Liam H.

K1 Visa Montreal Appointment Booking Non-availability

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, L. Jones said:

Did you all ever get your appointments? I've been checking twice a day everyday since end of July. From the thread looks like I will have to check around midnight everyday for a better chance at an appointment.

Yes I did, and I apologize for not updating my post in this thread! It’s been a hectic week. I was so upset after missing out on the appointments that opened up last Monday, but then they opened up again on Wednesday and a bunch of people from the K1 Facebook group tagged me, so I was able to book in for today and I just got approved!!

The last 2 openings both happened at 12PM Montreal time. You really have to be right there when it happens because they’re gone very quickly. Best of luck with booking!

1 hour ago, CV & KM said:

Still waiting for Montreal consulate to open dates. It's so stressful! I'm scared I'm gonna miss out on dates so I check every 1 to 3 hour.

Please join the FB group if you haven’t already! I was tagged when appointments opened and that’s seriously the only reason that I was able to get one. At my worst and most stressed I was checking multiple times an hour, so I totally understand. At this point I don’t think they’ll open any more this month, but be prepared on the first Monday of September. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, 0508 said:

i'm also having the same issue of no appointments available.. any additional help or advice would be amazing! :)

Did you join the Montreal K1-Visa forum on facebook? You can join groups chat and they usually post when dates are available. My fiance and I took turn logging into the site hoping to find dates and we got ours with the help of the forum. (make sure to have your notifications on!!! if you join the forum)

Edited by CV & KM

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, CV & KM said:

Did you join the Montreal K1-Visa forum on facebook? You can join groups chat and they usually post when dates are available. My fiance and I took turn logging into the site hoping to find dates and we got ours with the help of the forum. (make sure to have your notifications on!!! if you join the forum)

yes i did! one of the members said she added me to the group chat and will hopefully get a notification when slots open up😊

also doing the same thing with my fiance! hopefully will get a date soon🙏thanks for your help!!

• 5 months later...
On 8/3/2023 at 4:17 PM, Liam H. said:

I had reached out to the help desk a couple days back, and just received this response back to my inquiry about wait times:

"

Dear Applicant,

The message "No available appointments" does unfortunately mean that there are no available appointments for the chosen visa category at the chosen Embassy/Consulate.

Please be aware that certain visa categories are very popular and the available slots fill rapidly. As the amount of appointments made available are at the sole discretion of the Embassy and the consulates the only advice we can provide is to keep trying to find an available appointment.

Thank you,

The Contact Desk Support Team."

Now I'm not a lawyer, so my ability to read between the lines isn't great, but I think I just got told to "Sit down, shut up, and wait to get lucky like everyone else" in the most professional way possible lol.

But yeah, what I basically get from this is waiting over a month for an appointment opening that may or may not come is totally normal for this consulate, and they have no plans to change this or help in any way.

Here I was thinking it was a Nigeria thing. But even people from our 51st state are getting the same treatment.
On a serious note, I don't know why such an inefficiency is allowed to exist. Prime opportunity for enterprising scammers and black markets to thrive. 

You pay for you visa  >  you submit your proof pf payment with the traceable invoice number or whatever   >   they assign you a date when the next set of dates are released

Seems very simple to me but evidently it's rocket science. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.