QueenandKing

After Approval Showing On Going Relationship

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, CiCi123 said:

Thank you for that information. So in our case what do you suggest we do to assure we get approved? 

too many unknowns for any of us to say

and it would be only guessing but u need more quality time together

check your income beside the poverty guidelines

how much is health care insurance in Illinois?

any kids to claim?

any divorces?

big age gap?

Do u have a joint sponsor if embassy says u need one?

we don't need to know the above but u do

At the petition stage its all up to USC to prove the relationship

At the interview stage the bene must prove he knows u well enough for CO to say yes

15 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

too many unknowns for any of us to say

and it would be only guessing but u need more quality time together

check your income beside the poverty guidelines

how much is health care insurance in Illinois?

any kids to claim?

any divorces?

big age gap?

Do u have a joint sponsor if embassy says u need one?

we don't need to know the above but u do

At the petition stage its all up to USC to prove the relationship

At the interview stage the bene must prove he knows u well enough for CO to say yes

Thank you so much this helps, We will consider all of this! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

How often do you communicate via FaceTime?  Like the others stated, it is important to see your fiance in person at least once (if not more) before the interview.  Not only is it important to convince the consulate officer but also if you're not spending a lot of time with that person 1-on-1 then how are you certain marriage is right. Trust me, the worse thing you want is to get married with someone you barely met and then go through a tough divorce.  Just my opinion.

8 hours ago, MonkeyDan said:

How often do you communicate via FaceTime?  Like the others stated, it is important to see your fiance in person at least once (if not more) before the interview.  Not only is it important to convince the consulate officer but also if you're not spending a lot of time with that person 1-on-1 then how are you certain marriage is right. Trust me, the worse thing you want is to get married with someone you barely met and then go through a tough divorce.  Just my opinion.

I appreciate the feedback and understand both sides. We are on the phone 24/7 to where all of our calls say 10-20 hours (on a call now as he is sleeping and never missed a night this past year) and video calls/movie nights are usually on the weekends due to time difference. If his interview date is too far out I will try my best to save up and go out there. It is not a cheap local flight so I hate that it can possibly be a factor when not everyone has travel money like that. He knows me better than I know myself and helped me with so many life skills that we have evidence to show. I can go on and on but thank you again!  

10 hours ago, CiCi123 said:

It is not a cheap local flight so I hate that it can possibly be a factor when not everyone has travel money like that.

Your financial capacity will definitely be a factor, as the consulate expects that you can afford to support an immigrant.  It would not be good to give the consulate the impression that you could not meet in person more often because you could not afford to travel.  Being on the phone 24/7 with your beneficiary or having hundreds of screenshots of online meetings would have little value as far as the consulate is concerned, if you do not have enough in-person meeting time to satisfy them.  And from what we have seen from reports from others who were processed through Lagos, it takes a lot of in-person time together to satisfy that consulate.

On 8/13/2023 at 6:30 AM, CiCi123 said:

Yes Nigeria, we originally did have a plan for me to take a vacation from work to go there to be with him for a couple weeks before his visa interview however, I was let go from my company in June because they downsized so that ruined things. Now I am starting a new job this Monday in which I won’t be able to go anymore or even meet half way because I won’t be able to take any vacation until 6 months due to work probation 

You may have a hard time getting the visa from such a high-fraud consulate and with no visits in >2 years.

Financial/time/travel issues are not of concern to the consulate.  Sometimes you have to prioritize. 

If the K-1 is denied, I strongly recommend marrying and spending significantly more time together before petitioning for a CR-1.

20 minutes ago, SalishSea said:

You may have a hard time getting the visa from such a high-fraud consulate and with no visits in >2 years.

Financial/time/travel issues are not of concern to the consulate.  Sometimes you have to prioritize. 

If the K-1 is denied, I strongly recommend marrying and spending significantly more time together before petitioning for a CR-1.

I will more than likely make the trip before the interview date. Thank you for the advice

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.