16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

There are some tiktoks going around about a parole to reunite families. It says that if there is a petition that has been approved, you can apply to this parole and the person you applied for can come to the country  and wait for the process to be finalized here. What do you guys know about it? I have been wanting to apply for my sister but the process is soooo long that I don't know if it is even good the trying. According to this is only for a few countries not for all of them.

I know this is difficult, but I will keep trying. It will work because, this distance is nothing compared to our love. :wub:

10/2013 we met at church in USA, through some common friends. We became friends.

06/07/2014 we went to our first date. :dancing: Why did we take so long to go out? :ranting:

06/22/2014 I said YES.. I want to be your girlfriend... :luv:

07/16/2014 I had to come back to Colombia because my program was over :cry:

10/10/2014 My love met me in Colombia to spend my birthday weekend with me. We got engaged (L)

02/17/2015 - 03/09/2015 He came back to Colombia to visit me and met my family. :star:

05/12/2015 We couldn't stand the distance, so he decided to move here with me. :wub:

05/28/2015 We got married at the notary. 06/06/2015 We got married at church :D

12/03/2016  Moved back to the USA. 🥰

08/2020 Became a Citizen. 🇱🇷

08/2020 Applied to bring my mom. ❤️

02/28/2022 went to pick my mom to the airport in Florida 🤩

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Supposed to be announced this month by invitation only and not seen anything yet.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Nathan&Cata said:

but the process is soooo long that I don't know if it is even good the trying.

The queue is not getting any shorter.  Right now, US citizens can petition siblings.  No one knows how long that will be allowed.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Supposed to be announced this month by invitation only and not seen anything yet.

Did the law change?...or is this another executive order from Biden?  An expanded K-3 of sorts?

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Did the law change?...or is this another executive order from Biden?  An expanded K-3 of sorts?

Biden special

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
3 hours ago, Nathan&Cata said:

There are some tiktoks going around about a parole to reunite families. It says that if there is a petition that has been approved, you can apply to this parole and the person you applied for can come to the country  and wait for the process to be finalized here. What do you guys know about it?

see below

3 hours ago, Nathan&Cata said:

I have been wanting to apply for my sister but the process is soooo long that I don't know if it is even good the trying. 

I do not understand the logic of not applying. 

* Even if it takes 30 years, in 30 years the world situation might be such that it makes sense

* As we can see from the below, those who filed I-130 for their siblings are about to get rewarded. Rules are fluid. 

https://www.uscis.gov/FRP

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has announced new family reunification parole processes for certain nationals of Colombia, El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras who are principal beneficiaries of an approved Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, and their qualifying immediate family members

However, you must receive an invitation to participate in these processes, and invitations have not been issued yet. We will update this webpage and make public announcements when invitations are issued.

Q. When will these new and updated family reunification parole processes start?

A. We will begin sending out invitations to request consideration for these family reunification parole processes in June 2023.

Q. How long will the period of parole be?

A. Individuals paroled into the United States under these processes will generally be paroled into the United States for up to three years. However, parole determinations are made on a case-by-case basis, and the length of parole may vary depending on each individual’s circumstances. After someone is paroled into the United States, they may apply for employment authorization while they wait for their immigrant visa to become available.

Since you did not file I-130 for your sister, no invitation to parole will be coming.

18 hours ago, Mike E said:

As we can see from the below, those who filed I-130 for their siblings are about to get rewarded.

Not sure about siblings.  From the excerpt above, the program will apply to "qualifying immediate family members".  That would be parents, spouses, minor children.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Not sure about siblings.  From the excerpt above, the program will apply to "qualifying immediate family members".  That would be parents, spouses, minor children.

Quite possible, or that they forget about it, or someone with a brain cell reviews the situation and tries to do something logical. I think this was a Political announcement and somebody has been dumped with the administrative aspect and has gone #######.

6 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Quite possible, or that they forget about it, or someone with a brain cell reviews the situation and tries to do something logical.

Seems strange to include siblings who may not have visa numbers available even after the 3-year period of the parole, but the announcement doesn't explicitly exclude siblings.  I missed the part about immediate family members referring to the principal beneficiary's, not the petitioner's.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Let’s go over it again, and you might see why

*  you might be wrong and

*  I might be right

certain nationals of Colombia, El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras who are principal beneficiaries of an approved Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative,

It says principal beneficiaries. It does not day what relationship these beneficiaries are to the petitioner. 

and their qualifying immediate family members

“Their” refers to the principal beneficiaries. That is indisputable to  me. 

