Family

Politics of Petulance (title renamed to match original post)

1,126 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
7 hours ago, Family said:

Well , this fellow was a disgruntled magat  who voted for trump in 2016 and by 2019 /2020 he was ranting critical of his beloved leader…and then veered to a hodgepodge of others, from Hailey to Ramaswamy . His social media posts were captured before account was shut down . 

It should be a comfort that no one on the other political spectrum is making light of such violence …unlike the “fun” all magas and the leaders had when Pelosi’s husband was critically wounded . Gosh, I believe there is even a jovial thread here on cehst. 

Deflect, disinformation, disseminate and hope the lie takes root before the truth can displace it in the wider consciousness. That is the Democrat playbook, drawn straight from some of the darkest moments of history.

Yet here you are, trying to make light of the incident, in spite of your own words.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

4 hours ago, Pooky said:

Yet here you are, trying to make light of the incident, in spite of your own words.

An old proverb : ‘’When you lie with dogs , you get up with fleas. ‘’

But only one of the two major parties is actively fanning the flames. Trump encouraged strongarm tactics against protesters at his rallies. He mocked Pelosi over the hammer attack. He called for shoplifters to be shot and disloyal generals to be executed for treason. He warned of a “bloodbath” if he is not elected and claimed that undocumented people in the US are “poisoning the blood of our country”.

It is enough to fill any concerned citizen with foreboding about the coming election – and what comes next in a nation that has more guns than people. Trump, a convicted criminal with more cases looming over him, is in a desperate fight to stay out of prison. Having never acknowledged his 2020 loss, he has refused to commit to accepting the outcome in 2024, promising “long-term prison sentences” for anyone involved in “unscrupulous behavior”.

With Republicans focused on “election integrity” efforts, poll workers could face intolerable levels of violence and intimidation. Opinion polls suggest that the election will be perilously close, giving plenty of scope to sow doubt, likely to be turbocharged by Elon Musk’s X social media platform.

As the Axios website recently noted: “A perfect storm has been brewing for years now – fueled by extreme polarization, election denial, political violence, historic prosecutions and rampant disinformation. Mayhem is bound to rain down in November.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/sep/16/trump-assassination-attempt-republicans-politics-violence

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Started by Hillary and her Deplorables comment and they have not let up

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Family said:

An old proverb : ‘’When you lie with dogs , you get up with fleas. ‘’

But only one of the two major parties is actively fanning the flames. Trump encouraged strongarm tactics against protesters at his rallies. He mocked Pelosi over the hammer attack. He called for shoplifters to be shot and disloyal generals to be executed for treason. He warned of a “bloodbath” if he is not elected and claimed that undocumented people in the US are “poisoning the blood of our country”.

It is enough to fill any concerned citizen with foreboding about the coming election – and what comes next in a nation that has more guns than people. Trump, a convicted criminal with more cases looming over him, is in a desperate fight to stay out of prison. Having never acknowledged his 2020 loss, he has refused to commit to accepting the outcome in 2024, promising “long-term prison sentences” for anyone involved in “unscrupulous behavior”.

With Republicans focused on “election integrity” efforts, poll workers could face intolerable levels of violence and intimidation. Opinion polls suggest that the election will be perilously close, giving plenty of scope to sow doubt, likely to be turbocharged by Elon Musk’s X social media platform.

As the Axios website recently noted: “A perfect storm has been brewing for years now – fueled by extreme polarization, election denial, political violence, historic prosecutions and rampant disinformation. Mayhem is bound to rain down in November.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/sep/16/trump-assassination-attempt-republicans-politics-violence

"There's none so blind as they that won't see"

One of the possible motives already stated for the would-be assassin is that he viewed Donald Trump as a threat to democracy. There is only one side of the political spectrum voicing that (false) opinion and it is not the GOP.

So, to say “But only one of the two major parties is actively fanning the flames” is wholly untruthful. The Democrats and their mainstream media propaganda machine have been pushing this narrative for over a year, fanning the flames, as you put it, and encouraging radical activists to act.

The fact that you quote both Axios and the Guardian only shows that you exist in the left-wing echo chamber and regurgitate what they feed you, to the exclusion of any outside, dissenting opinions. When even ABC and CNN begin questioning the DNC Politburo narrative, that echo chamber may be shrinking and may even let a little of the real world in to illuminate the darkness. Hopefully then you will open your eyes.

Edited by Pooky

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
8 hours ago, Dashinka said:

Thoughts and prayers, but I am not sure if the Democrats do prayers nowadays.

