TBoneTX

The Big IR-1/CR-1 DQ'd Message Group (Part V)

946 posts in this topic

On 7/23/2024 at 2:44 PM, edatc00 said:

Other group. Yes they already sent out March but looks like only covers March 7-12, and they are scheduled to Sep already, shocking

I see that you already shared FB Messenger group but it has been removed. Could you please just share the group name (not the link) ? Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/9/2024 at 7:37 PM, Vicnic said:

It’s a little more complex than that for me

i am duel with UK and now thinking to change 

my interview to London because they are 3x a faster then MTL

(3 months verses 10)

but I don’t think I need a crim check there but. Would need a medical (timeline might be harder …) trying to balance work ( because I need my job  and have no idea for how long ) and I have other commitments 

I hate the lack of predictability in this process / being more transparent would help on many levels 

Usually a consulate will not take a transfer unless you're a resident in the country you're attempting to transfer to.  If you're remaining in Canada to work, London might not accept the transfer for this reason.  Waiting sucks, but it is what it is and you don't want to mess anything up and add even more waiting to the process. 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

3 hours ago, mam521 said:

Usually a consulate will not take a transfer unless you're a resident in the country you're attempting to transfer to.  If you're remaining in Canada to work, London might not accept the transfer for this reason.  Waiting sucks, but it is what it is and you don't want to mess anything up and add even more waiting to the process. 

That is kinda my thought too …. Keep hoping and praying Montreal speeds up- last year when we applied it was three months now it’s like 10 :(

hubby and I are really struggling long distance now ( due to several factors  that have been arising with our living situations) it’s hard to maintain two homes !!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Vicnic said:

That is kinda my thought too …. Keep hoping and praying Montreal speeds up- last year when we applied it was three months now it’s like 10 :(

hubby and I are really struggling long distance now ( due to several factors  that have been arising with our living situations) it’s hard to maintain two homes !!

I understand you dear .. i am going through the same situation... 

Every day i am in stress , dont feel like doing anything , whenever i see my other couple friends enjoying i am full in tears 😭  i miss my spouse .. and its getting extremely hard .. to wait this long .. 4 months to mark we got Dqed and no sign of interview .. 

2 minutes ago, AJ19962346 said:

I understand you dear .. i am going through the same situation... 

Every day i am in stress , dont feel like doing anything , whenever i see my other couple friends enjoying i am full in tears 😭  i miss my spouse .. and its getting extremely hard .. to wait this long .. 4 months to mark we got Dqed and no sign of interview .. 

I know it’s so hard - I get so jealous of couples who LIVE together … I keep telling hubby I got married to share our lives together , not be alone :(

hopefully you are only a few months away.

i had a full meltdown when I saw April 25 as the potential interview date  adding 10 months. Post DQ is sure a kick in the gut 

Us consulate in Montreal updated the page today https://ca.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/consular-operations-updates/

As of August 14, 2024, most Immediate Relative and fiancé(e) visa cases being scheduled for interview in Montreal were documentarily complete at the National Visa Center in March 2024”

I am DQ March 26th, is there anyone who has received IL today ?.. or may be the batch is not yet sent.

Thanks

31 minutes ago, MySelf23 said:

Us consulate in Montreal updated the page today https://ca.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/consular-operations-updates/

As of August 14, 2024, most Immediate Relative and fiancé(e) visa cases being scheduled for interview in Montreal were documentarily complete at the National Visa Center in March 2024”

I am DQ March 26th, is there anyone who has received IL today ?.. or may be the batch is not yet sent.

Thanks

It takes a few day after the website updates before they send the IL. Last month, it took like 2 weeks. 
I'll cross my fingers that you get your IL on this batch! 

Timeline
14 hours ago, Vicnic said:

I know it’s so hard - I get so jealous of couples who LIVE together … I keep telling hubby I got married to share our lives together , not be alone :(

I know it seems like a mountain, but in the grander scale of things, this is but a blip in time.  You are married to your person...you have a whole lifetime to live.  This is a tiny fraction of the time you'll have together.  I know it's challenging to pivot your thinking to the long game, but once you do, things are a bit easier.  Win one game, or look at winning the championship...the championship is that much sweeter. 

Chin up - finish line IS coming!

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

50 minutes ago, MySelf23 said:

Thanks

Still on March … unbelievable 

5 minutes ago, mam521 said:

I know it seems like a mountain, but in the grander scale of things, this is but a blip in time.  You are married to your person...you have a whole lifetime to live.  This is a tiny fraction of the time you'll have together.  I know it's challenging to pivot your thinking to the long game, but once you do, things are a bit easier.  Win one game, or look at winning the championship...the championship is that much sweeter. 

Chin up - finish line IS coming!

I don’t think two years is a tiny fraction …. We are both not young ( hubby is almost 60)

tomorrow is never guaranteed and I live in fear every day of something happening and me not being able to be with him.

i need a dental procedure and I hav to go alone and likely get a hotel because I can’t drive home and I have no one else to get me- and an hour Uber ride in that condition doesn’t sound safe !!!!

the house I am living in is for sale and the market up here is beyond affordable for us with two households to maintain. I literally have no where to go and secretly keep hoping the house doesn’t sell - but every month this drags on is one more month I have to live with h the possibility of loosing my residence.

i have been feeling incredibly depressed and lonely.  It may only look like “ a few more months “ but it’s a lot more than it in theory.

