TBoneTX

The Big IR-1/CR-1 DQ'd Message Group (Part V)

946 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, my wife DQ on April 15 so we are waiting for IL some time this September.  I have a question: is she going to get letter and both of us will get confirmation emails ? At the place that she is leaving right now two different people have access to mailbox so it’s not totally reliable way to get interview notice .

Edited by Ole33

14 hours ago, Ole33 said:

Hi everyone, my wife DQ on April 15 so we are waiting for IL some time this September.  I have a question: is she going to get letter and both of us will get confirmation emails ? At the place that she is leaving right now two different people have access to mailbox so it’s not totally reliable way to get interview notice .

My husband and I got the email. So I believe you should also receive it :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
19 hours ago, Ole33 said:

You'll get an e-mail, not a formal letter.  She can print it and provide it to the physician when she does her immi medical.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

@Ntj15 Yes I took Covid vaccine 2 days ago (they recommend to wait until this autumn to receive the latest Covid vaccine but it is not mandatory to wait as Canada don’t know yet when they will get this update may be end October or November, so I preferred to take it right away to be in the safe side for my interview Oct.29). I am located in Montreal. I made the appointment based on my Postal Code through 

https://www.quebec.ca/en/health/advice-and-prevention/vaccination/covid-19-vaccine

You can also call 1‑877‑644‑4545 they are very helpful and can assist you (mention that you are in Ontario they may give you other contacts).

For other vaccinations (Hepatitis, MMR, DT…) that are mentioned here  https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/vaccinations.html

The mandatory vaccines are only the ones based on your age here https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/by-age/index.html#:~:text=COVID-19 vaccine,aged 6 months and older. 
So for any mandatory vaccine, if you didn’t previously take it or you took it but don’t have a proof or you (or your parents) forgot if you received it during childhood so no problem the day of your medical exam the physician will decide which one you have to take.

In Montreal, us medical exams are done in Telus Health Care Centres and they have all types of vaccines except Covid-19. They told me that I will receive any required vaccine the same day of my medical exam:

TELUS Health Care Centres

600 Boul. de Maisonneuve West,

22nd Floor

Montreal, QC, H3A 3J2

Tel: 514-845-1211

Tel: 1-800-361-3493

Hope this helps!

Thank

On 9/6/2024 at 2:19 PM, MySelf23 said:

@Ntj15 Yes I took Covid vaccine 2 days ago (they recommend to wait until this autumn to receive the latest Covid vaccine but it is not mandatory to wait as Canada don’t know yet when they will get this update may be end October or November, so I preferred to take it right away to be in the safe side for my interview Oct.29). I am located in Montreal. I made the appointment based on my Postal Code through 

https://www.quebec.ca/en/health/advice-and-prevention/vaccination/covid-19-vaccine

You can also call 1‑877‑644‑4545 they are very helpful and can assist you (mention that you are in Ontario they may give you other contacts).

For other vaccinations (Hepatitis, MMR, DT…) that are mentioned here  https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/vaccinations.html

The mandatory vaccines are only the ones based on your age here https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/by-age/index.html#:~:text=COVID-19 vaccine,aged 6 months and older. 
So for any mandatory vaccine, if you didn’t previously take it or you took it but don’t have a proof or you (or your parents) forgot if you received it during childhood so no problem the day of your medical exam the physician will decide which one you have to take.

In Montreal, us medical exams are done in Telus Health Care Centres and they have all types of vaccines except Covid-19. They told me that I will receive any required vaccine the same day of my medical exam:

TELUS Health Care Centres

600 Boul. de Maisonneuve West,

22nd Floor

Montreal, QC, H3A 3J2

Tel: 514-845-1211

Tel: 1-800-361-3493

Hope this helps!

Thank you. That helps a lot.

On 9/10/2024 at 2:38 AM, Ole33 said:

Hi everyone. My wife dq on April 15th and we still didn’t get her IL . Just wondering if anyone already got their IL in this time frame . I read some posts while ago that some folks who was dq on April 8th already got it

From Reddit and other groups I follow, I haven't head of anytone past April 8th getting their IL yet. Stay positive :) They haven't skip you. 
I'm crossing my fingers that you'll receive it on the next batch (Which we do not know when it will be, unfortunately).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.