Jake77

DS260 Missing

17 posts in this topic

Need to print out the confirmation page of DS260.

Can't find it on CEAC.

Have an email with the bar code and all, but it says not to print the page under Thank You.

Where to acquire? Medical is three days out, don't have time for this (removed).

Edited by Chancy
bypassing language filter

*** Edited post for bypassing the language filter.  Though it is understandable that you are frustrated by the immigration process, please refrain from bypassing the language filter again as it is a VJ TOS violation. ***

2 hours ago, Jake77 said:

Have an email with the bar code and all, but it says not to print the page under Thank You.

If you mean the email with subject "CEAC Confirmation" and message text "YOUR CONFIRMATION PAGE IS ATTACHED TO THIS EMAIL IN A PDF FILE!", go ahead and print the attached PDF file with bar codes.

SLEC Manila will not care much about the DS-260 confirmation page.  They will care more about your interview appointment letter, so make sure to also bring a copy of that to your medical.

14 minutes ago, Chancy said:

If you mean the email with subject "CEAC Confirmation" and message text "YOUR CONFIRMATION PAGE IS ATTACHED TO THIS EMAIL IN A PDF FILE!", go ahead and print the attached PDF file with bar codes.

SLEC Manila will not care much about the DS-260 confirmation page.  They will care more about your interview appointment letter, so make sure to also bring a copy of that to your medical.

Which one of these is the appointment letter?

First (from TravelDocs) or second (from Manila).

I'm almost certain its the first picture because it screams "APPOINTMENT CONFIRMATION" but I wanna be sure.

... Also, it says SLEC wants a "Letter with a case no.," what does that mean? I got so many emails with my case number.

Screenshot_20230811-223542.png

Screenshot_20230811-223609.png

3 minutes ago, Jake77 said:

I'm almost certain its the first picture because it screams "APPOINTMENT CONFIRMATION" but I wanna be sure.

... Also, it says SLEC wants a "Letter with a case no.," what does that mean? I got so many emails with my case number.

SLEC will accept any official email that has your name, interview date/time, and MNL case number in the same email.  There are many possible email formats as there are multiple sources of the interview letter -- NVC, consulate, UStraveldocs.  I got 3 such emails myself, 1 from NVC and 2 from the consulate in Manila.

22 minutes ago, Chancy said:

SLEC will accept any official email that has your name, interview date/time, and MNL case number in the same email.  There are many possible email formats as there are multiple sources of the interview letter -- NVC, consulate, UStraveldocs.  I got 3 such emails myself, 1 from NVC and 2 from the consulate in Manila.

Kinda confused. Please stick with me here because I really need your help.

Interview letter:

- Name, time and case no. in the SAME email.

... The letter I received only has TWO of those: name and time. My case no. wasn't included.

(Mine's from Manila; I scheduled it myself.)

- You say "in the same email."

... so I don't know if I need all three.

- Many formats.

... but does all format (from different sources) need to contain those 3 information?

I realized that you might have misconstrued my question about the appointment and letter with a case no.

I meant to ask two of those separately because SLEC wants:

1. Appointment interview letter.

2. Letter with a case no.

They're separated in the list of requirements.

Edited by Jake77
more info

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello

Lately many applicants under preference categories were expedited. And because of this way, the applicants are the one who will make a medical and interview appointment. The bad part is that when you check the interview appointment there is one if not no appointment available. The other day I found three slots for immigrant visa interview, but unable to secure it as family has no medical yet. You obviously could not secure an interview appointment prior to medical; I mean, one will be lucky if there is one then you simply have to print and take with you, otherwise I will just go ahead and bring a copy of a letter with MNL case number on it. I tried emailing SLEC, as in their requirement it say to bring an interview appointment letter, but in the FAQ it says interview appointment letter of letter with a MNL case number.

10 minutes ago, Jake77 said:

Kinda confused. Please stick with me here because I really need your help.

Interview letter:

- Name, time and case no. in the SAME email.

... The letter I received only has TWO of those: name and time. My case no. wasn't included.

(Mine's from Manila; I scheduled it myself.)

- You say "in the same email."

... so I don't know if I need all three.

- Many formats.

... but does all format (from different sources) need to contain those 3 information?

I realized that you might have misconstrued my question about the appointment and letter with a case no.

I meant to ask two of those separately because SLEC wants:

1. Appointment interview letter.

2. Letter with a case no.

They're separated in the list of requirements.

