tw2mn

RFE for my evidence of income (we have a joint sponsor)?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I am a US citizen living and working abroad in Taiwan. My wife and I are seeking a CR1. I put $0 down on my i-864 since my current income will not continue once I move the U.S.

I submitted last years tax transcipt and it was marked as accepted.

All of the documents from our joint sponsor were also marked as accepted. 

Related to this we recieved 2 Case RE notes.

First Case RE says that my income is not sufficient and that I could get a joint sponsor. An error on their end, should I just ignore it or reach out to NVC via the inquiry form to clarify? Obvious error but hate to just assume everything is ok. 

Second Case RE asks for me to submit MY evidence for income. Since I have a joint sponsor and my income is $0 from working overseas, I thought it would be irrelevant, so I only uploaded my tax transcript. What do you think they are looking for here? I can provide them my previous yearly official income summary. It is in both Chinese and English except for my address (hope I wouldn't need to deal with a translator for something so minor). I also have my monthly pay stubs but they are very unofficial (literally just a template from excel with numbers plugged in, looks fake if you didn't know any better). Or maybe they just want to know that my income will not continue once I move. 

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all. 

Edited by tw2mn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
3 hours ago, tw2mn said:

I am a US citizen living and working abroad in Taiwan. My wife and I are seeking a CR1. I put $0 down on my i-864 since my current income will not continue once I move the U.S.

First Case RE says that my income is not sufficient and that I could get a joint sponsor. An error on their end, should I just ignore it or reach out to NVC via the inquiry form to clarify? Obvious error but hate to just assume everything is ok. 

Second Case RE asks for me to submit MY evidence for income. Since I have a joint sponsor and my income is $0 from working overseas, I thought it would be irrelevant, so I only uploaded my tax transcript. What do you think they are looking for here? I can provide them my previous yearly official income summary. It is in both Chinese and English except for my address (hope I wouldn't need to deal with a translator for something so minor). I also have my monthly pay stubs but they are very unofficial (literally just a template from excel with numbers plugged in, looks fake if you didn't know any better). Or maybe they just want to know that my income will not continue once I move. 

That is a standard FE note from NVC.  If your joint sponsor is well-qualified, just ignore the note.  The officer at AIT will make the final determination.  Good luck.  Long live Taiwan, The Republic of China.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

3 hours ago, tw2mn said:

First Case RE says that my income is not sufficient and that I could get a joint sponsor. An error on their end, should I just ignore it or reach out to NVC via the inquiry form to clarify? Obvious error but hate to just assume everything is ok. - Standard note when you write down $0 on your I864/ did not make enough previous years taxes. 

Second Case RE asks for me to submit MY evidence for income. Since I have a joint sponsor and my income is $0 from working overseas, I thought it would be irrelevant, so I only uploaded my tax transcript. What do you think they are looking for here? I can provide them my previous yearly official income summary. It is in both Chinese and English except for my address (hope I wouldn't need to deal with a translator for something so minor). I also have my monthly pay stubs but they are very unofficial (literally just a template from excel with numbers plugged in, looks fake if you didn't know any better). Or maybe they just want to know that my income will not continue once I move. -You can write a letter stating you live overseas and have foreign income. You can upload a work contract if you have one. Generally, when people live overseas and do not have the correct "US documents" a statement explaining why the paperwork is missing is sufficient. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

so I only uploaded my tax transcript

If that is all u sent,  they need IRS transcript of the joint sponsor,  his/her W2's and any 1099's,  proof of his/her US residency and his /her I 864a

Timeline
19 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

so I only uploaded my tax transcript

If that is all u sent,  they need IRS transcript of the joint sponsor,  his/her W2's and any 1099's,  proof of his/her US residency and his /her I 864a

Sorry that wasn't too clear, I was only referencing myself. I sent only my transcript regarding my income. For my joint sponsor, everything needed was sent in and accepted, thankfully!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

That is a standard FE note from NVC.  If your joint sponsor is well-qualified, just ignore the note.  The officer at AIT will make the final determination.  Good luck.  Long live Taiwan, The Republic of China.

Great, thanks!

Timeline
15 hours ago, Redro said:

-You can write a letter stating you live overseas and have foreign income. You can upload a work contract if you have one. Generally, when people live overseas and do not have the correct "US documents" a statement explaining why the paperwork is missing is sufficient. 

Thanks for the reply. Yes I have a work contract, great idea! To foward the contract and a short explanation letter stating my situation (my current income will not continue when I move), I'm assuming I should upload this to the main portal where I uploaded my "AOS supporting documents" right? It just states to upload.

A bit confused cause another / seperate RFE says to specifically upload info via the inquiry form ("Please resubmit the correspondence in this document at: https://nvc.state.gov/inquiry"). That RFE is just contact info for an accountant letter I uploaded. Thought inquires were for asking questions, not for adding additional information/documents, but apparently for this specific request, it is not.   

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
On 7/10/2023 at 11:39 AM, tw2mn said:

Thanks for the reply. Yes I have a work contract, great idea! To foward the contract and a short explanation letter stating my situation (my current income will not continue when I move), I'm assuming I should upload this to the main portal where I uploaded my "AOS supporting documents" right? It just states to upload.

A bit confused cause another / seperate RFE says to specifically upload info via the inquiry form ("Please resubmit the correspondence in this document at: https://nvc.state.gov/inquiry"). That RFE is just contact info for an accountant letter I uploaded. Thought inquires were for asking questions, not for adding additional information/documents, but apparently for this specific request, it is not.   

Ignore the bit about joint sponsor but do send the letter explaining you have no income to document.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.