congrats

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Elays said:

I FINALLY WAS APPROVED OMG😭❤️

IM SO HAPPY TO BE IN NVC STAGE NOW😭❤️

➡️NOA1 27th June 2022

➡️NOA2 30th August 2023

Congratulations!!! You've been so helpful here, you deserve it!

Edited by Bh_sarah

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
6 hours ago, Elays said:

Guys when do we need to fill out the DS-160? I have read once you pay it...it will expire in 30 days?

My understanding is that you can complete your DS-160 as soon as you receive the P3 welcome email from the Embassy which handles your case but not sooner.

Timeline
8 hours ago, Elays said:

Guys when do we need to fill out the DS-160? I have read once you pay it...it will expire in 30 days?

1 hour ago, snewbery said:

My understanding is that you can complete your DS-160 as soon as you receive the P3 welcome email from the Embassy which handles your case but not sooner.

It won't expire in 30 days, you just have 30 days to fill it and submit it as soon as you start it. If you don't submit it in 30 days, then they won't save the info and you have to start over again. My advice is to fill DS-160 whenever you have a case number, then submit it when your case turns to "Ready" on CEAC. The embassy welcome email is generally a guidance for interview scheduling, and it all depends on your embassy. I was able to schedule my interview as soon as my case was ready, but I gave enough time between booking and the interview data for the embassy to contact me. My embassy sent me the "welcome letter" (it was an email) 6 days after it was ready.

Try to see what other people in Spain are doing.

NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi @Bh_sarah 😄

I remember I saw a post where you explained something related to Julian calendar or something similar long ago🤔

I have been trying to find it but I havent been lucky lol🥲

Do you know where is it? TY❤️

12 hours ago, Bh_sarah said:

It won't expire in 30 days, you just have 30 days to fill it and submit it as soon as you start it. If you don't submit it in 30 days, then they won't save the info and you have to start over again. My advice is to fill DS-160 whenever you have a case number, then submit it when your case turns to "Ready" on CEAC. The embassy welcome email is generally a guidance for interview scheduling, and it all depends on your embassy. I was able to schedule my interview as soon as my case was ready, but I gave enough time between booking and the interview data for the embassy to contact me. My embassy sent me the "welcome letter" (it was an email) 6 days after it was ready.

Try to see what other people in Spain are doing.

Thanks🥰

Timeline
2 hours ago, Elays said:

Hi @Bh_sarah 😄

I remember I saw a post where you explained something related to Julian calendar or something similar long ago🤔

I have been trying to find it but I havent been lucky lol🥲

Do you know where is it? TY❤️

Thanks🥰

Hi, here it is:

You will only need it when you get your case number from NVC.

NOA1:

Timeline
3 hours ago, Bh_sarah said:

Hi, here it is:

You will only need it when you get your case number from NVC.

Yay 🥰 Ty☺️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, K1Sam said:

I finally just got our NOA2 in the mail today but, 23 or 24 days later, is this normal?

Anyway, here's what's strange. I saw our approval online on 8/10 but the notice date is 8/28 and it's valid from 8/09.

I just wonder if 8/28 is the date I should start my NVC countdown from, I'd appreciate your input!

My approval date matched my notice date of August 2023 and had a correct expiration date of 4 months later.  However, the valid FROM date started from May, 3 months earlier than the approval date. lol. 

This shows they do make typos. To reduce the stress, you should just assume your NVC clock starts 8/28.  And then be excited if the case happens to arrive early. 

Edited by W199

Timeline
13 hours ago, K1Sam said:

I finally just got our NOA2 in the mail today but, 23 or 24 days later, is this normal?

Anyway, here's what's strange. I saw our approval online on 8/10 but the notice date is 8/28 and it's valid from 8/09.

I just wonder if 8/28 is the date I should start my NVC countdown from, I'd appreciate your input!

Oh wow!!! I have always heard that the true date is always the one on the letter so maybe you should consider that one

I havent gotten my NOA2 letter yet, we were approved 4 days ago so I expect to get it by this coming week, I wonder what date will have LOL😅

USCIS😅

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Elays said:

Oh wow!!! I have always heard that the true date is always the one on the letter so maybe you should consider that one

I havent gotten my NOA2 letter yet, we were approved 4 days ago so I expect to get it by this coming week, I wonder what date will have LOL😅

USCIS😅

Ours took almost 2 weeks. I was getting worried, then it finally arrived. 

Consulate: Manila, Philippines | I-129F Sent: 2022-06-07 | NOA1: 2022-06-09 | NOA2: 2023-07-11 NVC Rec’d: 2023-08-10 | Case #: 2023-08-24 NVC Left Consulate: 2023-09-12 | Received : 2023-09-13 | Packet 3 Rec’d : | Packet 3 Sent : | Packet 4 Rec’d: 2023-09-19 | Interview: 2023-10-17 | Interview Result: Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Sorry to be a pain being redundant but can anyone explain whats needed document wise after NOA2? Im currently waiting on NVC case number but if i remember right it says im supposed to send my fiancee the entire I-129F packet as well as new letters of intent for marriage is that correct? Also i see two forms of affidavit the I-134 and the I-864 which one do i fill out and to who and when do i send it? Also are pay stubs and W-2 more than enough for proof of income?

3 hours ago, SP1988 said:

Sorry to be a pain being redundant but can anyone explain whats needed document wise after NOA2? Im currently waiting on NVC case number but if i remember right it says im supposed to send my fiancee the entire I-129F packet as well as new letters of intent for marriage is that correct? Also i see two forms of affidavit the I-134 and the I-864 which one do i fill out and to who and when do i send it? Also are pay stubs and W-2 more than enough for proof of income?

From you, the petitioner, the fiance only needs I134 and a letter of intent. Your fiance takes I134 to the interview not I864, I-864 is for when you apply for adjustment of status with I485 don't need that yet.

As for proof of income, my understand is include as much evidence as you can. So yes, W-2, pay stubs, but more importantly tax transcripts for the last year, last 3 years even better. Perhaps even bank statements or any other assets just to help out really, if you're income is well above poverty line I wouldn't worry about those.

Of course depending on the country your fiance is from he/she should already be preparing the police certificate, birth certificate, passport etc, I think those are more important to focus on right now if you haven't prepared them yet, some might take a while!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.