Tango2017

received letter removal of conditions was processed new card will arrive in 60 days

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Colombia
Timeline

Today 07/28/2023 we received wife's 797 notice of action that removal of conditions was approved and green card will arrive in 60 days. here is our question we still have the old extension letters for 48 months and expired green card. 

can we travel to mexico next week? are we facing reentry issues when we return. It does mention in the letter the following.

congratualation uscis approved your greencard request to remove conditions.  you should receive your green card in 60 days.  you should not travel outside the united states until you receive your new greencard as you may have difficulty renetering. if you need to travel schedule a visit with local uscis to request an i551 stamp on your passport.

should we travel that is our main question.

6 minutes ago, Tango2017 said:

you should not travel outside the united states until you receive your new greencard as you may have difficulty renetering. if you need to travel schedule a visit with local uscis to request an i551 stamp on your passport.

I guess this answers your question?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

can we travel to mexico next week?

Yes

should we travel that is our main question

I would.

7 minutes ago, Tango2017 said:

if you need to travel schedule a visit with local uscis to request an i551 stamp on your passport.

Make the effort and record it. Do not cancel your travel plans because USCIS is incapable of operating competently.

If “next week” is Friday, I would say there is a 50 percent chance GC will be in hand by Thursday.

Timeline
Just now, Tango2017 said:

our extension letter was for 48 months we are happy that they approved the card but we had called earlier and they said to wait until the 48 months are up they are way out of control. 

Well you have received different instructions since the last time ypu asked for a stamp. It is free to ask for an ADIT, and free to get an ADIT. Filing I-193 at the port of entry is not always free.

Filed: Other Country: Colombia
Timeline

well God works in mysterious ways. Green card arrived today i must say was not expecting it to arrive until after our trip. We filed back in march 2021 and until 07/29/2023 green card was received. ill update my timeline.

Timeline
20 hours ago, Mike E said:

If “next week” is Friday, I would say there is a 50 percent chance GC will be in hand by Thursday.

56 minutes ago, Tango2017 said:

Green card arrived today

I will share my super bowl picks at a later date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.