TBoneTX

[Master Thread] Federal & State Charges Against Pres. Trump [merged]

1,115 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

As these leftists will learn, there is nothing criminal about challenging an election.   Even Professor Alan Dershowitz, who is certainly no Trump fan, says this whole thing is crazy. 

there is nothing criminal about Democrats challenging an election

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

On 8/15/2023 at 7:55 PM, TBoneTX said:

Mark Meadows Files Motion That Could Be an Out in Georgia for Trump and Multiple Defendants

[...] that seems like a smart play and one that has a very real chance of succeeding.  For an explanation of what such a motion actually entails, I'll give way to Leslie McAdoo Gordon, who holds expertise in this area.  [...]

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2023/08/15/mark-meadows-files-motion-that-could-be-an-out-in-georgia-for-trump-and-multiple-defendants-n2162684

All defendants are expected to file mountains of motions..to move , to dismiss , over discovery…with the scope of delay

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2023-08-16/mark-meadows-petitions-to-move-georgia-case-to-federal-court

Former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows has petitioned to move to federal court a sprawling case accusing him, former President Donald Trump and more than a dozen other defendants of election interference – the first of what’s expected to be a litany of lengthy pretrial motions almost certain to prolong the case

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Family said:

Maybe future civil actions by states with Fake Electors…

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/wisconsin-judge-allows-civil-case-fake-trump-electors-102181613

False Electoral College certificates were submitted declaring Trump the winner of Wisconsin, Michigan, Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, New Mexico, Nevada and Pennsylvania.

I love how these folks are being portrayed as false or fake electors.  There was a reason these alternate electors were put in place in these states as it was required per the Constitution.  All of these states had pending election lawsuits ongoing at the the time of the electors needing to vote, and if these folks were not in place there would have been no remedy if any of the lawsuits succeeded.  Of course they did not, and these electors votes were not needed.  Anyway, I guess we need more political prosecutions out there.

I know, slow, steady and corrupt.

Edited by Dashinka

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/what-know-fake-electors-trump-indictment-2020-election-rcna98013

15 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

I love how these folks are being portrayed as false or fake electors.  There was a reason these alternate electors were put in place in these states as it was required per the Constitution.  All of these states had pending election lawsuits ongoing at the the time of the electors needing to vote, and if these folks were not in place there would have been no remedy if any of the lawsuits succeeded.  Of course they did not, and these electors votes were not needed.  Anyway, I guess we need more political prosecutions out there.

I know, slow, steady and corrupt.

What to know about the Trump 'fake electors' scheme in the 2020 election

Here’s what you need to know about the "fake electors" scheme and how it relates to Trump’s federal indictment following a 2020 election investigation.

The Trump team’s alleged scheme

After numerous legal challenges were flatly rejected by federal and state judges in several battleground states, Trump and his allies began actively pushing Republican state officials to reverse the election results. 

Specifically, prosecutors outlined in the indictment how they a) asked governors and secretaries of state to not certify the popular vote results, and b) pointed to nonexistent voter fraud to encourage state legislatures to set aside the popular vote and choose a fresh slate of pro-Trump electors. 

According to the indictment, the plan was outlined in a series of memos that "evolved over time from a legal strategy to preserve the Defendant's right to a corrupt plan to subvert the federal government function by stopping Biden electors' votes from being counted and certified."

The Trump team helped prepare fake certificates in seven states that Trump lost: Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, New Mexico, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. In many cases, these certificates falsely stated that the electors were their state’s “duly elected and qualified” electors. Those phony certificates were then submitted to the National Archives and Congress. A watchdog group published some of the fake certificates. 

The certificates signed in Pennsylvania and New Mexico include a potentially important caveat, however, saying that the certificates were submitted in case the alternate electors were later recognized as duly elected (i.e., if Trump was eventually deemed the winner of the election in those states)

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/what-know-fake-electors-trump-indictment-2020-election-rcna98013

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Family said:

Hmm..yes. Laws violated listed in criminal charges. 
So serious that crime-fraud exception pierced attorneys privilege.

Has that been ruled on yet?  I understand the corrupt Jack Smith wants that, but I believe a judge needs to rule first.

27 Donald Trump election lies listed in his Georgia indictment

…also lays out numerous lies from some of the 18 Trump allies who have been charged alongside him, notably including a large number of falsehoods from his former lawyer Rudy Giuliani. This article is specifically about lies attributed to Trump himself.

1. Trump’s lie that he was the real winner of the 2020 election.(Page 20 of the indictment)

This is Trump’s overarching lie about the election. He lost fair and square to Biden, 306-232 in the Electoral College, and there is no evidence of fraud even close to widespread enough to have altered the outcome in any state. 

