devusr

IR-1 Entry: Visitors' or U.S. Line? [split & merged topic]

70 posts in this topic

You need to find a deferred inspection site and tell them your wife's immigrant visa hasn't been endorsed/stamp.  Do not leave before they do.

Where did she enter the US, Dulles?

Edited by Lemonslice

10 minutes ago, devusr said:

She entered through Dulles International Airport in Virginia.

When you go to the deferred inspection office, Do NOT start going on about an I-94.   It was a mistake to bring that up at the other site you visited.   Try to communicate concisely, with minimal extraneous info.   Do not complicate things.   I assume you’re able to communicate adequately  in English?

Tell them:  CBP missed endorsing her immigrant visa at the port of entry, so that’s why you’re there.   It’s really quite simple.

You may want to focus on keeping your cool this time.   Getting mad or raising your voice will not make anyone want to help you.

Edited by SalishSea

Go back. Bring boarding passes, flight number(s). 

As others have said, your wife shouldn't say much besides "I've been told to come back to have my visa endorsed, there's been an error when I flew in".  Nothing more.  Please correct the error.  Don't tell them how, just please correct the error, I've been told to come back because it's really important. 

28 minutes ago, SalishSea said:

When you go to the deferred inspection office, Do NOT start going on about an I-94.   It was a mistake to bring that up at the other site you visited.   Try to communicate concisely, with minimal extraneous info.   Do not complicate things.   I assume you’re able to communicate adequately  in English?

Tell them:  CBP missed endorsing her immigrant visa at the port of entry, so that’s why you’re there.   It’s really quite simple.

You may want to focus on keeping your cool this time.   Getting mad or raising your voice will not make anyone want to help you.

Went to the IAD deferred inspection site. They were friendly, took her passport and stamped it. They stamped it 4 times, 2 with the correct date and 2 with the wrong date.

Now there are 4 stamps, 2 on the VISA itself and 2 on the blank page:

1) The correct one on the blank page has the alien number hand written.

2) The wrong one on the blank page is crossed out and there is no hand written alien number (just the stamp only and then crossed out with a pen).

3) Then there is 2 more stamps on the VISA: the correct one and the wrong one on the VISA page.

Will this be a problem?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

2)  Don't worry.

1)  This should suffice.

3)  It's Christmas every day!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

3 hours ago, devusr said:

Went to the IAD deferred inspection site. They were friendly, took her passport and stamped it. They stamped it 4 times, 2 with the correct date and 2 with the wrong date.

Now there are 4 stamps, 2 on the VISA itself and 2 on the blank page:

2) The wrong one on the blank page is crossed out and there is no hand written alien number (just the stamp only and then crossed out with a pen).

3) Then there is 2 more stamps on the VISA: the correct one and the wrong one on the VISA page.

Will this be a problem?

That's good to hear.  She can always make another copy of her boarding passes, to use as evidence of her date of entry, should they question her if/when she decides to become a citizen. 

I guess her jewelry was so beautiful that they forgot to stamp her visa when she arrived. 

Please breathe now,  you can't be this anxious, for everything.  Enjoy nesting together!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
18 hours ago, devusr said:

This is the only correct stamp and the only stamp that matters. She is now an LPR.

Now go get her SSN and REAL ID.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
18 hours ago, devusr said:

That is the one which counts!!!!   Woohoo!!!   I am glad you have this behind you....Next immigration stop- Citizenship!!!!!

Married 4/2021

Entered US 6/2023

She should get a 10 year Green Card

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.