Sudowpa2

Given 221g Yellow Slip for Divorce Decree Missing Raised Stamp, Passport Kept

25 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I would say just shy of a month because we had to get the document from the United States. Took about two weeks for the document to make its way to Colombia and about a week and a half for it to make it to the embassy for reconsideration. We sent the document off from Medellin. So if you are in bogota. You can hand deliver it quicker. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

thanks I sent mine 3 weeks ago and it arrived 2 weeks ago at asc. Then a week ago on july 31 the bgt at ceac updated but still says refused. I'm so impatient it just feels like it takes forever.

Enamorada

Timeline

So when it got to the embassy. I think it took less than a week.  They kept screwing around with the status. The thing you have to look for is the last time modified. It will stay refused until it isn’t but what I looked for is when they were looking at it. I think the date and time modified changed three times before it was issued 

Timeline

Thanks a lot. Last modified is July 31 but before that on July 26 it was recieved at asc place. Been a week so I'm hoping any day now but still refused from July 31 status. 

Enamorada

Timeline

Yeah there isn’t really much you can do but wait.  It also makes a difference on what they want from you. They may have to do more careful consideration depending on what document was requested. 

Because mine was a simple divorce decree with a raised seal. If they needed to they could have easily called the county clerk to verify. 

If it’s something more extensive then a longer wait time. 

Timeline

Then it should be anytime now. 

I have a timeline inside my notes on my timeline page documenting when I got everything. It will even include the dates on when it became issued and when we received it from Dahl for some peace of mind 

Timeline

Great news

July 19 interview says 221g need original divorce paper i hsve famiily send out psper same day 2 dsy express dhl

July 25 paper gets to bogota asc dept 

July 26 notice kts being transferred to consular 

July 31 updated time on bgt ceac site but still refused

August 8 approved

Enamorada

Timeline

Congrats on everything working in your favor.  Wish you guys the best of luck.  

word of advice. Don’t depend on the ssn check box on the visa application to work 100 percent. Be very proactive with the ssa. 

Give it a week after arrival and go to the local office and find out if a number has been issue. If not, immediately apply for the number.  

being all documents and ss5 application ready to go just in case. 

They told me to wait and it never happen. Proactive is the key. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.