lmladreno

June 2023: I-130 Filers for Parents (Merged threads)

131 posts in this topic

On 8/15/2024 at 12:37 PM, hbkdmx said:

Just checked my parents status it went from taking longer than expected for the longest time to now 7 months for my dad and 4 months for my mom smh, I hope we are still on track to get an approval sooner than that, their PD is 6/25/2023. Has anyone else had their estimated time jump all over the place in the past few months?

Any updates for you? My parents are sorta like you described. My mom was 4 months and dad 8…then mom got approved Monday (a week ago) and dad is still in limbo. Mom’s NVC welcome letter arrived today… debating if I do her her fees/forms and just not submit until I can get my dad’s approved and in the same NVC stage too 

4 hours ago, SMK 89 said:

Any updates for you? My parents are sorta like you described. My mom was 4 months and dad 8…then mom got approved Monday (a week ago) and dad is still in limbo. Mom’s NVC welcome letter arrived today… debating if I do her her fees/forms and just not submit until I can get my dad’s approved and in the same NVC stage too 

Yesssss sorry forgot to update the group, so both parents got approved August 15th at the same time, I didn't get the notice until the 16th though but I remember everyone on here said keep checking the documents tab and to our surprise there it was. Update as of today we got a notice on Thursday the 22nd that both cases were sent over to NVC, first my Dad then later that day my Mom. However when I received the case numbers the CEAC website said it was down for maintenance to pay the fees, I was able to pay my dad's fees but later that day when I received my mom's case number the website won't let me in no more. I'm hoping to try again tomorrow OK Monday. Hopefully they get the site back up, just wonder if anyone else came across this issue. I hope you and everyone else gets some good news too, still a process to go but excited we finally got the approval and onto the NVC steps eventually.

On 8/8/2024 at 1:02 PM, vivfran said:

Update- my dad got approved today!

Do you happen to know which service centers both of your parents were at? My mom approved last monday....nothing yet on dad....but she was tracking at 4 months after a long time of "case taking longer" and dad went to 8 months after also a long time of "Case taking longer" .. i asked the online chat where their cases were and apprently mom was California and dad's was transferred Aug 16 to Nebraska... 

On 6/9/2024 at 10:31 PM, Mikeldrew said:

My progress was updated to show 5 weeks until a decision is made.  

Any approval updates for you or service center transfers? Trying to find folks with 2 parents being processing.....mom approved, dad no movement yet.... 

24 minutes ago, SMK 89 said:

Any approval updates for you or service center transfers? Trying to find folks with 2 parents being processing.....mom approved, dad no movement yet.... 

We are filing for one parent.  Received I-130 approval on August 19, 2024.  Received NVC welcome letter on August 24, 2024.  Keep checking the documents tab for your dad's approval, the processing tab info is not accurate.

29 minutes ago, SMK 89 said:

Also, our case was not transferred and was at the Texas Service Center.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi all,

after 3 business day (and a weekend) my mother documentation was reviewed and approved.

We will wait for the interview appointment

image.thumb.png.89339f310038488cf20026ce1b2f5d52.png

I wish all of you speedy process also!

has anyone had payment issues - i.e., screen freezes on processing and then eventually you refresh since it's been many minutes and it shows processing as the status? Anyone have that happen and eventually still got a payment processed change? Or what did you do to be able to finally pay????

1 hour ago, SMK 89 said:

has anyone had payment issues - i.e., screen freezes on processing and then eventually you refresh since it's been many minutes and it shows processing as the status? Anyone have that happen and eventually still got a payment processed change? Or what did you do to be able to finally pay????

Yes, that happened to me exactly as you described. I was able to see the “receipts” under the receipts section and that was the only confirmation I had that I attempted to make a payment. Two days later I got a payment status as “rejected” and the payment showed “pay fees” again. I didn’t know that to do. No money was taken from my account so I attempted the smaller payment again and this time I got a page that said something like payment submitted. No glitches, no long loading just this page immediately after I hit the submit button. That money then showed up on my account as Hold the next day which I did not see on the first attempts so I went ahead and paid the other fee and it also submitted without an issue. Still waiting for both to show paid. But the money has been taken out of my bank account. 

11 minutes ago, SMMF17 said:

Yes, that happened to me exactly as you described. I was able to see the “receipts” under the receipts section and that was the only confirmation I had that I attempted to make a payment. Two days later I got a payment status as “rejected” and the payment showed “pay fees” again. I didn’t know that to do. No money was taken from my account so I attempted the smaller payment again and this time I got a page that said something like payment submitted. No glitches, no long loading just this page immediately after I hit the submit button. That money then showed up on my account as Hold the next day which I did not see on the first attempts so I went ahead and paid the other fee and it also submitted without an issue. Still waiting for both to show paid. But the money has been taken out of my bank account. 

One freaking thing after another with this process. Still waiting on parent 2’s approval and then when I talked to someone via USCIS chat they all sorta say something different (I can’t see this…or it never changes locations….nonsense) I could scream lol!!!!! 

i guess this is what you get trying to do things the right way 🙃

On 8/30/2024 at 4:25 PM, SMMF17 said:

I tried it this morning using some steps I read about for basically accessing ceac via the only internet explorer. It went to the payment processed page in a couple sends for both. Praying it shows up on the back account side soon too and actually goes through. Is your “paid” status yet? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.