CoralMermaid0009

Montreal Consulate - Scheduling K1 Fiancé visa interview/appointment

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

I just was looking for some advice, or maybe clarification from anyone else going through this as well.

Our fiancé visa application was approved by USCIS earlier this year, we are currently at the Packet 4 stage with the Consulate in Montreal, Canada. I logged into the website "Official U.S. Department of State Visa Appointment Service" and I got all the way to the MRV Fee Details/Payment page, but it won't allow me to go any further, and it is stating "There are no available appointments at this time. Please check back in a few days as the Consular Section will open more appointments". I have been checking for a few days now and no new openings. I am just wondering if I am going about this correctly, as well as is there maybe a better time/date to check for openings? Or is it really just luck of the draw at this point? 

Any help, or advice, or personal experiences would be super appreciated.

Thank you so much!

3 minutes ago, CoralMermaid0009 said:

Hello,

I just was looking for some advice, or maybe clarification from anyone else going through this as well.

Our fiancé visa application was approved by USCIS earlier this year, we are currently at the Packet 4 stage with the Consulate in Montreal, Canada. I logged into the website "Official U.S. Department of State Visa Appointment Service" and I got all the way to the MRV Fee Details/Payment page, but it won't allow me to go any further, and it is stating "There are no available appointments at this time. Please check back in a few days as the Consular Section will open more appointments". I have been checking for a few days now and no new openings. I am just wondering if I am going about this correctly, as well as is there maybe a better time/date to check for openings? Or is it really just luck of the draw at this point? 

Any help, or advice, or personal experiences would be super appreciated.

Thank you so much!

Try the Canada regional forum, i am certain there are multiple threads on this topic 

Timeline
1 minute ago, IWander said:

Try the Canada regional forum, i am certain there are multiple threads on this topic 

Thank you! I will definitely try that, I am new to the site and just trying to figure out where everything is. 

Thank you again 🙂

Timeline

You can't make any payments or go past the MRV Fee Details/Payment page until appointments are available and as you say, it really is just luck of the draw. I checked regularly every hour but happened to take a nap once when interview dates had been posted. After that I checked every half hour while the consulate office hours were open and managed to get an interview date.

Their hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 pm. If you're on Facebook I also recommend joining the group "Montreal K1 Visa Applicants
" if you're not in it already and have notifications on. Just like Visa Journey everyone is very helpful and will post if they see interview dates have been added.

Good luck!

• Chancy locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.