TBoneTX

[Master Thread] Federal & State Charges Against Pres. Trump [merged]

1,115 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Dashinka said:

Here is the big question, any past President contains a great deal of “classified” or “top secret” information in their heads.  How are they stopped from relaying that information to anyone?

Ex Presidents do remain valuable assets and we provide lifetime protection so the secrets in their head don’t end up in the hands of Unfriendlies..like Russia or North Korea..but oh, wait Trump really likes those fellows …nonetheless plenty others out there.

I would also assume , Ex Presidents play by the rules and respect the solemn oaths they took to protect those secrets …not spill them to every Tom ####### And Harry on the porch ..

13 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

and Secretary of State Pantsuit kept classified information in her home on internet-connected computers......but I guess no prosecutor would charge that crime.  What a joke and obvious political persecution of Trump this is.  Biden will regret this... Mark my words

When I was a child and lMom caught me red handed in a mischief …I often tried arguing “ But Ma..Johnny sneaked 3 cookies and he told a fib and never got grounded..it’s Not Fait!”

It never worked…

but this does seem to be the go to defense for the conduct 

9 hours ago, Pooky said:

DOJ misconduct? An attempted shakedown of Nauta’s lawyer, reported in a sealed letter to D.C. District Chief Judge James Boasberg?

At the end of the day, this could go very badly for the DOJ.

Which would be nice. 😁

I do believe the police can even lie during a criminal interrogation/ investigation…but they have a nicer word “ deceptive practices “ in the course of investigation. And courts do give leeway .

Every investigator has probably uttered “ Talk if you know what’s good for you..” and likely list the litany of Bad Things . 
I would assume some s strong arm tactics are a reality.

https://www.ojp.gov/ncjrs/virtual-library/abstracts/deception-policeInterrogation GIF by BabylonBee

Detecting is a process that moves from investigation, often through interrogation, and then to police testimony in court. Police are offered considerable latitude by the courts during the investigation stage. This includes the use of informants, court-approved wiretapping, and undercover work. This latitude to deceive carries over into the interrogation and testimonial stages as a subculturally supported norm among officers. While physical coercion (beatings, torture, etc.) is clearly prohibited by the courts in police interrogations, psychological intimidation and various forms of deception are permitted once a suspect has consented to be interrogated, provided any information provided by the suspect appears to be voluntary.

Investigation continues ..apparently Trump wanted to force military action and impose Martial Law on the nation, when he lost.

Charging Document ll coming soon to a jurisdiction near you!

Exclusive: Special counsel prosecutors question witnesses about chaotic Oval Office meeting after Trump lost the 2020 election

During the heated Oval Office meeting on December 18, 2020, outside advisers faced off with top West Wing attorneys over a plan to have the military seize voting machines in crucial states that Trump had lost. They also discussed naming Powell as special counsel to investigate supposed voter fraud, and Trump invoking martial law as part of his efforts to overturn the election. 

Shouting and insults ensued; the night ended with Trump tweeting that a coming gathering in Washington, DC, on January 6, 2021, to protest the election results “will be wild.”

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/06/politics/oval-office-meeting-trump-special-counsel-probe/index.html

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
58 minutes ago, Family said:

I do believe the police can even lie during a criminal interrogation/ investigation…but they have a nicer word “ deceptive practices “ in the course of investigation. And courts do give leeway .

Every investigator has probably uttered “ Talk if you know what’s good for you..” and likely list the litany of Bad Things . 
I would assume some s strong arm tactics are a reality.

All of which is vastly different to threatening a defendant’s attorney that their application to be a D.C. Superior Court judge could be impacted if he could not get his client to testify against Trump.

Courts take a very dim view of that tactic, which, if found to have merit, can constitute attempted witness tampering, attempted federal bribery, attempted extortion by a federal official, or attempted subornation of perjury, all of which are serious federal crimes.

This has got precisely nothing to do with detective work.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
9 hours ago, Family said:

When I was a child and lMom caught me red handed in a mischief …I often tried arguing “ But Ma..Johnny sneaked 3 cookies and he told a fib and never got grounded..it’s Not Fait!”

