Boxet838

Fiancee visa proces

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Norway
Timeline

I understand, that I’ll need to disclose that with him. But I’m ussing medication for that , and visiting doctor every 3 months for new prescription and blood test

1 hour ago, Boxet838 said:

I understand

His health is on the line here as well, protection might fail (I assume you are/will be intimate) and that puts his health at risk. 

Apart from the ethical and moral aspect, you have (and will want to have) to let him know this PRIOR to getting to the US. It is not fair to keep this from him..

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Boxet838 said:

Yes, we was meet in person and I was visited him in USA, also traveled together to Europe. I’m curious how immigration will interview us for fiancee visa at the Embassy. Because as I told in the begining, I’m living in Norway. So I’ll go in American Embassy in Norway, and he’ll go to American Embassy in USA, right? I don’t plan to hide hiv status, but I don’t think that my boyfriend would like to heard that, because that was happened 10 years ago when one guy rapped me. I feeling asshamed about that, and always blame myself, that I was in wrong place, wrong time and got hiv 

I'm so sorry this happened to you. There's no need to feel ashamed. You did nothing wrong and can never be blamed for being in the wrong place at the wrong time - ever. I do, however, understand that it's hard to talk about, but you do have to tell him. He may well feel betrayed if you wait until you're far into the immigration process. Best of luck to you.

4 hours ago, Boxet838 said:

Where they do interview in usa? Because I know, that apply for fiancee ir spouse visa online and need to wait sometime

You seem quite confused about the process.  Best bet is for you both to do as much reading as possible and educate yourselves.  The US citizen really needs to be part of this discussion.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
11 hours ago, Boxet838 said:

Will my boyfriend will know about my medical records from immigration officer?

If you have had sexual intercourse with your bf in a state or country that requires you disclose your HIV status to him, then you have broken the law. You will be required to disclose this crime as part of the end to end process to get a green card. If not the K-1, then surely the I-485.

I believe your U.S. immigration journey is over.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I could see a Consulate Officer hesitating to approve a visa if the US citizen is unaware of this situation.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You must be honest with your partner.

Especially if you had sexual relations while together........If so,  is there a chance now he can be infected?

Formally Known as Paris Heart   A long, long time ago       france paris GIF

N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

FILED  AOS FROM AN EXPIRED VISITORS VISA:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 2 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response on the  NOID// Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

happy tom and jerry GIF

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, Daphne . said:

His health is on the line here as well, protection might fail (I assume you are/will be intimate) and that puts his health at risk. 

Apart from the ethical and moral aspect, you have (and will want to have) to let him know this PRIOR to getting to the US. It is not fair to keep this from him..

And if he told him, then his bf could get medications that would prevent the spread of HIV to him,  I agree it is disgusting, sick, and cruel not to reveal this to him while having sex.  I believe some people have gone to jail over this. And he should too if you knowing have HIV and having sex with someone without their consent knowing this or even the opportunity to prevent the spread of HIV to themselves through the preventative medication that is widely used for this.  Its criminal, and not love.

The medication to prevent catching HIV is called PreP.   Its so sad you didn't give him the opportunity to take it before risking his life.  

Edited by W199

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Why on Earth would you not tell him? You are putting his life in danger because you're scared of what he'll think, that's the most selfish and immature thing I've ever heard. And as others have already stated, it is illegal in several states to NOT tell him. 

I've been on this site for over 10 years and it never ceases to amaze me the things that people try to hide from their significant others. Not to mention the things thing people lie about and try to hide from USCIS and the embassy. This is one for the books.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I just want to add a note of hope for you, and I wish it had been the first thing I thought of. There's always the possibility that, by telling him, you'll find out how supportive he can be and that he really does love you. I know it takes courage, but you really need to do it without further delay. I really wish you the best.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.