Family

Politics of Petulance (title renamed to match original post)

1,280 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, PGA said:

Damn! That pesky whole due process thing 😄. Maybe I'm wrong but me thinks the "vote blue no matter who" crowd is setting themselves up for a giant disappointment followed closely with vengeful anger. On a side note, I'm wondering when the DSM is going to add TDS as an official diagnosis.

Messianic Trump Syndrome: The “Shared Psychosis” of Trumpianity

by Bruce T. Gourley | Oct 18, 2023 | Feature, Opinion

I am your voice.”

“I am your warrior.”

“I am the chosen one.”

“I am your retribution.”

“I’m being indicted for you.”

The “I am” statements keep coming from the self-proclaimed messiah who in reality is a malignant narcissist, pathological liar, sexual predator, career conman and America’s biggest criminal—and a man that millions of white American Christians actually believe is their messiah. His dark charisma is so appealing to so many that for much of white American Christianity today, being a follower of anti-Christ Trump is their very identity. 

There is a backstory to this madness: Much of white American Christianity—from enslaving Black people to racial apartheid to violent resistance to human rights—has long marinated in white pride and an overriding lust for power. Anti-Christ Donald Trump is the historical dark side of white American Christianity on steroids: unquenchable authoritarianism with an endless capacity to punish anyone who stands in his way of obtaining ultimate power.

https://goodfaithmedia.org/messianic-trump-syndrome-the-shared-psychosis-of-trumpianity/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
52 minutes ago, Family said:

Messianic Trump Syndrome: The “Shared Psychosis” of Trumpianity

by Bruce T. Gourley | Oct 18, 2023 | Feature, Opinion

I am your voice.”

“I am your warrior.”

“I am the chosen one.”

“I am your retribution.”

“I’m being indicted for you.”

The “I am” statements keep coming from the self-proclaimed messiah who in reality is a malignant narcissist, pathological liar, sexual predator, career conman and America’s biggest criminal—and a man that millions of white American Christians actually believe is their messiah. His dark charisma is so appealing to so many that for much of white American Christianity today, being a follower of anti-Christ Trump is their very identity. 

There is a backstory to this madness: Much of white American Christianity—from enslaving Black people to racial apartheid to violent resistance to human rights—has long marinated in white pride and an overriding lust for power. Anti-Christ Donald Trump is the historical dark side of white American Christianity on steroids: unquenchable authoritarianism with an endless capacity to punish anyone who stands in his way of obtaining ultimate power.

https://goodfaithmedia.org/messianic-trump-syndrome-the-shared-psychosis-of-trumpianity/

Oh my! Thank you for that great example of TDS.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
20 hours ago, Family said:

There are many “ Republics “ ..just look at  DPRK 😂

This is what we teach out new citizens, though: 

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/lesson-plans/Government_and_You_handouts.pdf

Democracy in the United States
The United States is a representative democracy.
This means that our government is elected by citizens.
Here, citizens vote for their government officials.
These officials represent the citizens’ ideas and concerns in government.
Voting is one way to participate in our democracy.
Citizens can also contact their officials when they want to support or change a law.
Voting in an election and contacting our elected officials are two ways that Americans can participate in their democracy.

The problem is that this isn’t taught to natural born USCs that go through the atrocious public education system.  

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 2/10/2024 at 9:33 AM, Family said:

There are many “ Republics “ ..just look at  DPRK 😂

This is what we teach out new citizens, though: 

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/lesson-plans/Government_and_You_handouts.pdf

Democracy in the United States
The United States is a representative democracy.
This means that our government is elected by citizens.
Here, citizens vote for their government officials.
These officials represent the citizens’ ideas and concerns in government.
Voting is one way to participate in our democracy.
Citizens can also contact their officials when they want to support or change a law.
Voting in an election and contacting our elected officials are two ways that Americans can participate in their democracy.

uh huh...........and from the pledge of allegiance.............

In its original form it read:

"I pledge allegiance to my Flag and the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

In 1923, the words, "the Flag of the United States of America" were added. At this time it read:

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
https://www.ushistory.org/documents/pledge.htm

most likely what you cited was the us intentionally "dumbing" things down as most don't know what a republic is.
lastly, whatever some tin pot dictator wants to call his backwards country should have no bearing on the usa being a republic.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

1 hour ago, Ban Hammer said:

uh huh...........and from the pledge of allegiance.............

In its original form it read:

"I pledge allegiance to my Flag and the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

In 1923, the words, "the Flag of the United States of America" were added. At this time it read:

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
https://www.ushistory.org/documents/pledge.htm

most likely what you cited was the us intentionally "dumbing" things down as most don't know what a republic is.
lastly, whatever some tin pot dictator wants to call his backwards country should have no bearing on the usa being a republic.

Since our language is dynamic and changes with time , I am inclined to think American Democracy is a good fit. ..as Constitutional Federal Republic is a bit formal . 

Not to mention Republic is indeed used liberally 😂 ..consider ROC , PRC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
8 hours ago, Family said:

Since our language is dynamic and changes with time , I am inclined to think American Democracy is a good fit. ..as Constitutional Federal Republic is a bit formal . 

words mean something..........for further reading consider "1984" and reading about minitrue.
the correct term is republic. 

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
12 hours ago, Family said:

Why are Democrats so insistent with re-defining words?  

1 hour ago, Dashinka said:

words?  

I for one did not know “Trumpettes’’ was a real term used by Republican women . 
Chilling scare tactics to divide .

Trumpettes serve up 'mega MAGA' menu at gala featuring Trump World stars

The Donald Trump fan club Trumpettes' promised "mega MAGA" event lived up to its billing Saturday night at Mar-a-Lago.

PALM BEACH — The Donald Trump fan club Trumpettes' promised "mega MAGA" gala lived up to its billing Saturday night at Mar-a-Lago.

Actor Robert Davi improvised a version of Frank Sinatra's "My Way" in which he crooned "Trump did it his way." U.S. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia decried "communist Democrats" she warned are "coming after your money." And a rough-hewn, hardline immigration proponent said to be on Trump's list for a Cabinet-level post vowed "we're going to fix this (expletive)" at the southern border.https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/news/trump/2024/02/11/trumpettes-mega-maga-gala-features-trump-marjorie-taylor-greene/72490253007/

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
3 hours ago, Dashinka said:

Why are Democrats so insistent with re-defining words?  

I do wish the bloody colonials would stop trying to mess with proper English!  Inventing new words, because they’re too lazy to accurately define something with the words already in the dictionary, redefining words because their original meaning offends sensibilities and causes temper tantrums, removing the letter “U” from words and not increasing its Scrabble value, etc., etc.

Edited by Pooky

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
10 hours ago, Pooky said:

the bloody colonials

The only British-English word/spelling worth keeping is "tyre," si man.

10 hours ago, Pooky said:

removing the letter “U” from words

The time in writing and typing that we bloody Colonists have saved by eliminating the superfluous "U" from all your words is why we Colonists have the greatest nation ever (well, pre-Bidementia) and why the sun has set on the British Umpire.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
54 minutes ago, Family said:

The Affair Hearing

I love how you label it.  So you are fine with elected officials mis-using public funds?