Cant edit previous comment so making another one to add more info.

Item 2 and 3 are separated, interview letter AND letter with case no. 

Screenshot_20230811-232805.jpg

4 minutes ago, Jake77 said:

- You say "in the same email" so I don't know if I need all three.

- Many formats ... but does all format (from different sources) need to contain those 3 information?

You'll be fine with whatever interview letter you have, listing your name and interview date/time.  Then bring any of the other official emails with your name and MNL case number.

I didn't schedule through UStraveldocs, so I didn't know interview letters from there would not list the case number.  But if your letter is from UStraveldocs, it's just as valid.

9 minutes ago, nelmagriffin said:

Hello

Lately many applicants under preference categories were expedited. And because of this way, the applicants are the one who will make a medical and interview appointment. The bad part is that when you check the interview appointment there is one if not no appointment available. The other day I found three slots for immigrant visa interview, but unable to secure it as family has no medical yet. You obviously could not secure an interview appointment prior to medical; I mean, one will be lucky if there is one then you simply have to print and take with you, otherwise I will just go ahead and bring a copy of a letter with MNL case number on it. I tried emailing SLEC, as in their requirement it say to bring an interview appointment letter, but in the FAQ it says interview appointment letter of letter with a MNL case number.

Hi, what happened to my case was quite the opposite. I was able to procure an interview appointment date before I even started looking for a date for my medical appointment.

Both have their dates now. Medical s on 14 and interview is on the 30th of August - so two weeks apart.

My original category was IR2 but IR2 cases are changed to F1 (temporarily until they change it back to what it was) when cases are sent to Manila from the NVC.

And, IR2 people might read this in the future so I'll add this here and now to help others just in case:

Cases that went from IR2 to F1

(even when protected by the CSPA or the benefit of being an intermediate relative)

will be turned back to IR2 DURING the interview.

Many people I talked to reported this process.

Edited by Jake77
clearer info

9 minutes ago, Chancy said:

You'll be fine with whatever interview letter you have, listing your name and interview date/time.  Then bring any of the other official emails with your name and MNL case number.

I didn't schedule through UStraveldocs, so I didn't know interview letters from there would not list the case number.  But if your letter is from UStraveldocs, it's just as valid.

Thank you so much for bearing with me.

... and I hate to ask so many questions but,

1. When it comes to printing, do I need to follow a special format or size for these papers? Or, does it not matter as long as they all fit nicely on the papers.

2. You can see the "Gmail" at the top left corner of this print - that and more details about Gmail because I had to forward this file by email to get it printed.

... Does that part matter? Or, do I have to clean this up by getting rid of the Gmail logo and email forwarding details?

Again, thank you so much for your patience and help. I remember you helping me out in the past as well so I'm very grateful and appreciative that you've given me a hand this time around again.

Screenshot_20230811-234801.png

7 minutes ago, Jake77 said:

1. When it comes to printing, do I need to follow a special format or size for these papers? Or, does it not matter as long as they all fit nicely on the papers.

2. You can see the "Gmail" at the top left corner of this print - that and more details about Gmail because I had to forward this file by email to get it printed.

... Does that part matter? Or, do I have to clean this up by getting rid of the Gmail logo and email forwarding details?

SLEC won't care much about the format.  No need to do any cleaning up.  Just make sure it's legible when printed.

I printed mine off a screenshot of the email window because I couldn't get my browser's print to PDF feature to work.  SLEC was fine with it.

Update:

I managed to get the confirmation page of 260 without the 260 without the "Thank You" part above the bar codes and immigrant details.

What I did:

1. CEAC.

2. IV APP.

3. Review:

- Under review there's a next button, "Next: Family >"

- Get to the last page and you'll see your confirmation page. The website also allows you to email the PDF to yourself.

Note: roamed around this forum, seen some people say to click Sign after IV APP --- don't do that, it'll only log you out.

Note: Chancy said to print the one that was sent with the email that wrote "CONFIRMATION PAGE IS ATTACHED TO THIS EMAIL ..."

I received two mails. Second mail has only been received after I did the 1-2-3 steps above.

Both mails have "CONFIRMATION PAGE IS ATTACHED ..."

But only the second email doesn't have the Thank You --- Don't print this page part.

Seems like CEAC made this process unnecessarily confusing. Anyway, if anyone wants a clea copy of the confirmation page with the bar codes without the Thank You part, do the steps I wrote.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.