Blah blah

FedEx is terrible! Anyone else have this experience?

28 posts in this topic

Today my package was out for delivery on the way to the Elgin lockbox. I used FedEx ground which was my first mistake. They did not deliver it but marked it as delivered. I called FedEx and they told me that the driver marked it delivered, but they still have it and will be delivered Monday. How sketchy is this?! Please avoid using FedEx ground. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Relax. 

USCIS doesn't work weekends anyway. 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
7 hours ago, Blah blah said:

They did not deliver it but marked it as delivered.

What prompted you to call them if it was marked as delivered?  That driver should be fired if that really happened.

I'd also like to know how they know they still have it.....did someone actually see if it was still on the truck?

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline

I believe the package was delivered.  Drivers normally mark items as delivered at the actual delivery point.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Driver could have marked it delivered when he pulled into the parking lot and scanned the packages to be dropped off.  When he went to the door and saw the place was closed, he may have taken the packages back to the truck to be delivered on Monday.

At least, that's what I see when the FedEx/UPS truck arrives at our office.  I see the guy go to the back, get the packages to be dropped off, scan them on his hand-held, and then bring the packages.  A few times I see them bring packages to outside the door and then scan them before ringing the doorbell.  

2 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

What prompted you to call them if it was marked as delivered?  That driver should be fired if that really happened.

I'd also like to know how they know they still have it.....did someone actually see if it was still on the truck?

The package was out for delivery at 8 pm EST and I knew that USCIS was a business that cannot accept deliveries after 5 pm. At 11 pm I get a notification that my package was delivered at 11 am. I called FedEx immediately saying that something is wrong. They admitted to me that they have the package and the driver marked it delivered (I imagine for metrics) and that it will be delivered on Monday. They said they could see that it wasn’t scanned delivered on their end. How sketchy.  

Timeline
1 minute ago, Blah blah said:

The package was out for delivery at 8 pm EST and I knew that USCIS was a business that cannot accept deliveries after 5 pm. At 11 pm I get a notification that my package was delivered at 11 am. I called FedEx immediately saying that something is wrong. They admitted to me that they have the package and the driver marked it delivered (I imagine for metrics) and that it will be delivered on Monday. They said they could see that it wasn’t scanned delivered on their end. How sketchy.  

Weird.  Thanks for the detailed explanation.  That is very sketchy. 

Hi all - to continue on with this FedEx ground nightmare, I called FedEx this morning and after talking to two incompetent representatives, I finally asked for a manager. The manager  told me that the package was actually delivered. That the system took a long time to update and that he can see on his gps system that the driver did in fact deliver the package.

They are going to do an investigation on their end to figure out if it was delivered or not. They will talk to the driver too. I am going to call the warehouse on Monday and the manager assured me, he will call me on Monday to figure it all out. 

What a complete mess! Never using FedEx ground in my life again. 

Edited by Blah blah

1 hour ago, Timona said:

Not sure what you're freaking over...I've got the same notice a few times. The packages eventually get to their destination. Just relax. You'll need a lot of patience this journey. This FEDEX issue is nothing compared to USCIS drama that we experience in our AOS journey. 

Packages get marked that they were delivered to my door but none actually was. They shown up 2 days later. I just relax and wait. 

What was the notice that you got? Package was delivered but it was not actually? 

I just am in disbelief that a shipping company will mark something as delivered when it hasn’t actually been delivered. That to me is fraudulent reporting! USCIS is another story I agree. 

23 minutes ago, Blah blah said:

What was the notice that you got? Package was delivered but it was not actually? 

I just am in disbelief that a shipping company will mark something as delivered when it hasn’t actually been delivered. That to me is fraudulent reporting! USCIS is another story I agree. 

This has happened to me in several countries… not just here in the US. People are human. They make mistakes OR they have quotas to fill in a hour/day/week so they scan before they actually deliver. 
Same might have happened if you used UPS… I know I’ve had things marked “delivered” on a Saturday by UPS and I only get it Monday. 

Just now, Redro said:

This has happened to me in several countries… not just here in the US. People are human. They make mistakes OR they have quotas to fill in a hour/day/week so they scan before they actually deliver. 
Same might have happened if you used UPS… I know I’ve had things marked “delivered” on a Saturday by UPS and I only get it Monday. 

I see. Yes, keep getting two stories. One story where FedEx still has that package and now they are searching for it and will deliver it. Another story that they already delivered it. Scam business. I will be following up everyday with this scam business. 

Just now, Blah blah said:

I see. Yes, keep getting two stories. One story where FedEx still has that package and now they are searching for it and will deliver it. Another story that they already delivered it. Scam business. I will be following up everyday with this scam business. 

Unless you spoke to delivery person you won’t know what happened… FedEx probably doesn’t know what happened… you’re most likely talking to someone in a different state or even country looking at a computer screen and selling you different stories (did you talk to the same person. Or different?).

Not a scam probably just minimum wage workers going off a script… 

3 minutes ago, Redro said:

Unless you spoke to delivery person you won’t know what happened… FedEx probably doesn’t know what happened… you’re most likely talking to someone in a different state or even country looking at a computer screen and selling you different stories (did you talk to the same person. Or different?).

Not a scam probably just minimum wage workers going off a script… 

I see. You have a point. I will have to call the warehouse directly on Monday.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

it's not Fed Ex /its stated on USCIS rules

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-1-part-b-chapter-6

USCIS does not accept paper-based applications or petitions on Saturdays, Sundays, or federal holidays.[28]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.