Jake77

NBI / CENOMAR Validity

11 posts in this topic

Interview checklist says: NBI and CENOMAR must be valid for 1 year from the day they were obtained.

Screenshot_20230827-124821.jpg.4d7842c58d10e268c7a0ffe6bcf7b132.jpg

1. My NBI:

- Obtained on Sept. 14, 2022.

- Expires on Sept. 10, 2023.

I don't know if I'm splitting hair here but the exact validity of my NBI is: 11 months and 28 days.

So, not a year. Would this be a problem?

2. CENOMAR:

- There are two dates, one above and one below. Which date is my CENOMAR considered obtained by the Embassy?

... I think it's Sept. 27 but I want to be sure.

IMG_20230827_124221.thumb.jpg.da482fdf2906ee52a8f40a9559802102.jpg

3. Going back to the original question ---  1 year from the date they were obtained:

... This is a silly question but I gotta be sure --- the 1-year validity rule applies only from when they were obtained and NOT  from the day of the interview and onwards, right?

-------

My Interview is on Aug. 30, 2023.

Are my papers still valid for my interview?

Many thanks.

Edited by Jake77
Corrections

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Jake, 

Please plan to renew prior to your interview and also upload it on CEAC. Ty, BG

As for my siblings. They have the following updated CENOMAR, NBI, 2X2 PHOTOS ALL ARE UPLOADED ON CEAC. GOODLUCK! NG

note: and yes Sept 27, 2022, is the date that it was issued.

Edited by nelmagriffin

14 minutes ago, nelmagriffin said:

Jake, 

Please plan to renew prior to your interview and also upload it on CEAC. Ty, BG

As for my siblings. They have the following updated CENOMAR, NBI, 2X2 PHOTOS ALL ARE UPLOADED ON CEAC. GOODLUCK! NG

note: and yes Sept 27, 2022, is the date that it was issued.

Hi, and thank you.

Would it be okay to upload it a day prior the interview?

Aug. 29: Upload.

Aug. 30: Interview.

Or, would the Embassy not have enough time because it'll be uploaded only a day prior the interview?

Timeline

Hello Jake!

I think so, as I read from previous that some were just asked to go out and look for a computer to upload it and some even were simply asked to request via PSA that will be sent directly to the embassy. (not seen the procedure of how this is done) Just make sure to bring updated documents if in in case you could not upload it.

note: Upload it as it only takes seconds rather than waiting for 30 to 60 days administrative processing.

Edited by nelmagriffin

2 minutes ago, nelmagriffin said:

Hello Jake!

I think so, as I read from previous that some were just asked to go out and look for a computer to upload it and some even were simply asked to request via PSA that will be sent directly to the embassy. (not seen the procedure of how this is done) Just make sure to bring updated documents if in in case you could not upload it.

Did they get to go back to the interview on the same day after uploading it outside?

Timeline

Jake,

Just do your best, in this question I am not sure in Manila. but two weeks ago, when my brother and niece were queueing at PSA it was announced that CENOMAR will be released in two days but surprisingly it was released right away, then the week after, my other brother went to get his, it was released the following day, so please go their early then maybe talk to the supervisor with the urgency and perhaps bring your appointment letter as proof. at least you try.

Edited by nelmagriffin

Update for people facing the same problem in the future who'll probably see this post:

If your NBI and CENOMAR is about to expire or is older than six months, just renew them to be safe.

If you still have weeks prior interview: renew them online for hassle-free procedures.

If you are in a hurry renew them in person.

NBI quick renewal readies your renewed NBI for pickup at their office 24 hours after payment.

CENOMAR in-person renewal:

Sometimes you can get your new CENOMAR on the same day. However, you'll need to be there early.

- I arrived at 9 AM and was able to get mine on the same day.

- If schedule is full in your selected PSA Office, just pick another one in your region.

... I was suppose to get mine from Manila(?) but their office was full and so I had to select Caloocan. Unlike banks where they force you to make an account in the nearest branch, PSA seems to not care where you renew your papers. (As long as it's in the same region(?))

More tips:

Updating CEAC:

- You can update your civil docs. on the same day of your interview. I updated my NBI 30 minutes away from the Embassy and the Embassy still received my new NBI 

NBI:

- Unless you haven't had an NBI clearance before or lost your clearance use the Quick Renewal method.

Quick Renewal is the one where you don't have to login.

The other method is the one where you have to login. (Most guide on YouTube instruct people to do this - don't follow them.)

If you use the other method it'll be slower because:

- You have to set an appointment.

- You have to do biometrics again.

Both method renew your NBI but Quick Renewal is as its name, quicker. Plus you can arrive there 24 hours after your payment because you don't have to get an appointment slot unlike the other method.

Edited by Jake77
Spelling corrections

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.