TBoneTX

[Master Thread] Federal & State Charges Against Pres. Trump [merged]

1,115 posts in this topic

Republicans react ….not all MAGA, it seems.. 

Would Republicans support Trump in 2024 if he's convicted of crimes? They're split

The GOP faces uncharted waters after its front-runner for the presidential nomination, Donald Trump, was indicted on felony charges. The party is divided over how to proceed.

WASHINGTON — Congressional Republicans are at odds about whether to support their party’s presidential front-runner, Donald Trump, next year if he’s convicted of federal crimes.

While some GOP lawmakers say they couldn’t support a convicted felon for the White House, others are reluctant to close the door

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/republicans-support-trump-2024-convicted-crimes-split-rcna89365

Romney Statement on Reports of Indictment

WASHINGTON—U.S. Senator Mitt Romney (R-UT) today issued the following statement on reports of the indictment of former President Trump:

Like all Americans, Mr. Trump is entitled to the presumption of innocence. The government has the burden of proving its charges beyond a reasonable doubt and securing a unanimous verdict by a South Florida jury.

“By all appearances, the Justice Department and special counsel have exercised due care, affording Mr. Trump the time and opportunity to avoid charges that would not generally have been afforded to others.

“Mr. Trump brought these charges upon himself by not only taking classified documents, but by refusing to simply return them when given numerous opportunities to do so.

“These allegations are serious and if proven, would be consistent with his other actions offensive to the national interest, such as withholding defensive weapons from Ukraine for political reasons and failing to defend the Capitol from violent attack and insurrection.”

https://www.romney.senate.gov/romney-statement-on-reports-of-indictment/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Family said:

Mitt Romney (R-UT) today issued the following statement 

Pierre Delecto isn't a true Republican.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

21 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:
1 hour ago, Family said:

Mitt Romney (R-UT) today issued the following statement 

Pierre Delecto isn't a true Republican.

Be that as it may..he asks a good question “ Why?…”

Why didn’t Trump simply return the docs?
He put a good legal fight to block return..back and forth with NARA for a year and a half…his legal team advised for the return of ALL doc…yet here we are.

Noteworthy  , there were NO charges for the15 Boxes he  returned and had he complied , listened to his own  lawyers , THIS INDICTMENT would not be on the table.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Family said:

Republicans react ….not all MAGA, it seems.. 

Would Republicans support Trump in 2024 if he's convicted of crimes? They're split

The GOP faces uncharted waters after its front-runner for the presidential nomination, Donald Trump, was indicted on felony charges. The party is divided over how to proceed.

WASHINGTON — Congressional Republicans are at odds about whether to support their party’s presidential front-runner, Donald Trump, next year if he’s convicted of federal crimes.

While some GOP lawmakers say they couldn’t support a convicted felon for the White House, others are reluctant to close the door

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/republicans-support-trump-2024-convicted-crimes-split-rcna89365

Romney Statement on Reports of Indictment

WASHINGTON—U.S. Senator Mitt Romney (R-UT) today issued the following statement on reports of the indictment of former President Trump:

Like all Americans, Mr. Trump is entitled to the presumption of innocence. The government has the burden of proving its charges beyond a reasonable doubt and securing a unanimous verdict by a South Florida jury.

“By all appearances, the Justice Department and special counsel have exercised due care, affording Mr. Trump the time and opportunity to avoid charges that would not generally have been afforded to others.

“Mr. Trump brought these charges upon himself by not only taking classified documents, but by refusing to simply return them when given numerous opportunities to do so.

“These allegations are serious and if proven, would be consistent with his other actions offensive to the national interest, such as withholding defensive weapons from Ukraine for political reasons and failing to defend the Capitol from violent attack and insurrection.”

https://www.romney.senate.gov/romney-statement-on-reports-of-indictment/

Romney is in fact a robot.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Former GOP congressman: Trump put ‘lives at risk’ in not returning classified documents

He absolutely could have put people’s lives at risk for not returning these documents. And like when I first read the indictment, it’s shocking,” he told CNN’s Jim Acosta. “The fact that you have recorded audio of Donald Trump saying that he has documents he shouldn’t have, and it’s highly classified. And he’s showing it to people. Who else did he show this kind of information?”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

He should have kept the boxes secure in the back of his garage 

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Trump lacked power to declassify secret nuclear arms document, experts say

WASHINGTON, June 18 (Reuters) - Even when he was president, Donald Trump lacked the legal authority to declassify a U.S. nuclear weapons-related document that he is charged with illegally possessing, security experts said, contrary to the former U.S. president’s claim.

The secret document, listed as No. 19 in the indictment charging Trump with endangering national security, can under the Atomic Energy Act only be declassified through a process that by the statute involves the Department of Energy and the Department of Defense.

