92 posts in this topic

On 8/16/2023 at 7:56 AM, Doublepike said:

Just had my interview yesterday in Oklahoma City, OK. 
I submitted my application on June 30th, got interview scheduled for August 15th. 

The IO was really friendly and nice. We did civics first, writing and reading next. After that we went through the application and basic information like my name, date of birth etc. I signed a few documents and she told me I passed and I should wait 2-4 weeks for ceremony to be scheduled! 

What a great experience and journey this has been! Ready to have the ceremony and be done with uscis once for all. 

My advice would be to have your spouse ask you the civics questions every day! 
Good luck! 

Congratulations! One step left. Your timeline was quick. 

22 hours ago, austin_lindsey said:

Yesterday morning was the appointment for my naturalization interview at the Portland, OR USCIS. The IO was friendly and the interview took about an 1/2 hour. Civics test, reading and writing, and then the review of the N-400 application form. I was approved and then told to come back later in the afternoon for the oath ceremony. Just short of 10 years when I first filed under the K-1 visa, I am now a US Citizen! 

It was only 70 days from N-400 Application date to the Oath Ceremony. My original timeline was 16 months and then it adjusted to 9 months with the biometrics reuse note. Technically there was still an 8 month wait at my interview date. 

This forum has been so helpful throughout the whole immigration process! Thank you!

-Lindsey

Timeline for N-400

Application: 06/07/23

Biometrics Reuse: 6/13/23

Interview: 8/15/23

Oath Ceremony: 8/15/23

Congratulations! All done! Looking forward to being in your shoes next month. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Greece
Timeline

**Update** 

My Oath ceremony has been scheduled for September 13th 2023.

My interview was 7/27/23 :)

Btw I requested a legal name change. I know there were rumors about legal name changes make things take longer. Not true (the IO said the same thing) and my interview is in front of a judge but not in a courthouse. :)

Click "spoiler" below for a detailed account of our journey to a CR1 visa via DCF in Athens, Greece.

2011 - Met hubby online and became friends
Early 2013 - Confessed our love for each other * Late 2013 - I got pregnant with our daughter
2014 - Our baby was born in Athens, Greece and completed our family. We now have two boys and a girl!! 2013 - 2015 - Looking for jobs in Greece, none were available (due to socioeconomic crisis) 2015 - Decided only way to feed our family was to immigrate and started the process December 2015 - Got married (Greece has a LOT of red tape for foreigners marrying Greeks)
January 2016 - Finished gathering all documents and getting them translated
* * DCF in Athens, Greece * *

28th January 2016 - Finally filed I-130s
29th June - ISSUED!!!!!!1st July - Visa packages and passports delivered to DHL.4th July - Visas in hand! CU in two weeks USA!!
19th July- POE Detroit. All went well!! (excluding our screaming, jet lagged toddler!!)

After Arrival in the US

September 2016 - Hubby is diagnosed with congestive heart failure
October - February 2016 - Battle with drug use, overdosing, bringing home a tiny paycheck

March - July 2017 - I am working 80 hr weeks to make ends meet. Discovered hubby's affair. Still overdoses and is hospitalized. Has quit working all together.
July - October 2017 - Marriage counseling. Revealed hubby has "several" mental conditions. Is started on several mental meds.

October 2017 - Got accepted for a college course. Got better job to help raise my kids.

October 2017 - March 2018 - Situation at home is toxic. He files for divorce.

July 2018 - Divorce is final. I have full custody of our daughter.

ROC (GC expires July 19th 2018)

July 16th - Package for ROC is delivered to the CA service center (divorce waiver).

August 30th - NOA1 received with 18 month extension (fee waiver approved).

March 28th 2019 - Biometrics

August 8th 2019 - Case Approved No RFE No Interview - 10 year GC in production

N400 (Online - Detroit, MI office)
June 6th 2023 - Applied for naturalization under 5 year rule.
June 7th 2023 - Application received/Biometric will be reused.
June 16th - Interview scheduled.
July 27th - Upcoming interview.

**Our DCF journey to an IV took 5 months and 1 day from turning in the I-130 to getting "Issued"**

event.png

event.png

We filed online 11 June 2023.

