deadbird

Baby you can drive my car...

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Anyone else find that their ME/NA SO is absolutely OBSESSED with Hummers? My fiance tells me he dreams about driving one in the states :blink: He calls them Hammers though... :lol:

I have no idea what kind of car he has right now as he just got a different car, and all he told me about it is that it's red, "to match (my) car." (I drive a 2002 Pontiac Grand Am....and before anyone tells me to get rid of it and run as fast as I can, believe me I KNOW!!! I want an 80's Saab!!!)

...as much as I DON'T like Hummers...I'm thinking of renting a stretch Hummer for our wedding. Right, like I can afford this...but it would make him sooooooo happy! :whistle: Stretch hummers have fireplaces.

Divorced. To hell with him.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My husband does not even have his drivers license yet and for some reason, he has it in his head that when he gets a new car he's getting something HUGE and EXPENSIVE. :huh: I am always telling him he needs a cheap reliable car when he does start driving and I always hear "but I'm a man....blah, blah, blah) My dad and I have been trying to teach him how to drive and it's just a very scary story. My dad used to teach men in the military how to drive and he says my husband scares the poo out of him! I just got a new car 2 months ago and I can't even count how many times he's rammed into curbs. I can just visulize him in his big expensive car knocking everyone off the road! :wacko:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Maybe he will change his mind once he realizes Hummer's get about 12 miles to a gallon. Not the most gas efficient vehicles. :)

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline
My husband does not even have his drivers license yet and for some reason, he has it in his head that when he gets a new car he's getting something HUGE and EXPENSIVE. :huh: I am always telling him he needs a cheap reliable car when he does start driving and I always hear "but I'm a man....blah, blah, blah) My dad and I have been trying to teach him how to drive and it's just a very scary story. My dad used to teach men in the military how to drive and he says my husband scares the poo out of him! I just got a new car 2 months ago and I can't even count how many times he's rammed into curbs. I can just visulize him in his big expensive car knocking everyone off the road! :wacko:

:lol: YES. Ramy's backup if I won't let him have a hummer is a Lincoln. If he wants to pay for gas.... he has his heart seton driving one before his 25th birthday and I told him we could rent a hummer for his birthday. And his response was "well you were right about the hammer but i will be the owner whom you will rent it from ok ..................just wishing"

He likes convertables too, so maybe we could find a nice, efficient little convertable. (yeah right!!!!)

My husband has a lexus, which im convinced is his second love, and i have a cadillac, and a van...sofyan was obsessed wth hummers too when he first got here, but got over it shortly....hes been driving since like the 2nd month he got here, so he is use to the bad gas mileage on the lexus, i dont think he would ever wish for a hummer again

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

My husband has been driving since 2 days after he got here and is ready Monday to take the driving test. He wants an older Mercedes or BMW and he has his eye on this one at the car lot. I have to admit it is very nice, haven't test drove it or anything as I told him that will come when he has a job.

I am greatful mine doesn't like the Hummers, he asked me have you ever seen inside one the are ugly. He likes sporty fast cars, but the older one's I guess that is because he is older 42.

Jul 20, 2006 Arrived in Amman, Jordan

Jul 24, 2006 Married in Amman, Jordan

Oct 11, 2006 I130 Approval Oct. 26, 2006 I129F Approval

Nov. 8, 2006 Recieved letter that I-129 was sent to Amman, Jordan

Dec 13, 2006 Recieved Package from Amman Embassy for K3 Intreview date Aug. 15,2007

Mar 05,2007 Embassy called interview scheduled for March 19th

Mar 19, 2007 Interview for K3- AP

May 20, 2007 Embassy called for Hasan to send in his passport!!!

May 24, 2007 Recieved Interview date of June 5th for CR1?

June 05, 2007 Interviewed and she said he was approved, kept passport and said will recieve in 4 days.

June 12, 2007 VISA IN HAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 21, 2007 Hasan arrived in the USA and so very happy!

June 26, 2007 Applied for SSN

July 06, 2007 SSN in hand

July 25, 2007 Green Card in Hand!

Aug 13, 2007 Behind the wheel test, Passed. Now has California DL

I-751

Mar 26, 2009 Sent in I-751

Mar 28, 2009 Proof received

April 1, 2009 check cashed

April 3, 2009 NOA Received

April 16,2009 received bio appt letter

April 24, 2009 Biometrics Appointment

June 6, 2009 Removal of Conditions Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 17, 2009 10 Year Green Card in hand!