2. Trump’s lie that the 2020 election was “corrupt.” (Page 45)

The Fulton County indictment, like the federal election subversion indictment, alleges that on December 27, 2020, Trump said the following in a conversation with two senior Justice Department officials, acting attorney general Jeffrey Rosen and acting deputy attorney general Richard Donoghue: “Just say that the election was corrupt and leave the rest to me and the Republican congressmen.” (Donoghue memorialized this purported Trump remark in his handwritten notes.)

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/16/politics/fact-check-trump-georgia-indictment-lies/index.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Family said:

27 Donald Trump election lies listed in his Georgia indictment

…also lays out numerous lies from some of the 18 Trump allies who have been charged alongside him, notably including a large number of falsehoods from his former lawyer Rudy Giuliani. This article is specifically about lies attributed to Trump himself.

1. Trump’s lie that he was the real winner of the 2020 election.(Page 20 of the indictment)

This is Trump’s overarching lie about the election. He lost fair and square to Biden, 306-232 in the Electoral College, and there is no evidence of fraud even close to widespread enough to have altered the outcome in any state. 

2. Trump’s lie that the 2020 election was “corrupt.” (Page 45)

The Fulton County indictment, like the federal election subversion indictment, alleges that on December 27, 2020, Trump said the following in a conversation with two senior Justice Department officials, acting attorney general Jeffrey Rosen and acting deputy attorney general Richard Donoghue: “Just say that the election was corrupt and leave the rest to me and the Republican congressmen.” (Donoghue memorialized this purported Trump remark in his handwritten notes.)

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/16/politics/fact-check-trump-georgia-indictment-lies/index.html

Those beliefs are not criminal.  Those so-called "lies" are freedom of speech.  He has a Constitutional right to challenge an election he believed to be tainted.  The leftists are going to get an education when the SCOTUS rules.  

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

4 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Those beliefs are not criminal.  Those beliefs are freedom of speech.  He has a Constitutional right to challenge an election he believed to be corrupt.  

Is the Big Lie Protected Speech?

One-third of Americans still believe the Big Lie, the verifiably false claim that Donald Trump was the winner of the 2020 presidential election. Political speech — even when false — is protected under the First Amendment, but are there limits?

https://www.brennancenter.org/events/big-lie-protected-speech

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Family said:

Is the Big Lie Protected Speech?

One-third of Americans still believe the Big Lie, the verifiably false claim that Donald Trump was the winner of the 2020 presidential election. Political speech — even when false — is protected under the First Amendment, but are there limits?

https://www.brennancenter.org/events/big-lie-protected-speech

Alan Dershowitz, prominent dem liberal Constitutional authority, says Trump was within his constitutional rights. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

https://www.reuters.com/legal/legalindustry/alan-dershowitz-ordered-pay-limited-sanctions-arizona-election-case-2023-07-14/

Alan Dershowitz ordered to pay limited sanctions in Arizona election case

The Constitution bars Trump from holding public office ever again

Last week, law professors William Baude of the University of Chicago and Michael Stokes Paulsen of the University of St. Thomas — both members of the conservative Federalist Society — argued in a law review article that Trump is already constitutionally forbidden from serving in public office because of Section Three of the 14th Amendment.

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/4155537-the-constitution-bars-trump-from-holding-public-office-ever-again/

17 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Alan Dershowitz, prominent dem liberal Constitutional authority, says Trump was within his constitutional rights. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
1 hour ago, Crazy Cat said:

when the SCOTUS rules

But, of course, Roberts and Kavanaugh are on there...

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Family said:

https://www.reuters.com/legal/legalindustry/alan-dershowitz-ordered-pay-limited-sanctions-arizona-election-case-2023-07-14/

Alan Dershowitz ordered to pay limited sanctions in Arizona election case

The Constitution bars Trump from holding public office ever again

Last week, law professors William Baude of the University of Chicago and Michael Stokes Paulsen of the University of St. Thomas — both members of the conservative Federalist Society — argued in a law review article that Trump is already constitutionally forbidden from serving in public office because of Section Three of the 14th Amendment.

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/4155537-the-constitution-bars-trump-from-holding-public-office-ever-again/

Personally, I would be fine with that.  I would be happy voting for DeSantis, or Ramaswamy over Old Corrupt Joe Biden.  I would also vote for Trump over OCJB considering the corruption Old Joe is involved in and has been involved in for many many years.

1 hour ago, Crazy Cat said:

The Democrat Party and the Left have no respect for the Constitution.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
4 hours ago, Family said:

Just because people have used the word insurrection to describe the events surrounding January 6th doesn’t mean they have a clue what one is.

Until DJT is convicted of being a part of an insurrection and said conviction is upheld all the way through SCOTUS, any ruling based on the 14th Amendment will be justifiably perceived as a blatant political manoeuvre, with no basis in legal reality.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png