Next day we got the receipt notice and a letter saying they were going to use our Biometrics.

Yesterday, online, I saw a notice date 11 Aug, saying we had biometric appointment for 29 August, but if we do not recieve the notice my 10 Sept to write them. For anyone not used to USCIS this seems nonsensical, but for the rest of us, it's business as usual. 

By question is, has anyone else gotten the notification of biometrics reuse, only to be given an appointment to collect biometrics???

Thanks

Richard 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Checked online yesterday and my case has been updated to interview scheduled for October 2nd in Charlotte, NC. 

K1 & K2 Visa 

18th April 2017: I-129f sent

21st April 2017: NOA1 Received Date

25th April 2017: NOA1 Notice Date

26th April 2017: NOA1 text confirmation

2nd May 2017: NOA1 hardcopy

7th September 2017: NOA2 Approval date

21st September 2017: NVC Received
21st September 2017: NVC Case # Received

27th September 2017: Left NVC
27th September 2017: Case Ready

4th October 2017: Medical

12th October 2017: Interview

24th October 2017: Visas in Hand

27th October 2017: POE

16th December 2017: Wedding Day

On 7/22/2023 at 2:07 PM, gtownguy said:

Received an update on my case today. 

interview was scheduled for August 31. This went quicker than I expected. Application was filed on June 6. Raleigh, NC 

My interview was today and it went smooth. Officer asked 6 civic questions and couple of question from the application. Immediately after interview was the Oath ceremony. In and out with certificate on hand in about 2 hours.

officer was working from home and I had an interview via video call on iPad. 
This was in Raleigh-Durham office. 
GL to you all ! 

Edited by gtownguy

On 7/19/2023 at 4:02 PM, Pipeland said:

Filed N-400 online June 18th, biometrics were re-used and wait time for interview (Las Vegas) estimated to be 9 months 

Just got notification online that my interview is scheduled for October 5th (Las Vegas), waiting post for original. Quicker than expected!

Online account still has wait time listed as 9 months....

On 6/14/2023 at 7:24 PM, wxman22 said:

We filed 6/12

Currently saying 9 months,

3 yr married rule

We had Bio appointment 29 Aug 2023. A few days later, we got the N-400 interview on October 17th !!

On 8/31/2023 at 4:15 PM, gtownguy said:

My interview was today and it went smooth. Officer asked 6 civic questions and couple of question from the application. Immediately after interview was the Oath ceremony. In and out with certificate on hand in about 2 hours.

officer was working from home and I had an interview via video call on iPad. 
This was in Raleigh-Durham office. 
GL to you all ! 

Congratulations!  Charlotte did not do same day!  I am glad certificate is in hand.  

On 9/2/2023 at 5:59 PM, Pipeland said:

Just got notification online that my interview is scheduled for October 5th (Las Vegas), waiting post for original. Quicker than expected!

Online account still has wait time listed as 9 months....

Good luck!  I found that N-400 was nowhere near as long as ROC!

Had my interview today. Officer was nice and she made me really comfortable throughout the interview. 

She did the civics test first. I answered the first six questions correctly. Reading and writing competency was simple. She asked me if I wanted to change my name since a federal judge will be at the oathtaking ceremony and asked me to review the spelling of my info on the certificate. She proceeded to review my application. Confirmed my name, address, current employer, travel history, asked yes/no questions. I had originally answered “no” for the question “have you ever been cited, arrested, etc.” on the application but when she asked me today I told her I had traffic tickets and they are paid. I offered to show my receipts and she said she doesn’t think it’s necessary. The interview went smooth and was mostly conversational. 

At the end, she told me a decision couldn’t be made because she needed to review my marital history more thoroughly (I had obtained my greencard through marriage and was only with my ex-spouse for 3 years before we separated in 2017. Divorce was finalized earlier this year and had my greencard for 9 years at this point). She told me that I will receive a letter in the mail in 2-3 weeks regarding her decision. 

I was initially disappointed that I wasn’t approved on the spot. However, on the way home, I checked my application status online was it was recommended to be approved and “Oathtaking Ceremony Will Be Scheduled.” Such a quick turn of events but I’m so relieved I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.