Jingle and Glenn

DS-160 Form Related Topic and Update

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello, I need some advise please. This is way harder than it used to be.
So my parents visa interview appointment was rescheduled 3 times due to pandemic, I applied them on September of 2020 in the Philippines and now the 3rd one is coming up (and last one) and a lot had happen between those times. We've moved to a different state and I knew that the DS-160 form submitted had our previous US contact info especially the location - i don't know what to do - did anyone had similar situation that made it to the interview? Will there be a chance to update the form? Please advise. Much appreciated.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

They applied for a tourist visa not you.

They can update your address at the interview, not a biggie anyway.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So, they go there as is and when incase the consulate will ask them about where we live in the US they can consider correcting that on the spot? That is such a relief! Thank you  

13 hours ago, Jingle and Glenn said:

So, they go there as is and when incase the consulate will ask them about where we live in the US they can consider correcting that on the spot?

Before your parents can be interviewed by a consul officer, they will need to present themselves in front of Filipino staff who will ask them if their DS-160 is up to date.  Any changes to the DS-160 must be made at that window.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.