Akin Michael

Visa refused and being sent to fraud office

70 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

After my interview, consular officer wrote "will be contacted by our fraud office". Also asked to find joint sponsor. For how long will it take the fraud office contact us? Interview date was in Lagos, Nigeria. My wife is currently disturbed. 

1 hour ago, Akin Michael said:

After my interview, consular officer wrote "will be contacted by our fraud office". Also asked to find joint sponsor. For how long will it take the fraud office contact us? Interview date was in Lagos, Nigeria. My wife is currently disturbed. 

There is no timeline, involving the fraud office is relatively rare.   

You must have some red flags:   Large age difference, wife is much older, etc?

Timeline
48 minutes ago, nastra30 said:

Have you applied for any visa in past? Have you been married before?

No I have not applied for VISA before. Have never married. She asked when did my wife go for vacation, I said March this year to Sierra Leone, she said why didn't she come to my country or me join her? I said she went for building project and my leave was denied by my employer. 

Timeline
55 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

That did not completely answer the question as to why your wife was not able to take a few days to come to Nigeria while she was in Sierra Leone since you were not able to get the time off work.  I agree with @SalishSea, involving the fraud office is fairly rare, so no one knows how long it may take.  I am curious about the request for a joint sponsor, so your wife has a job that sends her to Sierra Leone, but it does not meet the I864P requirements?  I would focus on the request for a joint sponsor from the consulate.

Thanks for your message. According to our lawyer, she(my wife) met with the threshold of Sponsoring an alien, she made $70,000 in 2022. So she concluded that the consular officer made mistake on that. But this fraud issue, I don't know what's really going on. Pls what can we do? 

4 minutes ago, Akin Michael said:

Thanks for your message. According to our lawyer, she(my wife) met with the threshold of Sponsoring an alien, she made $70,000 in 2022. So she concluded that the consular officer made mistake on that. But this fraud issue, I don't know what's really going on. Pls what can we do? 

When was the last time you saw your wife?

You cannot do anything about the visa until you get some communication from the consulate or fraud unit. 

You need to continue your relationship. Your wife should visit you or you should meet in a third country. 

You should write down all the questions the CO asked you so you don't forget- this can help you figure out if they are planning to deny you based on your answers. 

You both should also research the possibility of her moving to Nigeria or moving together to a third country. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Akin Michael said:

So she concluded that the consular officer made mistake on that.

What she earned in 2022 is not important as what she is CURRENTLY earning.  What can you do?  Hire a very good immigration attorney.  Until you figure out what the fraud issue is, you're spinning your wheels.  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Akin Michael said:

I agree with @Redro, more together time is about the only thing you can do.  How many times have you met before and after marriage?  Is there a large age difference?  Is there a religious difference?  Those are some of the things I would be asking if I were a fraud officer or a CO.  

Also, the CO may have made a mistake with the I864, but the record reflects they are requesting a joint sponsor.  You may want to get updated financial information from your wife showing that she is maintaining her income.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

5 hours ago, Akin Michael said:

What's going on is that they suspect it is a greencard marriage.  Most likely you haven't spent enough time together.

How much older than you is she?

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

I agree with @Redro, more together time is about the only thing you can do.  How many times have you met before and after marriage?  Is there a large age difference?  Is there a religious difference?  Those are some of the things I would be asking if I were a fraud officer or a CO.  

Also, the CO may have made a mistake with the I864, but the record reflects they are requesting a joint sponsor.  You may want to get updated financial information from your wife showing that she is maintaining her income.

Good Luck!

I w

6 hours ago, Dashinka said:

That did not completely answer the question as to why your wife was not able to take a few days to come to Nigeria while she was in Sierra Leone since you were not able to get the time off work.  I agree with @SalishSea, involving the fraud office is fairly rare, so no one knows how long it may take.  I am curious about the request for a joint sponsor, so your wife has a job that sends her to Sierra Leone, but it does not meet the I864P requirements?  I would focus on the request for a joint sponsor from the consulate.

I will. Thanks. 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, SalishSea said:

What's going on is that they suspect it is a greencard marriage.  Most likely you haven't spent enough time together.

How much older than you is she?

She's 34yrs, am 32yrs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.