madmanmike

JULY 2023 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

190 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
38 minutes ago, anup756 said:

so my case changed to "Ready" yesterday. Are we supposed to get an email confirmation? Can we submit DS160 before getting any confirmation?

You should get an email in a few days, and we submitted our 160 as soon as we got the Ready notification. 

Consulate: Manila, Philippines | I-129F Sent: 2022-06-07 | NOA1: 2022-06-09 | NOA2: 2023-07-11 NVC Rec’d: 2023-08-10 | Case #: 2023-08-24 NVC Left Consulate: 2023-09-12 | Received : 2023-09-13 | Packet 3 Rec’d : | Packet 3 Sent : | Packet 4 Rec’d: 2023-09-19 | Interview: 2023-10-17 | Interview Result: Approved!

Timeline

Hey madmanmike. How difficult was it to schedule the medical? Is it easy enough to schedule it within a day or two of the interview? I have to fly Gly up to Manilla from Butuan for the interview and book her an airBNB for the stay and would be easier to do it all at once. We just got approved yesterday by USCIS. Now trying to guess about what is all to come

Edited by Erik and Glydyl

Timeline
15 hours ago, Erik and Glydyl said:

Hey madmanmike. How difficult was it to schedule the medical? Is it easy enough to schedule it within a day or two of the interview? I have to fly Gly up to Manilla from Butuan for the interview and book her an airBNB for the stay and would be easier to do it all at once. We just got approved yesterday by USCIS. Now trying to guess about what is all to come

Once she chose the interview appt date, the medical was simple. Plenty of availability. I know they ‘suggest’ one week between medical and interview, but I see plenty of people schedule only 2 or 3 days between. 

Consulate: Manila, Philippines | I-129F Sent: 2022-06-07 | NOA1: 2022-06-09 | NOA2: 2023-07-11 NVC Rec’d: 2023-08-10 | Case #: 2023-08-24 NVC Left Consulate: 2023-09-12 | Received : 2023-09-13 | Packet 3 Rec’d : | Packet 3 Sent : | Packet 4 Rec’d: 2023-09-19 | Interview: 2023-10-17 | Interview Result: Approved!

Timeline
34 minutes ago, madmanmike said:

Once she chose the interview appt date, the medical was simple. Plenty of availability. I know they ‘suggest’ one week between medical and interview, but I see plenty of people schedule only 2 or 3 days between. 

AWESOME!

DS160 completed. Visa fee paid. Interview booked (30th October). Just waiting on my Police Certificate so I can book my medical - which is taking ages to arrive (paid for 9 days ago)! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Just passed the interview!

I was first called by a Bulgarian officer who pulled out our I-129F and collected all the necessary docs that I brought with me. He asked me several questions about whether I've been in the US before, how I met my SO, and what he does for work. Then I had to wait for the interviewer to free up and start with the actual interview. The interview took somewhere between 5-10mins, she asked me the same stuff as the guy before her as well as questions about my time in the UK, the proposal and why on earth him out of all men around the globe. 

Good luck to everyone!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline

So my lawyer said before we get an interview date, we need to wait for confirmation email from the embassy saying we can go ahead and book the interview date. My case has been in ready status for almost 2 weeks now and we have already submitted DS160. Do we need to wait for the confirmation before we go ahead and book the interview date?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
3 hours ago, anup756 said:

So my lawyer said before we get an interview date, we need to wait for confirmation email from the embassy saying we can go ahead and book the interview date. My case has been in ready status for almost 2 weeks now and we have already submitted DS160. Do we need to wait for the confirmation before we go ahead and book the interview date?

Have you received any instructions from the embassy since your case was transferred from NVC? I believe that if you have received any communication from them then you are good to go ahead.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Submitted our DS-160, paid fees and now looking every so often to find an appointment. But this is turning out to be difficult. There are a dozen folks who have been looking for appointments at Mumbai consulate with no luck with an average duration of 2 weeks since their case became “ready”. 

Keeping fingers crossed. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline
1 hour ago, GPJB said:

Have you received any instructions from the embassy since your case was transferred from NVC? I believe that if you have received any communication from them then you are good to go ahead.

I got the NVC welcome letter and the case says "Ready" in CEAC. That is all. I haven't got anything from embassy yet. 

On 10/1/2023 at 9:26 PM, anup756 said:

Do we need to wait for the confirmation before we go ahead and book the interview date?

It depends on the consulate.  For some consulates (like Manila), it's ok to pay the MRV fee and schedule the interview once CEAC status turns "Ready".  No need to wait for email instructions.  Other consulates will not allow the applicant to schedule the interview before they email the official notification to do so.  Still others (like Casablanca) do not allow the applicant to schedule the interview themselves at all.  They have to wait for the consulate to send them the interview schedule.  I don't know the procedure at your consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Got our interview dates. 31st Oct for biometrics in Mumbai. 2nd Nov for interview in Mumbai. Can’t believe this is happening and finally. 

That took a lot of effort cause we had to check constantly and also got locked out for almost 2 days. But, the slots do open periodically and we found them at 3pm India time. 

There’s a WhatsApp group which was very helpful for folks looking for Mumbai K1 appointments. 

Hello all, 

I have gotten my case approved and the packet sent to Ankara, already processed my DS160 and created an account on ais.usvisa-info.com but when I try to pay the $265 interview fee and schedule the interview it won't let me and keeps saying no appointments available, I will attach a screenshot for reference, any help is appreciated in advance.

image.thumb.png.7d11e0e0d0d32147d81a9088ee66f9a4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.