Mdvivori

Visa denial due to New Minimum Income Requirements [merged threads]

166 posts in this topic

I agree that I completed the I-864 incorrectly and in support of many of you who have made this clear to me I offer supporting documentation (not that you need it) Ie. Notice that the form says, "Do not include any relatives listed on a separate visa petition." This would be the case if they were immediate relatives of the petitioner, in which case each would need a separate I-130 petition and also their own Form I-864, filled out just for them, rather than a photocopy of their mother or father's form. For example, if a U.S. citizen father petitions for his wife and stepchildren, they are all immediate relatives, will all need separate I-130 petitions (which they have) and therefore will all need separate Form I-864s.  (This is exactly my situation as published in one of the online instructions website.)

As of an hour ago our response to the Children’s denial 2 days ago, WAS RECEIVED by the US Embassy, Manila.  It included the incorrect I-864 and my SS Benefit letter showing adequate income for my family.  

If past history is indicative of what to expect then we will receive a response by Monday, Tuesday at the latest.  

While it’s indisputable that I filled out the I-864 incorrectly I find it frustrating that no one at US Immigration pointed this out since it was submitted last September.  My Wife said the Person at Prescreening actually complemented her for having everything correct and very well organized.  Then the CO didn’t say a word about any paperwork errors and just told her we needed a Co Sponsor.  

Please know I never doubted you guys.  I’m just frustrated, mostly with myself but certainly with Immigration.  I think that if we are again declined for inadequate income we will go to the US and get jobs AND when we can prove a substantial increase in Income then resubmit the Proper 864 with Proof of higher Income.

If however we are declined for screwing up the 864 I’ll immediately courier the corrected one and upload it as well.

Unless you guys think differently i think it makes no sense to upload and courier new 864’s with the same income if inadequate income is why we’re denied.  We will know for sure in 2 or 3 business days.

Thanks again

Ok, first question.  Do I send a new 864 for my wife who already has her Visa?

I have 2. Step children so as I understand I will list each child on their own 864 in Section 2.  In Section 3, I don’t list either my wife or the 2nd child.  Is this correct?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mdvivori said:

Ok, first question.  Do I send a new 864 for my wife who already has her Visa?

I have 2. Step children so as I understand I will list each child on their own 864 in Section 2.  In Section 3, I don’t list either my wife or the 2nd child.  Is this correct?

No, you are fine with your wife's application.  As to the 2nd question, yes, each child separately will be listed as the principle immigrant on their own I864 in Section 2, and for Section 3 you would not list the others, but in Part 5, the household size should be the same on all three I864s.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Thank you.  I’m a bit uncertain what boxes to check on Section 5.  There’s me, my wife and 2 children.  How do I fill it out?  Then I’ll duplicate it for the 2nd child.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mdvivori said:

Great News!  The Children’s Visas were approved today.  Thank you everyone for your help and support along the way.

Congrats! What did you change to get approval?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Mdvivori said:

Great News!  The Children’s Visas were approved today.  Thank you everyone for your help and support along the way.

Congratulations!!! 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Mike, no we were waiting to see what happened.  I had the new 864’s ready to go just in case.

Crazy Cat-Thanks a million, 4 days shy of 1 year when we filed their I-130.  Remember I screwed up when I filed for my wife on 06-30-2021.  I though that the I-130 that I filed for my wife included the children.  When you guys straightened me out I then I filed for the children exactly 1 year later and wrote a cover letter begging them to merge the cases.  Regardless, wether they did or didn’t it’s finally done now.  My wife is so happy.

20 minutes ago, Mdvivori said:

Mike, no we were waiting to see what happened.  I had the new 864’s ready to go just in case.

Crazy Cat-Thanks a million, 4 days shy of 1 year when we filed their I-130.  Remember I screwed up when I filed for my wife on 06-30-2021.  I though that the I-130 that I filed for my wife included the children.  When you guys straightened me out I then I filed for the children exactly 1 year later and wrote a cover letter begging them to merge the cases.  Regardless, wether they did or didn’t it’s finally done now.  My wife is so happy.

Congratulations! Interesting to note they didn’t flag you for incorrectly filled out I864… but great news as now you can travel on the flights you booked! 
maybe all they wanted was updated financial information and the I864 wasn’t so important? 

I have no idea but I’m certain they hadn’t looked at my new info after my wife submitted it on June 8th because they didn’t hesitate when I resent them the same info for my kids.  I sent it on June 20th so I expected to hear one way or the other by tomorrow.  I’m just grateful that my wife and I didn’t have to leave them here for a few months while we got jobs.  I’m very appreciative of you and everyone else on here for all the help.  If I had to do this over again I would still do it myself but depend on the collective experience of this group.  Thanks to all.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, more00 said:

Congratulations to you can you let me know what documents you submitted because I’m using social security income and I have interview next month thank

you

Use your SS benefits letter. Just print one from your SS online account. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mdvivori said:

I only submitted SS Income.  Use your 2023 SS Benefits Letter.  Get online from your MySSA account.  

Thank you so

much

1 hour ago, Crazy Cat said:

Use your SS benefits letter. Just print one from your SS online account. 

Thank you so much 

• 1 month later...
Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 6/9/2023 at 4:10 PM, Chancy said:

Good point, especially since COs at the US embassy in Manila require all civil & financial support documents to be updated and uploaded into CEAC prior to the interview.  Even if the applicant brings the new document to the interview, the CO will likely issue a 221(g) letter anyway if the scan of the document is not uploaded to CEAC already.

Thank you Chancy, your answer / statement is just what i am looking for. as I was trying to find out if one needed to upload updated documents prior to their interview. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.