JohnnyForeigner

I-485 expedited ( but expediting is slow ) [merged threads]

67 posts in this topic

Filed in April 2022. My field office is Atlanta so 80% of cases processed in 32.5 months ( though now down to 26 months )

I submitted expedite request and it was granted - interviewed June 22nd 2023.

The I-130 was approved immediately at interview. The I-485 passed to supervisor for review.

One month later - no update so called Infopass. No news.

Called again last week and managed to get a call back from "Tier 2 agent".

He said it was passed to "final review" on Aug 4th. 

My question - was it passed to supervisor for final review ? Or was it passed to supervisor who passed it up higher to "final review" hence the delay ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Just have to wait. You're almost done

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

6 minutes ago, Timona said:

Just have to wait. You're almost done

I get that.

Was just wondering if the period of time between interview on 06/22 and "Final review" on 08/04 was .........

File sitting on supervisors desk awaiting final review and he only got to it after 6 weeks ?

Or file seen by supervisor right away and sent to someone even higher which would explain the delay.

Purely academic I know because it is what it is and will be approved when it is approved etc

Just curious - the lady at interview gave the impression the forwarding to supervisor would only take a few days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

My first thought is how would anyone here know?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

That is a different question and I have certainly seen similar cases

Why do you think it is taking so long?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

6 minutes ago, Boiler said:

That is a different question and I have certainly seen similar cases

Why do you think it is taking so long?

No idea.

Interviewer seemed happy.  

Gave the impression the passing to supervisor was a formality and actually said it would only be a matter of days. 

No RFE so I assume they have all the info they need.

Not sure its a different question at all. Those who have had a delay post interview might have discovered the reason for the delay.

Edited by JohnnyForeigner

48 minutes ago, JohnnyForeigner said:

No idea.

Interviewer seemed happy.  

Gave the impression the passing to supervisor was a formality and actually said it would only be a matter of days. 

No RFE so I assume they have all the info they need.

Not sure its a different question at all. Those who have had a delay post interview might have discovered the reason for the delay.

How did the beneficiary arrive in the US? Were they out of status when they filed adjustment? I’ve seen situations where they approve I130 because they believe the relationship is real but something happened in the past that slows down the I485… 

4 minutes ago, Redro said:

How did the beneficiary arrive in the US? Were they out of status when they filed adjustment? I’ve seen situations where they approve I130 because they believe the relationship is real but something happened in the past that slows down the I485… 

Could be !

I was out of status ( expired b1/b2 )

Though interviewer referred to it and said it was not a problem as married to USC.

Maybe all out of status get referred as policy.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
5 minutes ago, JohnnyForeigner said:

Btw, given the above, if you are under age 26, you need to register for the military draft. See sss.gov . Register online if you have an SSN or file by mail if no SSN.

24 minutes ago, JohnnyForeigner said:

Could be !

Though interviewer referred to it and said it was not a problem as married to USC.

Maybe all out of status get referred as policy.

How long were you out of status? Any previous marriages to other US citizens?  What about your partner’s history with immigration? Anything out if the ordinary? 
If not you might want to consider suing for your GC. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, JohnnyForeigner said:

My question - was it passed to supervisor for final review ? Or was it passed to supervisor who passed it up higher to "final review" hence the delay ?

I have never seen anybody who has been waiting get such a specific answer, well any answer. I am not sure I would trust anything they said anyway.

The free option is to call them, call your Senator make a fuss, will it produce a response, probably not.

Or wait

Or as has been mentioned sue.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.