ghanighani

Who attends the interview at the consulate for CR-1 visa?

12 posts in this topic

This may be a stupid question, but would I (petitioner) attend the interview with my spouse (applicant)? Or would my husband go alone? If my husband's required to be interviewed alone, could I make the trip to the consulate and wait for him in the waiting room by myself? It's such a high-stress situation, I don't want him to go through it by himself. 

Edited by ghanighani

He interviews alone. You will most likely not be allowed into the building but you can check that with the embassy. 

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

It depends on the consulate. My husband and I both went to the interview in Seoul. 
Other consulates won’t allow the USC to enter but going and waiting outside is a great way of showing support and showing you’re serious about the process. 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, ghanighani said:

We will be doing our interview in Warsaw. I though a lot of reviews for the Warsaw consulate seemed like the couple were together, so that's part of why I am confused. 

Note that your question is consulate specific, but you did not mention which consulate until after you got several generic answers.  Depending on the timing of reviews, it may still be the same.  Manila used to let the petitioner in, but they stopped that during COVID.  Usually, it's a matter of whether they have the space.  The visa applicant is the one being interviewed.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
23 minutes ago, TaskenLander said:

This may be an even DUMBER question (not that I thought yours was at all honestly), but does the petitioner also get separately interviewed at any point? Or is it just something for the beneficiary/applicant? 🤔

Thanks in advance. 

Rarely, but if that happens, it's usually before the petition is approved.   Also rarely there will be (google it) a "Stokes Interview".

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
3 hours ago, ghanighani said:

I didn't know I needed to specify the consulate. I thought (apparently incorrectly) that consulates had a standardized way they would handle it, given it's a federal legal process. 

Now you know. It is a Department of State administrative process.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.