JeanneAdil

Income requirements and poor info

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

This may seem a strange thing to post but

I am running into poor information some people are getting from others,  other sites and word of mouth

they seem to think the CO does not look at income as they don't look at the I 864 (or I 134) at the interview

i have told a few the CO sees the entire packet before the interview takes place and knows if a joint sponsor is needed 

they have the income in front of them as received from NVC

also,  the CO does see if a bene brings in documents and If,   one is not there,  the CO will hand out a 221g  to say provide it

how, the CO knows without reviewing the "bought in documents" ,  i don't know but many have said " i had it right there and CO never looked at my papers

Please VJ community ,  let the members know the CO has final say on income 

Thank u 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

The whole file is available to the Consular Officer.  They ARE the final say on the public charge issue.  What they will actually look at, we have no way of knowing.  Their job is to be prepared before the interview, so it is incorrect to conclude they only see what you see them looking at.

Consular Officers are not required to consider anything brought to the interview (not already in the file) though.  Some will and some won't. It depends on the situation.  

Typically, if it's not already uploaded to CEAC, it's going to need to be before a decision is made.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

If the CO takes time to look at every applicant's "brought documents", they will not be able to accommodate the large number of applicants they deal with on a daily basis.

It is always necessary to provide all required and necessary documents are the NVC stage so that the CO can see them before the interview.

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
8 hours ago, etrangais said:

If the CO takes time to look at every applicant's "brought documents", they will not be able to accommodate the large number of applicants they deal with on a daily basis.

It is always necessary to provide all required and necessary documents are the NVC stage so that the CO can see them before the interview.

While the above is correct and reasonable, it is also true the Consular Officer is not required to look at or consider anything brought to the interview unless it was specifically requested to be physically brought.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from the CR-1 Process forum to the Embassy/Consulate forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

On 6/13/2023 at 7:06 AM, etrangais said:

Except for K-1s.   Supporting documentation, as requested in packet 3, are sent or brought directly to the consulate.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 6/16/2023 at 12:10 PM, SalishSea said:

Except for K-1s.   Supporting documentation, as requested in packet 3, are sent or brought directly to the consulate.

I got my k1 visa interview on June 22 at Manila US EMBASSY. I had everything on hand including supporting documents such as proof of relationship and financial support for 2 people (my fiance and his father) but the CO didn't bother looking at those and only got the main requirements although they did gave me 221g form as my cenomar shows no record of my first marriage (I'm a widow btw) and didn't know it was supposed to be showing it on record. They asked just for it and my passport. 

I made sure to ask if I needed to come back later to do another interview as I was worried why they didn't bother looking all of my supporting documents but was told I won't need one unless they need me to. 

I wonder if that would the case later since they have not checked it from me nor requested specially the financial support. 

I was told that before the CO interview they already know my files even the cenomar. I applied 3 years ago BTW so yeah its been a long looong process.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.