TBoneTX

The Big IR-1/CR-1 DQ'd Message Group (Part V)

946 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We got DQ'd on August 8 with an approved expedite request from Montreal (our case is pretty severe). We have been waiting for an IL for almost 2 weeks now. I'm assuming the expedited appointments get put into a different queue. Does anyone have any idea what timeline we are looking at for expedited cases?`

1 hour ago, JdMello4 said:

We got DQ'd on August 8 with an approved expedite request from Montreal (our case is pretty severe). We have been waiting for an IL for almost 2 weeks now. I'm assuming the expedited appointments get put into a different queue. Does anyone have any idea what timeline we are looking at for expedited cases?`

Montreal is not processing  these very quickly at all…. It will probably be based on your DQ  date and they are not even finished March yet … 

1 hour ago, JdMello4 said:

I’ve been reading past posts and it seems the letters only go out once a month. If it went out already for August, you may have to wait for September’s batch to get a date. This is my guess. I don’t know for sure. Please update. I’m hoping to be approved for an expedited request at NVC since I’m on short-term disability and need my husband’s help for care. I hope you get through soon. Best of luck. 

Timeline

I will be sure to update everyone here. I currently have my state senator involved, so hopefully, we hear something back soon. I really would think that they would get put in a different queue and not in with the rest, considering they are expedited. Wishing you the best of luck getting your expedites approved!

11 hours ago, JdMello4 said:

I will be sure to update everyone here. I currently have my state senator involved, so hopefully, we hear something back soon. I really would think that they would get put in a different queue and not in with the rest, considering they are expedited. Wishing you the best of luck getting your expedites approved!

Nothing about this process is person centered … we have all

learned that …. And we all want and have valid reasons to be with our spouses …

all you can do is wait …

Timeline

I get that. Except some of our situations are different and are related to emergency situations. I have multiple valid reasons for the expedite thats why its been approved at the USCIS level all the way to this one.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/22/2024 at 11:56 AM, JdMello4 said:

I get that. Except some of our situations are different and are related to emergency situations. I have multiple valid reasons for the expedite thats why its been approved at the USCIS level all the way to this one.

Expedite just puts you at the front of the line.  It doesn't excuse the wait for the next available agent. It also doesn't excuse you from other things like extended AP or being issued a DS-5535, just for the sake of awareness.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

On 6/18/2024 at 1:10 AM, edatc00 said:

Apparently they are clearing long overdue other FB/IR categories. Which is a good thing for them.

@randnev

@Vicnic
@AJ19962346

@MySelf23

@gmprive

So in another thread, this is what someone posted when I suggested that Montreal is taking long to schedule CR1 appointments because they are clearing family preference and employment categories.

“Official policy of the US State Department is that CR1/IR1 visas are to be prioritized (tier 1), and directs embassies to not do what you describe.  If the Montreal Embassy is doing that, they are violating official US government policy.

I would advise the original poster to reach out to their congressman (US senator or house rep), and have them inquire about the case.  A bunch of us did that at the Seoul Embassy, when they suddenly decided to stop scheduling CR1/IR1 interviews.  After they were contacted by several congressmen, they started rapidly scheduling CR1/IR1 interviews again.  But getting your congressmen involved may be the best hope to force the embassy officials and/or NVC to behave in accountable manner.”

If anyone reaches out to their senator, here’s screenshots that you can use as proof that they’ve been processing family preferences and employment category faster than immediate relatives. 

3752014E-67D0-426A-BD6D-30B63A2AA974.png

99E5FC3C-A7E1-4D41-8E4D-531B004EE2D9.png

553DB23F-8A57-41D7-801A-D675F8D766B1.png

Timeline

So, my wife attended the interview this morning, and woohoo! She got approved right on the spot, and we are so excited! Thank you all for your support over here through our journey and wish you all the very best and good luck!

Thanks for sharing @Ntj15 Waaw this is unbelievable !!!! Couples are waiting and hoping with a lot of stress and they are just prioritizing family preferences and employment cases!! Disappointed.

@edatc00 Congratulations for finally being together, wish you all the best !

Today is Aug23, still waiting for IL (DQ March26) mayyy be by any chance I receive it (no idea if this famous batch has been sent).

….

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ntj15 said:

@randnev

@Vicnic
@AJ19962346

@MySelf23

@gmprive

So in another thread, this is what someone posted when I suggested that Montreal is taking long to schedule CR1 appointments because they are clearing family preference and employment categories.

“Official policy of the US State Department is that CR1/IR1 visas are to be prioritized (tier 1), and directs embassies to not do what you describe.  If the Montreal Embassy is doing that, they are violating official US government policy.

I would advise the original poster to reach out to their congressman (US senator or house rep), and have them inquire about the case.  A bunch of us did that at the Seoul Embassy, when they suddenly decided to stop scheduling CR1/IR1 interviews.  After they were contacted by several congressmen, they started rapidly scheduling CR1/IR1 interviews again.  But getting your congressmen involved may be the best hope to force the embassy officials and/or NVC to behave in accountable manner.”

If anyone reaches out to their senator, here’s screenshots that you can use as proof that they’ve been processing family preferences and employment category faster than immediate relatives. 

3752014E-67D0-426A-BD6D-30B63A2AA974.png

99E5FC3C-A7E1-4D41-8E4D-531B004EE2D9.png

553DB23F-8A57-41D7-801A-D675F8D766B1.png

Thanks so much for letting us know ...

On 8/23/2024 at 5:52 PM, edatc00 said:

So, my wife attended the interview this morning, and woohoo! She got approved right on the spot, and we are so excited! Thank you all for your support over here through our journey and wish you all the very best and good luck!

Congrats!!! That's awesome!

Make sure you go an add a review of the consulate/update your timeline :D

Timeline

We received an IL dated for September 17th for our expedited interview. The only reason this happened was I got the state senator to reach out to the consulate. 

49 minutes ago, JdMello4 said:

We received an IL dated for September 17th for our expedited interview. The only reason this happened was I got the state senator to reach out to the consulate. 

I'm glad you got your IL! that doesn't give you guys a lot of time to plan it all! I hope all goes smoothly for you and your spouse

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.