crete456

Tourist visa help

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello,

I want to apply for a tourist visa for my Colombian wife's daughter and granddaughter. My wife has a CR1 visa. I'm thinking I need to start by filing a DS160 application? My questions?

My stepdaughter does not speak or can read English so can I do the application for her then she can go back online then electronically sign?

Is a separate DS160 needed to be filed for her granddaughter who is 8 years old?

Please advise

Dennis

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Every applicant need their own DS 160 and yes you can help them fill them in.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

So I can fill out the DS160 from my computer then before submitting log out have her log in then sign submit.

Also for 8 year old granddaughter answer questions about work? school? etc.?

Thanks 🙏

Edited by crete456

Timeline

Yes and yes answer all the questions.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 8/19/2023 at 1:16 PM, Boiler said:

Yes and yes answer all the questions.

But, that wont get denied, as the immigration officers may think they will stay once they are here? 
I’m just asking!!! 
well, his question was if he can fill the forms, yes he can then they can sign,,, sorry the intromission, for that to be approved or denied is a different thing!!! 

Timeline

I do not know if they will be approved or denied. Helping them fill out the form is not relevant to that.

Filed: Timeline

Most of the form has been translated into Spanish (and other languages).  You can see the translation of a question by hovering your mouse over it.  There is information about this and the choice of languages at the beginning of the form.

But there's no problem with your help, as long as she "signs" the form by submitting it herself.

Edited by jan22

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.