285 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Awaiting hope said:

Hello everone, Just a quick question, My husband got a RFE in 26 last month and we still have not received a clarification on what is required as our lawyer is not cooperative, So just want to know how long it takes from the date they send the RFE untill it should be received normally?!

Based on the RFEs I’ve seen from May to June, it’s usually within 3-6 days. Someone on here received RFE on same 26th and got a response on 31st, so hopefully this week you get a response or you can try calling on Monday and inquire. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I just received a second notice of action. There is no change in my documents tab. Hopefully, this evening or tomorrow I will receive my approval. 

1 hour ago, Olise Obi said:

I just received a second notice of action. There is no change in my documents tab. Hopefully, this evening or tomorrow I will receive my approval. 

I've seen others with this similar experience report the letter pops up in the documents tab a couple hours of the email notice.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just data for all:
PD: 17JUN2023

Approved: 02AUG2024

Same "anomaly" of approval appearing in documents yet the case stating "Active Review ongoing", in our case from a September date -> to the Approval Date.

ApprovalShare.png

K-1 Visa Journey

Spoiler

tYjbOzI.png

H1GRDFO.png

AOS Journey

Spoiler

06/13/2019 Original AOS (Only I-485) sent off to Chicago Lockbox via USPS

06/15/2019 I-485 delivered 

06/24/2019 Received NOA1 Hard Copy 

07/09/2019 Original I-765 sent off to Chicago Lockbox via USPS

07/11/2019 I-765 delivered

07/12/2019 Received Biometrics Appointment Letter scheduled for 7/24/2019 @  10:00

07/15/2019 Received NOA1 for I-765

07/16/2019 Biometrics completed early, no issues

07/17/2019 Case Status updated to 'Fingerprint Review Was Completed'; I-485 is being processed.

01/17/2020 Case Status on I-485 updated to 'Interview Was Scheduled'

01/25/2020 Received interview notice scheduled for 2/24/2020 in the mail with the interview date and instructions

02/10/2020 Case Status on I-765 updated to 'New Card Is Being Produced' (214 days from delivery)

02/11/2020 Case Status on I-765 updated to 'Case Was Approved'

02/12/2020 Case Status on I-765 updated to 'Card Was Mailed To Me', but no tracking info as of yet.

02/13/2020 Case Status on I-765 updated to 'Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service', tracking info received.

02/14/2020 Received NOA2, approval notice in the mail, for I-765

02/15/2020 EAD Card in hand, by USPS

02/24/2020 I-485 Interview; passed and approved! Status updated to 'New Card is Being Produced'

02/25/2020 I-485 updated to 'Case Was Approved'

02/27/2020 I-485 updated to 'Card Was Mailed To Me', no tracking info.

03/02/2020 Green Card in Hand.

On 8/1/2024 at 12:32 PM, garebear397 said:

Did he submit something else to show his citizenship? Like a passport? I would submit his passport for sure, and maybe submit his birth certificate again with some letter highlighting the "county", and also state. 

What type of evidence did you submit for seeing each other? Good to include passport stamps, ticket vouchers, etc. Also is there something that might be causing them to question the relationship? Age gap? Religion difference? What country are you coming from? 

I submitted e-ticket vouchers, Air BnB receipts, hotel receipts, and lots of photos. I'm 29 and he's 25, we don't have any associated religion but we're just average 20 year-olds honestly. We've been together since the end of 2018 and got married at the end of 2021. I'm from Toronto, Canada and he's from Pennsylvania in the US. We're going to submit his passport as secondary evidence and do what you said, highlighting that it says COUNTY and clearly says the state as well on the banner.  I'm also going to add more ticket receipts since they never stamp my husband's passport when he enters Canada and they've only stamped mine twice over the years of travel. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.