication, but they are not able except the truth. 

Additionally, the issue of the loan amount presents a similar challenge. The loan amount is directly transferred to the college, and I receive funds on a monthly basis upon request. However, the officer requested to see the amount in my personal account, which posed a challenge as the funds are not meant to be stored there. Also I showed the proof of that loan sanctioned of rupees 52 lakh 20 thousand for my education by orginal letter given by the bank. Even I requested that if you they feel that suspicious about me, I will pay the first year tution fee right at that moment, where I can prove my candidacy. They didn't agree to that also. Apart from that my sponsor grandfather has savings of 36lakhs in his Savings account, which covers entire 1st year tution fee and living expenses but they didn't even considered the bank statement of it too. I would like to clarify that I understand the need for financial documentation, and I am more than willing to provide any necessary records to verify the legitimacy of the funds.

I firmly believe in providing honest and accurate information, and I felt that my attempts to explain the situation were not taken seriously.
With respect to the agency's involvement found through my texts, I genuinely sought their assistance for mock interviews and documentation support to ensure a smooth transition. My reference to offering a token of appreciation for there guidance in the form of chocolate was meant to convey a light-hearted gesture and not to trivialize the situation. They started to mock me while answering. Also took my picture in his personal phone by a male officer and started to make fun of me for my honest answer. I understand the gravity of the immigration process and did not intend to undermine it. I was honest where I had not paid a single penny for any of the immigration process. From applying to admission, attending admission related exams and immigration was all done by me.

I am deeply disheartened by the perceived rudeness of the immigration officers during the interaction. I firmly believe in following proper procedures and providing accurate information, and I expected a fair and respectful conversation regarding my case. I apologize if my explanation about the agency involvement and token of appreciation came across differently than intended. I understand the importance of upholding the integrity of the immigration process. Also they didn't provide any copy of the reason for my deportation.

I kindly request the opportunity to appeal this decision and provide any additional documentation or information that might clarify the situation. I assure you that my intentions are genuine, and I am committed to adhering to all immigration requirements and regulations. If there are any specific procedures or documents I need to provide to facilitate a reconsideration, please let me know, and I will promptly comply.

Thank you for taking the time to read my appeal. I am hopeful that this situation can be resolved amicably, and I look forward to the opportunity to clarify any misunderstandings.

F1 visa is a non-immigrant visa.  

Edited by Me and her

2 minutes ago, Me and her said:

F1 visa is a non-immigrant visa.  

Good catch!  Seems like OP really doesn't understand the process.

• TBoneTX changed the title to Revoked F1 visa at Port of entry [merged threads]
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Applying for a new visa was mentioned in the main thread.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Related threads have been merged.  Darshan, please keep further posts within this thread, rather than starting new threads.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

No I just uploaded that to understand you what was the situation that happened which made my visa get revoked. As I have all legitimate documents required why can't I be provided another opportunity. Have I convicted that big crime? Like you are all replying that there is no option at all. If such situations happen one day no international will suggest to study abroad. And I don't know why CBP officers act brutal.

Timeline
12 hours ago, Boiler said:

You apply, you obviously have done it once so you know the process.

9 minutes ago, darshan1177 said:

No I just uploaded that to understand you what was the situation that happened which made my visa get revoked. As I have all legitimate documents required why can't I be provided another opportunity. Have I convicted that big crime? Like you are all replying that there is no option at all. If such situations happen one day no international will suggest to study abroad. And I don't know why CBP officers act brutal.

As has been mentioned you can apply for another visa.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

You were deported?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Seems op was deported.

Op, what questions were asked? 

I think you are misunderstanding something. You might have money to finance your schooling but the thing is the officer did not believe you'll return to India once your studies are over because you weren't able to convince them during questioning.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
5 hours ago, darshan1177 said:

I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to express my deep concern regarding the recent revocation of my visa application. I believe there might have been some misunderstandings that led to this decision, and I am kindly requesting a reconsideration of my case.

I did not understand the importance of the rent agreement as part of the immigration process. In my situation, I had been in contact with a senior of my admitted college, University of texas at Arlington. I met on LinkedIn who had agreed to provide me with a rental agreement upon my arrival in the United States. Unfortunately, it is common practice that landlords do not provide agreements without meeting the tenant in person. I was caught in a situation where I needed to show the agreement during immigration without actually having the opportunity to enter the country and meet the landlord in person. I provided proof of our discussions and constant communication, but they are not able except the truth. 

