Beco7

An advice is urgently needed (Green card through Eb2)

35 posts in this topic

Hello everyone

I urgently need an advice about my eb2 case.

I am originally from one of the Middle East countries

I am Muslim

Ph.D. from USA

Working in a STEM field

Obtained a prestigious EU fellowship

Have 2 US citizen kids

Resident in the K for 4 years

Working in my field of experience for 10 years

Filed Eb2 National Interest Waiver case for myself, my spouse, and a son

Filing through a US attorney

Case filed: February 2022

Case approved: April 2022

The case moved to NVC: July 2022

Visa fees paid: September 2022

Medical exam in London: November 2022

Visa (Green Card) interview: December 2022

Placed on administrative processing.

I presented all required documents and details with proofs.

Contacted the US Embassy in London multiple times since December 2022 and still in administrative processing

May 2023: advised to send the passports to the embassy. However, the medical exam was very soon. So I was advised to redo the medical exam.

June 2023: Medical exam was done for the second time

July 2023: passports were sent to the US Embassy in London

Our visas in the UK have already expired and we soon need to leave the UK before being forced to be deported.

Thus,  emailed the US Embassy to update them on the passports but no response. Whereas they were replying even when the case was on administrative processing back between December 2022 and May 2023.

I tried to explain the situation about our legal residency here but no response.

They have our passports.

I am a bit confused. If the visa is denied, we shouldn’t have been advised to redo the medical examination and they advised in May to send the passports to issue the visas. However, when I check the CEAC website it says refused for me and ready for spouse and son.

I am not sure what the situation is and how to deal with it.

I have no security issues.

I know they put my name because of my religion and country.

But I am not sure why they don’t reply now and don’t even respect the critical situation we as a family are in with the school year coming in a few weeks.

My questions are:

1-    Is it possible to go for a second round of administrative processing?

2-    Did anyone pass a similar situation?

Any valuable advice is appreciated.

Edited by Beco7

• Beco7 changed the title to An advice is urgently needed (Green card through Eb2)
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

***Moved to Work Visas forum where experts in that area will see it****

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Have you asked them to return your Passports if you need them to leave?

Hopefully your Lawyer is on top of this, time for a WoM?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

@ Boiler

I sent them several emails to get an update about the processing and I am yet to receive any reply.

They don't reply and my case is still "Rejected" on the CEAC website.

With the significant increase in the cost of living here in the UK during the last year, I am not able to afford to pay for an attorney.

Edited by Beco7

Timeline

Additional Processing is a black hole, probably not a Consulate issue. The only options I know are that you wait or sue.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

@ Boiler

I am sure it is a decision of an immigrant officer at the US Embassy in London. The NVC has already approved my case. The administrative processing step is an individual decision taken solely by the officer inside the embassy.

It is funny that this country is receiving thousands of refugees from hot spots in the world as well as illegal immigration from the Southern border and on the other hand uses personal and subjective judgment that includes racism and hate on a life-changing decision for me. I received my Ph.D. in the US and spent years there with zeros security issues.

Edited by Beco7

Timeline

I am not going to disagree with you about the illogicality of the Administration.

Everybody goes through some sort of Administrative Processing, for most it is quick. The long ones seem to involve other agencies outside of the Consulate. For some reason your case has attracted additional attention.

@ The decision of directing the case towards this long-time type of security check is a single person who recommends it and then supported by the senior officer.

I understand that this decision applies to people who come from countries that have tensions with the US or a history of terrorism or terrorists like my country. However, I am a person with a transparent career history and I worked for 20+ years in the academia in known universities. 

Unfortunately, racists think they enjoy doing such actions. Whereas they threaten the future of innocents for no reason except they fall under the umbrella of a certain group of people. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Beco7 said:

@ The decision of directing the case towards this long-time type of security check is a single person who recommends it and then supported by the senior officer.

I do not know how they determine the sort of checks, if you have Terrorist connections I can see that being a factor.

Anyway you know your options.

@ Bilder

I am well aware of who deals with what.

I don't need to prove anything to anyone.

I posted 2 specific questions and I would appreciate whoever can help.

Any answers related to this can be appreciated. 

Any comments that show something I already know or raise a claim that I know is false, will be a waste of time.

Thanks anyway

39 minutes ago, Beco7 said:

I understand that this decision applies to people who come from countries that have tensions with the US or a history of terrorism or terrorists like my country. However, I am a person with a transparent career history and I worked for 20+ years in the academia in known universities. 

Unfortunately, racists think they enjoy doing such actions. Whereas they threaten the future of innocents for no reason except they fall under the umbrella of a certain group of people. 

You're making a lot of assumptions about the reason your case is in AP.

2 minutes ago, Beco7 said:

@ Bilder

I am well aware of who deals with what.

I don't need to prove anything to anyone.

I posted 2 specific questions and I would appreciate whoever can help.

Any answers related to this can be appreciated. 

Any comments that show something I already know or raise a claim that I know is false, will be a waste of time.

Thanks anyway

VJ TOS states anyone is free to comment.

Timeline

Most people get through AP, I would be hard pushed to think of a case where they have not. Logically they must exist, I can only go by what I have seen on here.

Not sure about a second round, I am not sure I have seen AP split into rounds.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.