justmarriedusciti

Divorce after removal of conditions but before N-400 filed

66 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I have no respect for the system, but then who does. You mentioned Hacking, he has regular tirades against USCIS, he often uses non VJ friendly terms when referring to them. 

I think it is amusing that with the extended processing times many people are entering after 2 years and avoiding RoC, in fact only today someone was advised to delay their entry by a few days as they were nearly at the 2 year mark. Now I am sure scammers know this and plan accordingly, well the more clued up ones do. I have seen that mentioned a few times.

Now we have no end of disappointed Spouses wanting to report fake marriages, from what I have seen most stay disappointed.

So who does RoC impact, mainly those who adjust, those who have married live with their spouses have gone through the adjustment process usually having waited for some time to do so. 

Who does it not impact, those going through Consular processing, many of whom have not lived with their spouses for any length of time and enter 2 years after the date of their marriage.

You will have to look long and hard to find people who were not able to remove conditions.

Anyway if the intent is to catch scammers this is a very bad use of resources.

I tend to focus more on the actuality rather than the theory. Nobody here makes up the rules.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

5 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I have no respect for the system, but then who does. You mentioned Hacking, he has regular tirades against USCIS, he often uses non VJ friendly terms when referring to them. 

I think it is amusing that with the extended processing times many people are entering after 2 years and avoiding RoC, in fact only today someone was advised to delay their entry by a few days as they were nearly at the 2 year mark. Now I am sure scammers know this and plan accordingly, well the more clued up ones do. I have seen that mentioned a few times.

Now we have no end of disappointed Spouses wanting to report fake marriages, from what I have seen most stay disappointed.

So who does RoC impact, mainly those who adjust, those who have married live with their spouses have gone through the adjustment process usually having waited for some time to do so. 

Who does it not impact, those going through Consular processing, many of whom have not lived with their spouses for any length of time and enter 2 years after the date of their marriage.

You will have to look long and hard to find people who were not able to remove conditions.

Anyway if the intent is to catch scammers this is a very bad use of resources.

I tend to focus more on the actuality rather than the theory. Nobody here makes up the rules.

Every single lawyer, unless employed by the govt. itself has problems and gripes with the govt. Since the whole idea is to prove each other wrong by translating the law in their own favor. (Similarly, between police and lawyers - they not literally but figuratively despise each other)

Luckily, no matter how you look at them, their investigation is thorough because not only IOs jobs depend on it but also there is a checklist at the end of interviews, followed by supervisor signoffs whose jobs also depend on accurate processing.

Not sure if you have seen an n400 FOIA, check it out sometime. Even an AOS FOIA has necessary checks required. With the introduction of AI and software advancement, red flags are automatically raised on potential concerns making IOs jobs easier and abuse more detectable than before.

Back then I751s were a piece of cake, a matter of a couple of months with good evidence. But obviously, with now the former and charged president who made everything very difficult during his time and covid forced halts, the processing time has been increased.

No one here is making up rules either but following them.

Timeline

There are a couple of legal issues that Hacking does not agree on, not sure I ever heard him rant about those. Asylum seekers being able to adjust through work comes to mind.

The rants are focused on delays and incompetence. Now he certainly does not like Trump, he had a major rant last week. And I remember him expecting this to improve after the election and more recently how disappointed he has been with the Biden Administration. I think for the first year he blamed it on the Trump hangover but time passed and that was not going to fly any longer.

I am not going to go into details but I attended a dinner function in Denver as a guest, it was related to the Immigration Court, Judges, Lawyers, people who worked in the Courts, a real cross section. As I expected it was jovial, these people work with each other after all, they see each other, socalise with each other as they were here, often they have worked both sides, it is a job, nothing personal. 

One of the issues USCIS has is software, left hand and right hand not knowing what is going on. You cannot file an I 751 online, I like to think more Windows 95 rather than AI. How often do we hear of people going for a joint I 751/N 400 and one of the files is not there?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

7 minutes ago, Boiler said:

There are a couple of legal issues that Hacking does not agree on, not sure I ever heard him rant about those. Asylum seekers being able to adjust through work comes to mind.

The rants are focused on delays and incompetence. Now he certainly does not like Trump, he had a major rant last week. And I remember him expecting this to improve after the election and more recently how disappointed he has been with the Biden Administration. I think for the first year he blamed it on the Trump hangover but time passed and that was not going to fly any longer.

I am not going to go into details but I attended a dinner function in Denver as a guest, it was related to the Immigration Court, Judges, Lawyers, people who worked in the Courts, a real cross section. As I expected it was jovial, these people work with each other after all, they see each other, socalise with each other as they were here, often they have worked both sides, it is a job, nothing personal. 

One of the issues USCIS has is software, left hand and right hand not knowing what is going on. You cannot file an I 751 online, I like to think more Windows 95 rather than AI. How often do we hear of people going for a joint I 751/N 400 and one of the files is not there?

Idc about asylum seekers and other cases, neither my quarrel nor my expertise.

I am sure the system is far from perfect but what's undeniable there is a high level of integrity when bestowing citizenship or permanent residency. 

Now you can go and question their policy and process all day every day but the fact is they are the gatekeepers and not VJ forums.

What's most important is that the OP has decided to opt for a lawyer who will answer his questions more clearly and with authority than anyone here. And THAT is all I care about. Wouldnt mind him sharing the feedback.

This thread has served its purpose. Sayonara

Timeline

Not all Lawyers are created equally. How many cases have we seen where a Lawyer has messed up.

There is no case law, there is no USCIS instruction that covers this, well nothing I have seen.

So a Lawyer can offer an opinion. I would imagine if you consulted many Lawyers on this subject you could end up with quite a few different opinions.

4 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Not all Lawyers are created equally. How many cases have we seen where a Lawyer has messed up.

There is no case law, there is no USCIS instruction that covers this, well nothing I have seen.

So a Lawyer can offer an opinion. I would imagine if you consulted many Lawyers on this subject you could end up with quite a few different opinions.

I consulted 10, all gave me the same opinion. And their opinion was right, not a stroke of luck. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.