Additionally, the issue of the loan amount presents a similar challenge. The loan amount is directly transferred to the college, and I receive funds on a monthly basis upon request. However, the officer requested to see the amount in my personal account, which posed a challenge as the funds are not meant to be stored there. Also I showed the proof of that loan sanctioned of rupees 52 lakh 20 thousand for my education by orginal letter given by the bank. Even I requested that if you they feel that suspicious about me, I will pay the first year tution fee right at that moment, where I can prove my candidacy. They didn't agree to that also. Apart from that my sponsor grandfather has savings of 36lakhs in his Savings account, which covers entire 1st year tution fee and living expenses but they didn't even considered the bank statement of it too. I would like to clarify that I understand the need for financial documentation, and I am more than willing to provide any necessary records to verify the legitimacy of the funds.

I firmly believe in providing honest and accurate information, and I felt that my attempts to explain the situation were not taken seriously.
With respect to the agency's involvement found through my texts, I genuinely sought their assistance for mock interviews and documentation support to ensure a smooth transition. My reference to offering a token of appreciation for there guidance in the form of chocolate was meant to convey a light-hearted gesture and not to trivialize the situation. They started to mock me while answering. Also took my picture in his personal phone by a male officer and started to make fun of me for my honest answer. I understand the gravity of the immigration process and did not intend to undermine it. I was honest where I had not paid a single penny for any of the immigration process. From applying to admission, attending admission related exams and immigration was all done by me.

I am deeply disheartened by the perceived rudeness of the immigration officers during the interaction. I firmly believe in following proper procedures and providing accurate information, and I expected a fair and respectful conversation regarding my case. I apologize if my explanation about the agency involvement and token of appreciation came across differently than intended. I understand the importance of upholding the integrity of the immigration process. Also they didn't provide any copy of the reason for my deportation.

I kindly request the opportunity to appeal this decision and provide any additional documentation or information that might clarify the situation. I assure you that my intentions are genuine, and I am committed to adhering to all immigration requirements and regulations. If there are any specific procedures or documents I need to provide to facilitate a reconsideration, please let me know, and I will promptly comply.

Thank you for taking the time to read my appeal. I am hopeful that this situation can be resolved amicably, and I look forward to the opportunity to clarify any misunderstandings.

As others have said, your only options are to try for a new F1 visa, or look for study opportunities elsewhere.  To my knowledge there is no appeal when CBP finds a person trying to enter on a non-immigrant visa inadmissible.  It is not clear if you were deported or allowed to withdraw your entry request.  If deported a bar may be in place which may further limit your options in the near term.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
4 hours ago, darshan1177 said:

But in newspapers they have mentioned 5 year ban what to about it? Won't get permission for readmissiblity

What papers mentioned a 5 year ban?  It sounds like an expedited removal.  If that is the case, I would seek other opportunities outside the US.  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
7 hours ago, darshan1177 said:

As I have all legitimate documents

Usually you show those documents at the Embassy interview, not at CBP. I have had an F1 and a J1 visa and not once was I ever asked to show any documents to CBP. All the documents were shown at the interviews in the Embassy.

7 hours ago, darshan1177 said:

act brutal.

Did they beat you?

It looks like you used an agency to fill out your DS-160. Why did you need an agency? Did you check your application before signing it?

Also, you said you had savings for one year... How long are your studies? How are you planning to support yourself after that first year?

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

9 hours ago, darshan1177 said:

they were not rude. they were doing their job. your texts indicate you are there to work which is not allowed as per f1 visa. you intent was to work so you were denied when they found evidence 

Unfortunately you cannot appeal once visa is revoked. you can try reapplying in India 

duh

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Your story with the CBP had holes

U claim to have borrowed money for tuition and rent 

BUT  grandfather was going to pay 

and was to rent from someone u had never met,  instead of living on campus

BTW 40% of the tuition was due September 1st unless u do the MAV payment plan to pay in installments but that requires $1000 paid August 1st

and in this plan , tuition and room and board are covered so  if u were paying on  MAV plan,  no need to rent from a stranger

Receipts were needed for holding your place at the university

copy of  I 20 with valid travel signature 

SEVIS fee receipt (I-901):

and since u already had and  used F1 visa ,  u needed to show passport had multiple entry stamp

and u should have had copy of Financial Responsibility Statement

University of Texas (all locations)  make it easy to pay online

Once you have signed your Financial Responsibility Statement, and your registration is complete, you will see a sentence on My Tuition Bill in green which states “Attendance Confirmed”. If you do not see this, you still have action to take.

CBP had all the information about the university as its all online and one of the officers would have checked it all out

And they would have checked with the university to see if u were enrolled 

Edited by JeanneAdil

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.