1 hour ago, MySelf23 said:

Thanks

Three months to finish March …. Sigh 

I’m June will I even get mine in 2025 at this rate ? 
hubby could apply today and be in Canada faster than us waiting on this….

we are starting to have some serious discussions…. 

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Vicnic said:

I don’t think two years is a tiny fraction …. We are both not young ( hubby is almost 60)

tomorrow is never guaranteed and I live in fear every day of something happening and me not being able to be with him.

i need a dental procedure and I hav to go alone and likely get a hotel because I can’t drive home and I have no one else to get me- and an hour Uber ride in that condition doesn’t sound safe !!!!

the house I am living in is for sale and the market up here is beyond affordable for us with two households to maintain. I literally have no where to go and secretly keep hoping the house doesn’t sell - but every month this drags on is one more month I have to live with h the possibility of loosing my residence.

i have been feeling incredibly depressed and lonely.  It may only look like “ a few more months “ but it’s a lot more than it in theory.

Immigration is a privilege.  You could go to the US or a shorter wait would have been for your hubs to come to you in Canada.  For reasons all your own, you guys chose the US.  

Again, it's overwhelming in this moment, but it's not the end of the world. 

I had to pack up my kids and pets, leave our family home in the States and move back to Canada for 18 months while our case was pending (I initially was in the US on an L1 visa and that's how I met hubs) and had been for months already.  So, I know the carrying costs of 2 households, plus vehicles in 2 countries, plus schooling, etc.  My stress was whether or not I could extend my lease (2 times, no less) and keep my kids in the same school as their American schooling had already been interrupted.  My older child was a year ahead but we were too late to write challenge placement tests.  My younger neurodivergent child wasn't receiving the same supports that had been made available in the US and the administrators in Canada weren't interested in working with the team in the US to provide the best solutions for effective learning in the classroom.  I didn't have my best friend and team player by my side to help navigate all of it either, because we were separated.  It was messy.  It was challenging.  

But, we managed.  

I found a rental house.  I furnished said rental house (thank you, Kijiji!), I found a vehicle.  I enrolled everyone in school.  I managed the household.  I worked full time.  When the time FINALLY came, I booked flights and dragged two kids across the country to Montreal for medicals and interviews.  I sold the furnishings I'd purchased 18 months previous. I packed up the bits of Canada from this 18 month stay we decided were too important to leave behind and I moved back to the family home we missed.  Oh, and we entered the US on April Fool's Day when technically the border was closed due to covid.  

Everyone has an immigration story.  Some stories are less eventful than others, but everyone has some challenge they have to overcome.  Montreal is a slow consulate and that's been documented for many years now.  2 years is pretty average and when you do come out on the other side, you'll realize the struggle was worth it and it really was a blip.  Try to find the small wins and silver linings when you can or you'll end up down the rabbit hole of disappointment and despair.  You're literally in the home stretch, waiting for an interview.  Don't take the rabbit hole!  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

On Dr. Cheema's (BC Medical) website, it mentions that:

"If you have any chronic illness or disease, have undergone hospitalization or major surgery, or suffer from a mental illness or physical disability, you must bring past history, current condition documentation and medical records regarding the issue, as well as, a list of names of any medications and/or treatment you have been prescribed.  Please provide a note from your family doctor giving regarding your treatment and prognosis."

What is considered a major surgery? Follow up: what documentation are they looking for you to provide?

For instance, 1) I have a arthroscopic repair of the labrum in my shoulder and 2) my gallbladder was removed a decade ago...

None of these require any follow up. They are day surgeries. And I am one of the many Canadians without a family doctor. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance. I am one day off the cut off from the previous IR-1 interviews letters, so, hopefully this is one of the final steps (the medical) I need before the interview. 

On the topic of being in difficult situations, I am in a similar boat to many. My wife and I have a 3 week old(!), where my wife resides in the US while I live in Canada but can only visit the US. Tough living through these long delayed moments of uncertainty. 

2 hours ago, randnev said:

On Dr. Cheema's (BC Medical) website, it mentions that:

"If you have any chronic illness or disease, have undergone hospitalization or major surgery, or suffer from a mental illness or physical disability, you must bring past history, current condition documentation and medical records regarding the issue, as well as, a list of names of any medications and/or treatment you have been prescribed.  Please provide a note from your family doctor giving regarding your treatment and prognosis."

What is considered a major surgery? Follow up: what documentation are they looking for you to provide?

For instance, 1) I have a arthroscopic repair of the labrum in my shoulder and 2) my gallbladder was removed a decade ago...

None of these require any follow up. They are day surgeries. And I am one of the many Canadians without a family doctor. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance. I am one day off the cut off from the previous IR-1 interviews letters, so, hopefully this is one of the final steps (the medical) I need before the interview. 

On the topic of being in difficult situations, I am in a similar boat to many. My wife and I have a 3 week old(!), where my wife resides in the US while I live in Canada but can only visit the US. Tough living through these long delayed moments of uncertainty. 

Sounds like you are getting close :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.