It never worked…

You think I'm that petty?  A 2-tiered justice system at the Federal government level is unlawful.....

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

is it just me that thinks the media keeps the public so focused on "anything and everything about trump" so the public

is preoccupied like a dog with a new squeaky toy and unable to think about the biden administration?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
15 hours ago, Family said:

Ex Presidents do remain valuable assets and we provide lifetime protection so the secrets in their head don’t end up in the hands of Unfriendlies..like Russia or North Korea..but oh, wait Trump really likes those fellows …nonetheless plenty others out there.

I would also assume , Ex Presidents play by the rules and respect the solemn oaths they took to protect those secrets …not spill them to every Tom ####### And Harry on the porch ..

So it is much better for a career politician to sell the secrets or their influence?  I get it, don’t want to upset the swamp dwellers in DC.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
15 hours ago, Family said:

It never worked…

So you are saying some “special” folks should be treated differently by the US criminal Justice system?  Maybe you should read the way Gal Luft is being treated.

The simple fact is your straw man is immaterial when compared to how the Justice system is supposed to be used in this country, but you apparently think otherwise if it agrees with your politics.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Ban Hammer said:

is it just me that thinks the media keeps the public so focused on "anything and everything about trump" so the public

is preoccupied like a dog with a new squeaky toy and unable to think about the biden administration?

That certainly seems to be the case, and with those that are easily gaslighted by the likes of CNN, MSNBC, NYTimes, etc., it is simple to run that type of gambit.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
Just now, Dashinka said:

That certainly seems to be the case, and with those that are easily gaslighted by the likes of CNN, MSNBC, NYTimes, etc., it is simple to run that type of gambit.

It’s a new variant of ADOS that they’re calling ADOT …

Attention Deficit … Ooh! Trump!

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

On 7/6/2023 at 2:37 PM, TBoneTX said:

Maybe this can detect the misspelling information stored in the head of NB, too!  :P 

A lot of the world's to genus also had speeling problems 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
6 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

genus

So to which genus, phylum, etc. do you belong?

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

11 hours ago, Dashinka said:
On 7/6/2023 at 8:12 PM, Family said:

It never worked…

So you are saying some “special” folks should be treated differently by the US criminal Justice system?  Maybe you should read the way Gal Luft is being treated.

The simple fact is your straw man is immaterial when compared to how the Justice system is supposed to be used in this country, but you apparently think otherwise if it agrees with your politics.

The charges in the classified documents allege some very serious and disturbing criminal actions by Trump.
While it may not bother the MAGA enthusiasts , do make allowances for the fact that there are a great many people who are appalled …more so when one considers the evidence is Texts, Tapes and Witness Testimony.

In this instance he was treated with kid gloves by NARA for a year and a half. ..and given “special folk” deference. His Own Wise legal counsel advised him to return the Boxes.
He LIED …

He did not get a new lawyer, pot up a legal fight , argue Clinton Sox …he just LIED ( and put 2 attorneys licenses in jeopardy). 

If DOJ did not prosecute..they would surely be remiss in their duty.

As for ..but look the Other Guy did worse and Woeth Me..Why is everyone picking on Me …..I acknowledge it for what it is, effective /catchy /repeated snippets for his supporters/base.

I don’t quite know how to draw a comparison w the Gal Luft treatment. Remember he approached the Trump Admins DOJ with his claims ( four years ago)…if Trump could have found something, he would have jumped on it faster than a tick on a mangy dog. 

12 hours ago, Dashinka said:

So it is much better for a career politician to sell the secrets or their influence?  I get it, don’t want to upset the swamp dwellers in DC.

As history ( and Shakespeare) shows us, swamp creatures simply get swapped  by the winner’s creatures. ..

https://www.history.com/news/6-infamous-political-conspiracies

6 Infamous Political Conspiracies

From an ancient Roman coup d'état to the Lincoln assassination, get the facts on six of history’s most notorious political plots.