Nor thoughts.  :P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Vote D

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
5 hours ago, Family said:

Hmm, they go after right wing extremist early, but let the left wing/Democrat extremist free to do their damage even when on the FBI's radar.  Makes a lot of sense, no wonder the FBI has become a laughingstock.  Btw, nice deflection.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline

So can anyone shed light on what are the rules?  It seems extreme leftist rhetoric fine, any rhetoric from the right bad.

Btw, still waiting on a policy or position from Kackling Kamala.  :pop:

What Are the Rules?

Consider this a forlorn cry for exposition and specificity. Will someone, somewhere, in the name of all that is good and true, tell me what the bloody rules are for determining whether rhetorical bombast counts as mere everyday hyperbole or as the ineluctable prerequisite to political violence? I have looked and looked for a pattern, but, despite having pried up the floorboards and scoured the attic and investigated every last corner of the basement, I can find no standard that I find satisfactory. Surely, there must be more undergirding all this than just Calvinball?

Yesterday, Donald Trump’s life was threatened for the second time in two months. In response, I have seen two lines emerge from the media. The first is that the attempt should not be blamed on his critics but on the would-be shooter, who is crazy. The second line is that, by some extraordinary alchemy that I evidently lack the intellect to comprehend, the blame for his having been targeted lies with Trump himself. As a writer who has uniformly rejected the idea that political arguments ought to be blamed for the actions of vicious criminals, I am in instinctive agreement with the first approach. But I am also aware that, unlike myself, those who are currently advancing that case do not do so consistently. Thus, my inquiry: If my one-size-fits-all rule has not been adopted writ large, then what has been?

Back when Nancy Pelosi’s husband was attacked with a hammer, I was informed that, if the victim of an attack had at any point been “demonized” by a political party, then that political party was responsible for what follows. Indeed, in the immediate aftermath of that ugly incident, the Washington Post recruited no fewer than three of its top writers to draw a direct line between the assault on Paul Pelosi and a series of anti-Nancy political commercials that were run in 2010 — twelve years earlier. The “years of vilification,” the Post proposed, “culminated Friday when Pelosi’s husband, Paul, was attacked with a hammer during an early-morning break-in at the couple’s home in San Francisco by a man searching for the speaker and shouting ‘Where is Nancy? Where is Nancy?’” Lest anyone misunderstand what it meant by “culminated,” the paper made sure to spell it out. “For many Democrats,” the piece concluded, “the attack on Nancy Pelosi’s husband represents the all-but-inevitable conclusion of Republicans’ increasingly violent and threatening rhetoric toward their political opponent.”

https://www.nationalreview.com/2024/09/what-are-the-rules/

Timeline
14 hours ago, Pooky said:

"There's none so blind as they that won't see"

One of the possible motives already stated for the would-be assassin is that he viewed Donald Trump as a threat to democracy. There is only one side of the political spectrum voicing that (false) opinion and it is not the GOP.

So, to say “But only one of the two major parties is actively fanning the flames” is wholly untruthful. The Democrats and their mainstream media propaganda machine have been pushing this narrative for over a year, fanning the flames, as you put it, and encouraging radical activists to act.

The fact that you quote both Axios and the Guardian only shows that you exist in the left-wing echo chamber and regurgitate what they feed you, to the exclusion of any outside, dissenting opinions. When even ABC and CNN begin questioning the DNC Politburo narrative, that echo chamber may be shrinking and may even let a little of the real world in to illuminate the darkness. Hopefully then you will open your eyes.

Many on the left are easily gaslighted.

15 hours ago, Family said:

Stolen Valor perpetrator Tim Walz is really weird, and his wife is even more so.

Timeline

The Witch is back!

Timeline
3 hours ago, Boiler said:

The Witch is back!

Her doppelganger Gwen Whipple (Tim Walz's spouse) was getting too much news I guess.

5 hours ago, Dashinka said:

Hmm, they go after right wing extremist early, but let the left wing/Democrat extremist free to do their damage even when on the FBI's radar.  Makes a lot of sense, no wonder the FBI has become a laughingstock.  Btw, nice deflection.

So ..”you can put wings on a pig, but that doesn’t make it an eagle ‘’. 
I am glad your ‘anointed one” is good and safe…within minutes he updated his followers with a swift all clear give me some more $$ campaign  email . 

Heck blame whatever you wish, even Karma 😂, he preaches…mostly hate and otherisms…no one else started that morning with an “ I HATE xyz..” social media post to millions