He has been driving since his second day here and to be honest, I don't know what it is with guys and Hummers (I need to find a better way to say that, but you know what I mean). Right now he is driving a Nissan Pathfinder that we bought a few weeks ago. Its really nice, fully loaded it even has built in Nav which is great for him. I drive an Acura TL which I LOVE.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Mine drives a 90's BMW something-or-other that he likes a lot. Hummers are really high on his list but what he really wants is a Jeep. I'm thinking of trading my pt cruiser for a Jeep or a smaller SUV. I hate being so low to the ground here in Texas where everything floods when a teaspoonfull of rain falls. Its just beyond ridiculous!

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Mine has been driving since he got here. Drove my car a 2005 Hyundai Elantra until he was working. Then bought himself a 06 Jeep Grand Cherokee, which is the dream car he had always wanted! No hummers...although BMW's are nice he says! But a jeep................ :thumbs:

Timeline
Mine has been driving since he got here. Drove my car a 2005 Hyundai Elantra until he was working. Then bought himself a 06 Jeep Grand Cherokee, which is the dream car he had always wanted! No hummers...although BMW's are nice he says! But a jeep................ :thumbs:

My hope is that he'll go for something sporty rather than an SUV (haha) but that's doubtful. I have to admit, while I don't like SUVs, the newer Jeeps look nice.

My mom just bought an '06 Hyundai Elantra after her '96 Neon's timing belt let go, and she loves it.

Timeline

LOL TOO FUNNY!!! :lol: well i told adam he can have a moped... so he dont have to pay for insurance and i dont have to worry about his fast, scary and crazy driving... BUT obviously its a joke... he says hes a man and he cant be seen riding a moped around the roads... :no: lol bwahahha i love his thinking... :luv:

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sam has Fiat he drives now. In conversations about what type of car he wants to get here in US it is 4X4. :unsure: I asked him if he plans on doing off road driving here and he says no, but he still wants a 4x4. Jeep is the brand he names. We will see what happens with that IF and WHEN he gets his visa to come.

He is a very good driver for the traffic there in Cairo, but here I don't know. I told him that we actually STOP at the red lights instead of ignoring them LOL. It seems if you try to stop for a signal light in Cairo you might get run over!! He thinks if he can manage to drive there he will be able to drive anywhere, but I told him there are rules here and you will get ticket if you don't follow them. He was shocked when he found out he would have to take a written driving test to get a license....lol. His cousin has a drivers license there and can't drive. I asked him how he got it without knowing how to drive and he said,just filled out the application!!! :wacko:

K3 Visa

03/26/06 Wedding day!!

waiting for documents to be translated and sent to me in US

05/21/06 Return to Egypt to visit for 9 wonderful days!

06/06/06 I-130 sent (finally!!)

07/12/06 NOA1

10/02/06 Approved!!!

07/20/06 I129f sent

07/24/06 NOA1

09/27/06 I129f approved!!!!

10/06/06 At NVC and case # assigned. Woohoo!!!

10/10/06 NVC sent K3 documents to Cairo today!!!

10/15/06 K3 documents received at Cairo consulate.

10/29/06 Packet 3 received.

11/01/06 Medical appointment

11/08/06 Medical certificate received

11/10/06 Packet 3 sent by delivery service

11/12/06 Packet received at consulate

02/05/07 Interview Date

02/16/07 10 day trip to Egypt

06/25/07 Home visit by field investigator

01/14/08 Got the email to send in his passport for visa!!!!

01/28/08 VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!

03/17/08 Arrival in USA!!!!!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
He is a very good driver for the traffic there in Cairo, but here I don't know. I told him that we actually STOP at the red lights instead of ignoring them LOL. It seems if you try to stop for a signal light in Cairo you might get run over!! He thinks if he can manage to drive there he will be able to drive anywhere, but I told him there are rules here and you will get ticket if you don't follow them. He was shocked when he found out he would have to take a written driving test to get a license....lol. His cousin has a drivers license there and can't drive. I asked him how he got it without knowing how to drive and he said,just filled out the application!!! :wacko:

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I told Usama that I'm PSYCHED he never learned to drive in Cairo!!!!!!!! He will learn once he gets here and he says he wants a bmw.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.