Lone

NVC accepted documents BUT gave the statement below.

17 posts in this topic

Does this mean I'll get an interview or does the c0-sponsor have to be added right away? All documents were accepted, I don't understand.

The income reported as stated on form I-864, I-864A is insufficient to overcome the public charge grounds of inadmissibility for visa issuance. To avoid delays, an additional Affidavit of Support Form I-864 from a joint sponsor may be submitted. For more information visit https://nvc.state.gov/aos and https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p. A consular officer will decide if you meet these requirements at the time of the interview. Note: You, as the sponsor, and any other sponsors household members and joint sponsors, must provide updated or additional evidence for the applicant to present at the time of their interview such as: * Other income * Assets * Proof of current employment Note: You submitted documentation to the National Visa Center through the Consular Electronic Application Center CEAC. You can continue to upload documents to CEAC up until the date of your visa interview.

14 minutes ago, Suzender said:

Does this mean I'll get an interview or does the c0-sponsor have to be added right away? All documents were accepted, I don't understand.

The income reported as stated on form I-864, I-864A is insufficient to overcome the public charge grounds of inadmissibility for visa issuance. To avoid delays, an additional Affidavit of Support Form I-864 from a joint sponsor may be submitted. For more information visit https://nvc.state.gov/aos and https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p. A consular officer will decide if you meet these requirements at the time of the interview. Note: You, as the sponsor, and any other sponsors household members and joint sponsors, must provide updated or additional evidence for the applicant to present at the time of their interview such as: * Other income * Assets * Proof of current employment Note: You submitted documentation to the National Visa Center through the Consular Electronic Application Center CEAC. You can continue to upload documents to CEAC up until the date of your visa interview.

It means the petitioner's current income may be inadequate. You can submit a joint sponsor now, or wait.   The final decision is always made by the consular officer.

Not sure what you mean by 'does this mean I'll get an interview.'  The beneficiary is always interviewed for the visa.

I was just wondering if I don't provide a joint sponsor right now will they hold the case or will they schedule the interview for my husband? Sorry for the confusion.  All documents were accepted I used my current income, SSA and my home for an asset. I don't understand why it's considered insufficient funds. Thanks so much for responding.

4 minutes ago, Suzender said:

I was just wondering if I don't provide a joint sponsor right now will they hold the case or will they schedule the interview for my husband? Sorry for the confusion.  All documents were accepted I used my current income, SSA and my home for an asset. I don't understand why it's considered insufficient funds. Thanks so much for responding.

I do not believe it will delay anything.  Is your current income marginal?

Some people will just proceed with the interview and have a joint sponsor waiting in the wings if needed (i.e lined up, if requested).

The public charge determination/scrutiny can really vary by consulate/country.

41 minutes ago, Suzender said:

My current income  is projected meaning I just started this job in December 2022. But I am about $3000 over the poverty guidelines with that and SSA  then there's the home as an asset.

If your home is your only asset and primary residence it won’t be counted, I’m afraid. Reason being it would put you in a bad situation if you had to divest of it - where would you live? Now if this is your second or more residence that’s not a problem. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

That does make sense about having another property this is my primary home. I have not seen this before after reading many pages about assets., But if someone wanted to downsize, sell the home, or get an apartment you wouldn't be homeless, but I know the government won't see it that way.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
11 hours ago, Suzender said:

That does make sense about having another property this is my primary home. I have not seen this before after reading many pages about assets., But if someone wanted to downsize, sell the home, or get an apartment you wouldn't be homeless, but I know the government won't see it that way.

They don't as u would need to sell within a year (if needed to satisfy immigration and this can not be counted on)

401 K

savings

investments 

those are all better

guidelines for I 864 for cosponsor have to have the IRS transcripts with W2's and any 1099's  and proof of cosponsor's US residency

I would scan it to CEAC because if u don't  and take it to interview,   some CO"s don't look at the evidence but give out a 221g asking u to send it to embassy (even when u have documents right there) so save yourself from a long AP and scan it ASAP

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Suzender said:

I have exhausted my list of co-sponsors. I have no other options left. It's sad to be married and not be able to be with your spouse.

Are you saying you already have co-sponsors? Or you are saying you can't find co-sponsor?

It is very crucial that you have a co-sponsor lined up just in case the consular officer requests one, so that your case doesn't get dragged further.

2 minutes ago, nastra30 said:

Are you saying you already have co-sponsors? Or you are saying you can't find co-sponsor?

It is very crucial that you have a co-sponsor lined up just in case the consular officer requests one, so that your case doesn't get dragged further.

I have asked those closest to me and no one will help. 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
16 hours ago, Suzender said:

You received a stock message that is always sent when the latest federal tax return does not show enough on the "total income" line.  If your current income is clearly sufficient, just ignore the message.  Note the keyword "may" and the phrase "Consular Officer will decide".  This is NOT  a request for a joint sponsor.  It's a suggestion.  Whether you should heed it or not depends on information about your income that you have not disclosed here.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

2 hours ago, Suzender said:

I have asked those closest to me and no one will help. 

You may be just fine, since it is up to the CO (not NVC).   Also-  CURRENT income is reflected in payslips.   Tax transcripts and W2s are PAST income.   Consulates are much more interested in current vs historical income, because you can’t support an immigrant on what you made in the past. 

Take the weekly pay from your most recent payslip and multiply x 52 to get your current annual income.

Sometimes if it is marginal and there is no possibility of a joint sponsor, petitioners will get a second job or try for a higher-paying job to make up the difference.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
3 minutes ago, SalishSea said:

You may be just fine, since it is up to the CO (not NVC).   Also-  CURRENT income is reflected in payslips.   Tax transcripts and W2s are PAST income.   Consulates are much more interested in current vs historical income, because you can’t support an immigrant on what you made in the past. 

Take the weekly pay from your most recent payslip and multiply x 52 to get your current annual income.

Sometimes if it is marginal and there is no possibility of a joint sponsor, petitioners will get a second job or try for a higher-paying job to make up the difference.

To be clear, if paid every two weeks, gross times 26.  Twice a month, gross times 24.  Times 52 only works for those paid weekly.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

On 7/22/2023 at 10:51 PM, Suzender said:

All documents were accepted

Did you get an email and CEAC inbox message with the words "Documentarily Qualified" (DQ)?  Having your documents accepted is not enough.  Your case will only be queued for interview after you get that DQ email.

If you did get the DQ email, then you can just ignore that message about insufficient income until the interview.  As the message says, the CO will decide at the interview whether your income is sufficient.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.