SnowColdIce

Passport Requirements for Marriage outside of the US for CR-1 Visa.

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
2 minutes ago, SnowColdIce said:

We have met already in many countries. I guess in a way we both wanted to have a ceremony either when she gets here or before, but instead, we do it before and kill 2 birds with one stone. Nothing huge though.

My point was that if you do an online marriage, you must have evidence of being together in person during or after the online wedding, before it is valid enough to file the I-130.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 8/29/2023 at 12:17 PM, SnowColdIce said:

I am assuming that we just need the original Marriage Certificate and a certified translation to English for the whole Visa process is that correct? No need to register said foreign marriage in the US in civil court or anything?

Correct - no need to register it in the U.S. Your original marriage certificate and certified translation to English is all you need.

On 8/29/2023 at 12:40 PM, SnowColdIce said:

I am aware it doesn't get annotated to my passport, but maybe it does on the certificate itself?

What could get listed on your marriage certificate is each of your nationalities - Cuban and Russian. You'd have to check an example of a Cuban one, but on our Mexican one, it lists my husband's and my nationality (Mexican and U.S.), as well as the nationality of our parents and witnesses. But I can't see any reason why that would have any impact on your visa process. Your nationality is not the same as your citizenship, and you are a U.S. citizen, which gives you the legal right to petition your spouse for an immigrant visa.

It all might be moot because as a Cuban citizen, even though you reside and are a citizen elsewhere, you may have to use your Cuban passport in the marriage process. And if that's the case, I wouldn't stress about it.

3/11/22 - Married

USCIS 

6/2/22 - Submitted I-130 online (4 petitions - CR1, CR2 x 3)

6/2/22 - NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center) 

6/13/22 - Sent K-3 Packet

6/22/22 - K-3 Receipt Notice

11/12/22 - Approved (NOA2 - Texas Service Center)

NVC

11/19/22 - Welcome Email

11/21/22 - Paid AOS & IV Fees

4/13/23 - Submitted DS-261 & Civil Documents

4/26/23 - Documentarily Qualified (CR1, CR2 x 2)

5/26/23 - Documentarily Qualified  (CR2)

7/13/23 - Interviews Scheduled (CR1, CR2 x 2); Expedite sent to NVC for 4th applicant

7/20/23 - Interview Scheduled (CR2)

Consulate

9/15/23 & 9/18/23 - Interviews at CDJ (Mexico)

9/18/23 - Approved! (CR1, CR2); Administrative Processing (CR2 x 2)

9/23/23 - Entry into U.S.! (CR1, by land at Hidalgo International Bridge)

10/5/23 - Administrative Processing appointment at CDJ (CR2 x 2)

11/13/23 - CR2 approved!

11/15/23 - CR2 approved!

11/22/23 - Entry into U.S.! (CR, by land at Hidalgo International Bridge)

11/23/23 - Entry into U.S.! (CR2 x 2, by land at Hidalgo International Bridge)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.