Nature Boy 2.0

Memory lane and Chest

93 posts in this topic

Just for fun. Let's go down memory lane.  I came to chest becuse I got a 3 day ban for creating a fake account and causing foolishness in the Philippines sub forum.  I think it was Charles.

It just dawned on me I have been here around 13 years. As the class clown I have had some fun and never taken much seriously or given too much emotion to whatever opinions others had. I only got Mad one time and that was when someone called a good soldier and hero in  my opnion a war criminal. 

I don't remember a lot of names and details like many of you.

However a few very memorable moments. 

Gary claiming he was relaxing on the beaches of Ankara . Pretty much all of Gary's fantasy island narrative. Probably my most memorable poster.

Kip crazy tales of sleeping with one eye open and a knife becuse crazy Russian women.

My friend  Val  claiming it's ok to punch people you may classify as Racist or nazi in the face.We are still friends on FB.

The nighttime raids of Ryan a new mod who knew very little about us. Ban them all and let God sort them out. 

The great Aerola crisis.

The can't say an abbreviated form of Chinese communist. 

The Rub club secret network of reporting asasians. 

The Doctor who was the self proclaimed world's smartest man who constantly got out foxed by the class clown.

Burnt who constantly posted reddit feed and used big words wrong all the time. However a good solid guy with some interesting insights. 

My boy Teddy. A good solid middle of the road guy. 

Yall remember Mr. Big dog and the there is no such thing as man made lakes. He did burn me on zipper merges.

The Dave and Val wars. Lol

A certain  dentist who makes us want to swat him when it's freezing cold and he is relaxing in warm weather in the Keys.

Marvin who saw a klansman behind every Bush. I like him regardless. 

I have met several of you in person and I am still FB friends with many of you. I was a single man in his late forties when I joined. I am now 61 and have been married 12 years.

Oh and a shout out to Mav who always spoils the fun with adult stuff and facts.

My memorable dinner with Kathrine and a certain pilot who lives a fantasy life and is married to a super model.

Saying something obviously right wing and claiming to be MOR. It drove the genuis doctor nuts.

Edited by Nature Boy 2.0

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
2 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

The Rub club secret network of reporting asasians

Why would they report Asians?

---

The upswing in CEHST posting happened when Hail Ming was banned.  That put the fear of certain superior primates into those who would transgress, and there have been few problems since.

---

You forgot (and are currently forgetting) the crucial necessity of maintaining your imperiled Rhodium/Rhododendron status.  :devil: 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

1 hour ago, TBoneTX said:

Why would they report Asians?

---

The upswing in CEHST posting happened when Hail Ming was banned.  That put the fear of certain superior primates into those who would transgress, and there have been few problems since.

---

You forgot (and are currently forgetting) the crucial necessity of maintaining your imperiled Rhodium/Rhododendron status.  :devil: 

Like I said I never take much of this seriously.  I don't do a lot of inboxing and such. However Hal was quite annoying.. He was one of the few I didn't have a amenable relationship with, irregardless of political leaning. 

Timeline
43 minutes ago, Lemonslice said:

fake picture of his wife

Link, please, LS ma'am.

Just now, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Hal

He was somewhat before my time.

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

4 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

Link, please, LS ma'am.

He was somewhat before my time.

Hal was before your time? Are you sure?  How long have you been a mod here? 

Timeline

About 10 years already, tremble in my presence man.

He wasn't posting much by that time, I don't think... or, his posts didn't make a big impression on me.

CEHST back then was "Off Topic," if we remember.

5 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

About 10 years already, tremble in my presence man.

He wasn't posting much by that time, I don't think... or, his posts didn't make a big impression on me.

CEHST back then was "Off Topic," if we remember.

I am pretty sure you were a mod during The Hal Ming Era. Maybe just don't remember.  One of our members has a real good memory of who was who and their various names.

I don't think he was that long ago.

Remember lost in blue. He was the only other true MOR

I just remembered Penny. Her famous line was. I did not say that.

When I left industry management I took 2 years off. I recall being on chest all day. Sometimes we would have 2 or 3 pages of new posts and 100s of posts a day. The moderation back then was a real goat rope. It settled down when you and Charles become defacto the only mods for chest

Edited by Nature Boy 2.0

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Hal Ming

Hail Ming.  :bonk:  I thought you were talking about HAL 9000.

I personally banned Hail Ming, with use of draconian administrative action.  :devil: 

10 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

It settled down when you and Charles become defacto the only mods for chest

We were looking for in-house Mod support (a reasonable regular voice amidst the din), but the "de facto" worked out.

CEHST can be a real pleasure when deep, reasonable discussions occur.  At least 3 of our current contributors typically do that, and they never flame anybody -- a massive boon.  Even if I disagree with what they have to say, I might upvote them purely for the quality of their reasoning.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Like I said I never take much of this seriously.  I don't do a lot of inboxing and such. However Hal was quite annoying.. He was one of the few I didn't have an amenable relationship with, irregardless of political leaning. 

The problem is more and more people are being taught to take everything seriously, they want respect without earning it.  I have not been around VJ quite as long, will be 10 years this December, but I do remember most of those names and are friends with some.  I do miss Val and her stance on using violence, we did find one thing in common, a love of craft beer.  I also miss the back and forth in CEHST, LiB, and Jacques were fun to watch.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Wow, had to look it up and it seems I have been here 17 1/2 years.  Perhaps it's time to put me out to pasture (or leave me on an island in the Keys).

I miss Kip that included me in his list of right wing nut jobs.  

Miss Gary and his tales of his wife doing housework naked.

Miss pie and guns with Slim.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Dogs can't take MRI's but Cat scan.

2 hours ago, Neonred said:

Wow, had to look it up and it seems I have been here 17 1/2 years.  Perhaps it's time to put me out to pasture (or leave me on an island in the Keys).

I miss Kip that included me in his list of right wing nut jobs.  

Miss Gary and his tales of his wife doing housework naked.

Miss pie and guns with Slim.

I always joked I was going to buy VJ and make KIP head mod.

Yes Gary was entertaining.  He made his puppets dance. 

I don't participate like I use to. It's boring with no crazy libs. 

Also I think I have entered that phase of life shun controversy and no longer need to be right.

Neon it's warm here now to lol you rascal 

3 hours ago, Dashinka said:

The problem is more and more people are being taught to take everything seriously, they want respect without earning it.  I have not been around VJ quite as long, will be 10 years this December, but I do remember most of those names and are friends with some.  I do miss Val and her stance on using violence, we did find one thing in common, a love of craft beer.  I also miss the back and forth in CEHST, LiB, and Jacques were fun to watch.

Ahh Jaques I had forgotten about him.

Who was the mod that was a mod for a short time that ran a lot. 

6 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

I personally banned Hail Ming, with use of draconian administrative action.  :devil: 

We were looking for in-house Mod support (a reasonable regular voice amidst the din), but the "de facto" worked out.

CEHST can be a real pleasure when deep, reasonable discussions occur.  At least 3 of our current contributors typically do that, and they never flame anybody -- a massive boon.  Even if I disagree with what they have to say, I might upvote them purely for the quality of their reasoning.

I thought you had terminated Hal Ming. 

Yes us MOR Rhododendron types don't feel the need to bait and flame. Lol. Honestly I have changed a lot over the years

6 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

I love the smell of Draconian in the mornings.  It smells like rhodium status