92 posts in this topic

I had my Oath Ceremony this morning. We were lucky enough to get to register to vote at the ceremony too. Time to enjoy being free from USCIS and get my new passport ordered. Good luck to everyone else waiting their turn. I hope it’s a swift timeline!

AOS with CR-1 Approved September 2014

Husband immigrated to New Zealand with me November 2016

Petition for IR-1 February 2018

02/02/18 Sent to Chicago lockbox from Auckland NZ

09/07/18 Arrived in the USA

12/19 Divorced

06/23 Naturalization window opens

06/12/23 N400 filed online

06/16/23 Status changed to Biometrics scheduled

07/07/23 Biometrics appointment

07/07/23 Status changed to Case is being actively reviewed

08/08/23 Status changed to Interview is scheduled

09/13/23 Interview - Approved

09/13/23 Status changed to Oath to be scheduled

09/14/23 Status changed to Oath scheduled

09/28/23 Oath appointment! I'm a US Citizen!

10/02/23 US Passport applied for with routine service and expedited shipping

11/08/23 US Passport received

11/11/23 Status changed to “Supporting documents mailed”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 hour ago, KiwiinMaine said:

I had my Oath Ceremony this morning. We were lucky enough to get to register to vote at the ceremony too. Time to enjoy being free from USCIS and get my new passport ordered. Good luck to everyone else waiting their turn. I hope it’s a swift timeline!

Congratulations!!!!  Being in the "Free From USCIS" Club is wonderful!!!!

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

On 9/16/2023 at 6:46 PM, MSamNashville said:

Hi, Yes, my USCIS online status changed to "Oath Ceremony will be scheduled" right after my interview. Are you originally from Nashville, middle TN OR chattanooga/east TN? Was your application approved with a congratulatory note? Could you please share your timeline on your account so everyone gets benefitted? Thanks.

hey yes, was recommended for approval, and still no updates after the interview. been more than 8 weeks now! had applied in Feb with interview 7/31. sorry for delay in my reply.

On 9/30/2023 at 2:11 PM, tgif1 said:

hey yes, was recommended for approval, and still no updates after the interview. been more than 8 weeks now! had applied in Feb with interview 7/31. sorry for delay in my reply.

Did you request a name change? Have I-751 pending? I know August Interviewees in Nashville have been called for the October oath ceremony.

• 2 weeks later...

Had combined 751 and N-400 Interview yesterday.

It took a while, over an hour, as the interviewer could not find our 751 online.

Luckily, we had copies of it, but not copies of the evidence, other than 4 years of tax returns. 

Also, since we had taken the I-129 route (K-1), this was the 4th time: K-1, conditional green card, removal of conditions, Naturalization, we had submitted many of these documents, in particular, my last divorce papers. 

In New York State, I have a certified copy of my Divorce Dissolution (but it isn't the actual Dissolution) Not an issue for the previous three submissions since 2017, but now, yesterday it was.

After months of trying to reassure my wife that all would go well for this interview and it was a slam dunk; I was worried that we'd be sent home because I had the wrong paper.

But after about 20 minutes, the interviewer asked me to take a seat in the back of the office, and she proceeded to ask my wife the naturalization questions. 

Then 15 minutes later, she just handed my wife the letter saying she had passed and asked us to follow her to get her oath ceremony appointment. That took less than 10 minutes. Her oath ceremony is next Friday, the 25th, but family members are not allowed to attend. 

I'm happy as a clam!

USCIS office was north San Antonio off US-281.

We waited about an hour for the interview to start with it took about an hour.

Thanks all on this forum for your hand holding.  Advice here was always spot on and extremely helpful.

Richard and Ti

On 6/14/2023 at 7:24 PM, wxman22 said:

We filed 6/12

Currently saying 9 months,

3 yr married rule

And she had interview on 17 Oct; so turned out to be only 4 months.

Oath will be this Friday, the 25th.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2023 at 9:15 PM, katana-dolphin said:

Can anyone tell me what these updates mean? Am I approved? Why are they in that order?  I did my interview 5 hours ago.

image.thumb.png.3ebf67bb6c109978772914fb81b7937d.png

It means you are good to go and should get the date for the oath ceremony.

They are in descending date order, but no particular order in any given day. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
14 hours ago, wxman22 said:

It means you are good to go and should get the date for the oath ceremony.

They are in descending date order, but no particular order in any given day. 

thank you! i received my oath date :)

On 10/6/2023 at 7:07 PM, MSamNashville said:

Did you request a name change? Have I-751 pending? I know August Interviewees in Nashville have been called for the October oath ceremony.

@MSamNashville Hi, how long did it take for you to receive the final oath scheduling date and online update for the same? my status finally updated to oath will be scheduled. 

Edited by tgif1

On 11/7/2023 at 5:57 PM, tgif1 said:

@MSamNashville Hi, how long did it take for you to receive the final oath scheduling date and online update for the same? my status finally updated to oath will be scheduled. 

my interview was on September 12th, got my oath notice on October 13th. Unfortunately, Nashville is among the slowest 10% of the country in a recent poll when it comes to processing N-400. When did you file and have your interview? Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.