mapi

Check for NVC docs. Do I miss anything?

19 posts in this topic

Hi all,

In June we received our i130 approval, but are delaying the process a few months due to expecting our first little one.

However, coming August my wife and I will spend a few weeks at my in-laws. Therefore, I'd like to gather all the documents in person and bring them home. I've made a list and would like to have an extra check. Do I miss anything?

spouse of beneficiary, i864 not supporting since zero income, hence joint sponsor option

1.       I-864

2.       2022 Tax Return Transcripts

3.       Any other 1099 (reports of income)

4.       Copy of Biographic page in US Passport

joint sponsor, filed jointly

1.       I-864

2.       2022 Tax Return Transcripts (not Tax Account Transcripts)

3.       W2 of 2022, demonstrating what part of the income

4.       Any other 1099 (reports of income)

5.       Copy of Biographic page in US Passport

6.       Employment letter stating you are currently employed at Company X with total compensation Y

7.       Last 3 pay stubs proofing current income

spouse/household member of joint sponsor, filed jointly

1.       I-864a

2.       W2 of 2022,

3.       Any other 1099 (reports of income)

4.       Copy of Biographic page in US Passport

Thank you in advance!

55 minutes ago, mapi said:

It's in there. Biography page of passport 

That’s not proof of residency, only citizenship. 

13 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

That’s not proof of residency, only citizenship. 

Ah yeah correct.

For the joint sponsor we will provide some bills with name and address.

But my wife (petitioner) is living with me. Per my understanding we have to proof the intent of establishing domicile in the US at the interview (we have enough proof, her elementary, high school and bachelors transcript, plus bank accounts etc).

Are you saying I need to upload this already at NVC stage?

Edited by mapi

1 hour ago, mapi said:

Ah yeah correct.

For the joint sponsor we will provide some bills with name and address.

But my wife (petitioner) is living with me. Per my understanding we have to proof the intent of establishing domicile in the US at the interview (we have enough proof, her elementary, high school and bachelors transcript, plus bank accounts etc).

I've no idea I'm afraid, mine is an employment based IV app, so completely different requirements. I was just pointing out that the passport doesn't work for proof of residency, @JeanneAdil said you need that so hopefully s/he can expand on the documentation needed at this stage.

Good luck. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
5 hours ago, mapi said:

But my wife (petitioner) is living with me. Per my understanding we have to proof the intent of establishing domicile in the US at the interview (we have enough proof, her elementary, high school and bachelors transcript,

Stuff like this, if prior to her marrying you is not relevant. 

5 hours ago, mapi said:

plus bank accounts etc).

Relevant is she still has those U.S.  bank accounts.

US drivers license, U.S. apartment lease, U.S. job offer, etc indicate intent to establish U.S. domicile. 

5 hours ago, mapi said:

Yes

4 hours ago, Mike E said:

Stuff like this, if prior to her marrying you is not relevant. 

Relevant is she still has those U.S.  bank accounts.

US drivers license, U.S. apartment lease, U.S. job offer, etc indicate intent to establish U.S. domicile. 

Yes

Thanks Mike.

Yes, I'm mixing up the CRBA. We need the school records for that.

Hmm, okay, so the package if intent to establish domicile need to be uploaded to NVC. I've read everywhere that you only bring this to the interview. Thank you for pointing it out. I'll look into it more.

I see I completely misinterpreted that part. So, thank you for pointing it out everybody.

So far, we can proof intent of establishing domicile with:

- Letter of Mother of petitioner that we are going to live in their apartment (same address as the other documents)

- US Bank account kept over the years with the address we are going to live

- 2 Creditcards with the address we are going to live

- Voters registration

- Driver License

This will be enough I assume?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
7 hours ago, mapi said:

I see I completely misinterpreted that part. So, thank you for pointing it out everybody.

So far, we can proof intent of establishing domicile with:

- Letter of Mother of petitioner that we are going to live in their apartment (same address as the other documents)

- US Bank account kept over the years with the address we are going to live

- 2 Creditcards with the address we are going to live

- Voters registration

- Driver License

This will be enough I assume?

yes

2 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Enough for NVC, yes.  As to whether it will be enough for the consulate, you will only find out at the interview.

That's fine. We'll also have a letter from my wife's US-based multinational company to relocate her by the time I have the interview.

Don't forget civil documents too! Original marriage cert, divorce cert (if any by Petitioner or Beneficiary), police report, beneficiary birth cert. Based on what I've read on VJ, no harm gathering vaccination records into the file too. You might not want to spend time searching for them post baby's arrival.

Ah yeah, I see it somehow did not copy and paste correctly.
Beneficiary, civil documents

1.       Bar-coded cover sheet from DS260

2.       Cover letter

3.       Photocopy of original Marriage certificate

4.       Photocopy of original Police Record (VOG sufficient), must be recent < 6 months

5.       Photocopy of original Birth Certificate

6.       Photocopy of original unexpired Passport

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.