“ immediate family members”  refers to immediate family members of the principal beneficiary. That is also not disputable. 

What an “immediate family member” means is murky.

But we have a hint with

“qualifying”. But that too is murky. Maybe it means true derivatives, which would eliminate aged out children of principal beneficiary,  married children of the  principal beneficiary, parents of the  principal beneficiary, and siblings of the  principal beneficiary.

Or maybe it means something else, perhaps broader, perhaps narrower. 

I am certain spouses of F4s will be included. Minor children of F4s too.

All I know is there are lawyers who think F4s will be paroled in this year. 

Timeline

As we can see from other Parole programmes they do not think of the consequences.

Expect amongst other things a significant increase in the number petitions

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Boiler said:

As we can see from other Parole programmes they do not think of the consequences.

Expect amongst other things a significant increase in the number petitions

More chaos and delays to an already-chaotic system....just wonderful!   /sarcasm off

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

https://www.uscis.gov/newsroom/news-releases/dhs-announces-family-reunification-parole-processes-for-colombia-el-salvador-guatemala-and-honduras

DHS Announces Family Reunification Parole Processes for Colombia, El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras

Release Date 
07/07/2023

Biden-Harris Administration continues strategy to provide lawful pathways and reduce dangerous irregular migration

WASHINGTON – The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) today announced the implementation of new family reunification parole (FRP) processes for Colombia, El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras, advancing the Biden-Harris Administration’s successful combination of expanded lawful pathways and strengthened enforcement to reduce irregular migration. The FRP processes promote family unity and are part of the comprehensive measures announced in April by DHS and the Department of State.

The new processes are for nationals from Colombia, El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras whose family members are U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents and who have received approval to join their family in the United States. Specifically, nationals of these countries can be considered for parole on a case-by-case basis for a period of up to three years while they wait to apply to become a lawful permanent resident.

“These new processes promote family unity and provide lawful pathways consistent with our laws and our values,” said Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro N. Mayorkas. “The Department has proven that the expansion of safe, orderly, and lawful pathways, combined with strong enforcement, is effective in reducing dangerous, irregular migration to the United States.”

Certain nationals of Colombia, El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras who are beneficiaries of an approved Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative may be eligible to be considered for parole under the new processes. Qualifying beneficiaries must be outside the United States, meet all requirements, including screening and vetting and medical requirements, and must not have already received an immigrant visa.

The processes begin with the Department of State issuing an invitation to the petitioning U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident family member whose Form I-130 on behalf of a Colombian, Salvadoran, Guatemalan, or Honduran beneficiary has been approved. Beneficiaries awaiting an immigrant visa could include certain children and siblings of U.S. citizens and certain spouses and children of permanent residents. The invited petitioner can then initiate the process by filing a request on behalf of the beneficiary and eligible family members to be considered for advance travel authorization and parole.

The new processes allow for parole only on a discretionary, case-by-case, and temporary basis upon a demonstration of urgent humanitarian reasons or significant public benefit, as well as a demonstration that the beneficiary warrants a favorable exercise of discretion. Individuals paroled into the United States under these processes will generally be considered for parole for up to three years and will be eligible to request employment authorization while they wait for their immigrant visa to become available. When their immigrant visa becomes available, they may apply to become a lawful permanent resident.

The Immigration and Nationality Act authorizes the Secretary of Homeland Security, in his discretion, to parole noncitizens into the United States temporarily on a case-by-case basis for urgent humanitarian reasons or significant public benefit. The parole authority has long been used to establish FRP processes administered by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, including the Cuban Family Reunification Parole Program, which was established in 2007, and the Haitian Family Reunification Parole Program, which was established in 2014.

The Federal Register Notices for ColombiaEl SalvadorGuatemala, and Honduras provide more information on the FRP process and eligibility criteria.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Has anyone heard anything about this? 
I mean, has anyone received a letter? I want to see things moving, if not for me for someone else,,, I see some visas granted for fiancé but for anything else 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, makers said:

Has anyone heard anything about this? 
I mean, has anyone received a letter? I want to see things moving, if not for me for someone else,,, I see some visas granted for fiancé but for anything else 

K-1 and K-2 visas are not  immigrant visas, and I would not expect any relief from FRP to K-1 and K-2 visa beneficiaries, especially since the beneficiaries are not members of the petitioners’ families: the F in FRP stands for Family.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.