Judge Cannon shows no intention of recusing herself., issues first order of business. 
Am Curious if prosecution will move to disqualify her 

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/courts/donald-trump-arrested-judge-cannon-issues-first-order

U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon ordered defense attorneys Thursday to contact the Justice Department to expedite the process of obtaining security clearances to be in compliance by no later than June 20

Trump is a bit mad…and would like his boxes back.

Trump claims he's "exonerated" and demands his boxes back. Experts say he's "confessing to intent"

SO NOW THAT EVERYONE UNDERSTANDS THAT THE PRESIDENTIAL RECORDS ACT, PLUS THE CLINTON SOCKS CASE, TOTALLY EXONERATED ME FROM THE CONTINUING WITCH HUNT BROUGHT ON BY CORRUPT JOE BIDEN, THE DOJ, DERANGED JACK SMITH, AND THEIR RADICAL LEFT, MARXIST THUGS, WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO DROP ALL CHARGES AGAINST ME, APOLOGIZE, AND RETURN EVERYTHING THAT WAS ILLEGALLY TAKEN (FOURTH AMENDMENT) FROM MY HOME? THIS WAS NOTHING OTHER THAN ELECTION INTERFERENCE!!!" THIS WAS NOTHING OTHER THAN ELECTION INTERFERENCE!!!" Trump wrote, reiterating statements he made during his Tuesday rally in Bedminster, New Jersey.

https://www.salon.com/2023/06/16/claims-hes-exonerated-and-demands-his-boxes-back-experts-say-hes-confessing-to-intent/

Edited by Family

Timeline
41 minutes ago, Family said:

demands his boxes back

Sad Trump Says He Was Just A Few Document Boxes Away From Building Really Cool Fort

PALM BEACH, FL — As he prepared to face indictment on federal charges related to possession of classified documents, former President Donald Trump revealed his disappointment that he was only a few boxes of top secret documents away from building a really cool fort.  [...]

https://babylonbee.com/news/sad-trump-says-he-was-just-a-few-document-boxes-away-from-building-really-cool-fort

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Stacey Plaskett Makes Quite the Freudian Slip About What Should Happen to Trump

[...] on Sunday, Plaskett appeared on MSNBC to talk about the classified documents case against former President Donald Trump when she let slip what I think many Democrats wish would happen to him — that he be "shot" — before she quickly corrected herself.  [...]

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2023/06/18/stacey-plaskett-makes-quite-the-freudian-slip-about-what-should-happen-to-trump-n763757

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
14 hours ago, Family said:

Trump lacked power to declassify secret nuclear arms document, experts say

WASHINGTON, June 18 (Reuters) - Even when he was president, Donald Trump lacked the legal authority to declassify a U.S. nuclear weapons-related document that he is charged with illegally possessing, security experts said, contrary to the former U.S. president’s claim.

The secret document, listed as No. 19 in the indictment charging Trump with endangering national security, can under the Atomic Energy Act only be declassified through a process that by the statute involves the Department of Energy and the Department of Defense.

Isn't the President head of the DoE and DoD?  Since you did not provide a link for this story, I added it below, and also included the part that other experts disagree with the conclusion made in the headline.  Always good to keep our minds open.

I know you would rather hype the Leftist media like Salon, NPR, WaPa, etc., that are breathlessly covering Trump all the while ignoring the elephant in the room dealing with Old Corrupt Joe and his financial gain from his political influence.  Does that mean you are fine with a politician selling his influence?  The current, not former, President?

Not everyone agrees that the president lacks the power to declassify nuclear data. 

David Jonas, who served for 10 years as general counsel for the U.S. National Nuclear Security Administration, the Department of Energy division that oversees the nuclear arsenal,

said Trump had the constitutional authority to declassify all classified documents under the "unitary executive theory," which holds that Congress cannot limit the president’s control over the executive branch.

“The president is the executive branch and so he can declassify anything that is nuclear information,” he said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-lacked-power-to-declassify-secret-nuclear-arms-document-experts-say/ar-AA1cJFF5

Edited by Dashinka

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
17 hours ago, Family said:

Former GOP congressman: Trump put ‘lives at risk’ in not returning classified documents

He absolutely could have put people’s lives at risk for not returning these documents. And like when I first read the indictment, it’s shocking,” he told CNN’s Jim Acosta. “The fact that you have recorded audio of Donald Trump saying that he has documents he shouldn’t have, and it’s highly classified. And he’s showing it to people. Who else did he show this kind of information?”

Utterly ridiculous..... 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
12 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Stacey Plaskett Makes Quite the Freudian Slip About What Should Happen to Trump

[...] on Sunday, Plaskett appeared on MSNBC to talk about the classified documents case against former President Donald Trump when she let slip what I think many Democrats wish would happen to him — that he be "shot" — before she quickly corrected herself.  [...]

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2023/06/18/stacey-plaskett-makes-quite-the-freudian-slip-about-what-should-happen-to-trump-n763757

Grounds for arrest for incitement to violence? Or to commit murder?

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png