anxious

MENA BABIES

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Just a little background on the name Zayd (just in case you didn't know)....Zayd is the name of rasoolallah's "adopted" son, Zayd ibn Haritha.

Just noticed on your timeline that your husband's name is Ayman. That's my other son's name. :)

Congrats on the pregnancy!

I like Zane. It's not difficult to pronounce and it sounds cool. Zayd (pronounced Zade not Zayed, most ppl want to pronounce it Zayed) is a cute one, too. My oldest son is a Zayd.

I love this name for a boy. Never heard it before but it is kind of sticking with me. We are expecting in early March and have Olivia and Rana picked out for a girl but couldn't come up with a boy name. I am liking Zayd!!!!! :thumbs:

Edited by moody

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

As the mother of a recently had baby I decided that I needed to chime in here! I really liked Amir and Tarik, however we let my husband's mother choose a name. I stipulated it couldnt' be too arabic or hard to pronounce and she agreed. So his name is Khalil Ibrahim (my husband's father's first name) - and believe it or not it's easier than my oldest son's name (Mikhail) for most people. As far as the circumcision goes - have you ever seen a circumcision? There was not a chance in hades that I was going to wait until he was old enough to remember. My husband had his done when he was 8 years old, because his dad kept putting it off due to the pain factor (he was the super baby of the family). Anyway with my oldest I had it doen immediately and so we did with the youngest too. We had a Muslim doctor do it and so then he (hubby) was ok by the whole procedure. If you wait you have to really really make sure it stays super clean because when they are not circumcised it's easier to get dirty and infected. On to the diaper bit - my husband said the same however now he changes them all the time except I doubt he would do it in front of his mother and sisters and I am willing to let that go. Anyway the point is that it's impossible, for real for him to expect you to do all that stuff. I put it to my husband like this "You wanted to have the fun bringing this baby into the world, I've carried it and dealt with getting it out of me and there is no way you're not going to help me take care of him!" Now you would think he was the parenting expert, as far as diaper rashes, bathing and feeding go. He also said he wouldn't get up at night with him, well that all changed too, why should I bear all the burden when I work full time outside the house too?? Anyway that's my two cents! Feel free to PM if you want :)

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.