lmladreno

June 2023: I-130 Filers for Parents (Merged threads)

131 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, hbkdmx said:

Just checked my parents status it went from taking longer than expected for the longest time to now 7 months for my dad and 4 months for my mom smh, I hope we are still on track to get an approval sooner than that, their PD is 6/25/2023. Has anyone else had their estimated time jump all over the place in the past few months?

I was approved yesterday and have an approval notice. My status still says actively reviewing and my estimated time to decision changed from 11 months to 13 months this morning. Long story short, even though we want some indication of an end, the estimated time on the USCIS website is horrible. 

Edited by SMMF17

Just got approval for mom....waiting on dad.....

both apps submitted 6/27/2023 a minute apart ....hopefully dad approval very soon too! 

49 minutes ago, IKD said:

Just got approved for my parents 

Did you get both parents approved today? Congrats!

Yes I got approval for both parents 

but 1 from California center for dad

1 from Texas center for mom

1 hour ago, SMK 89 said:

Just got approval for mom....waiting on dad.....

both apps submitted 6/27/2023 a minute apart ....hopefully dad approval very soon too! 

Did you get both parents approved today? Congrats!

Do you get NVC welcome mail??

On 8/15/2024 at 3:39 PM, SMMF17 said:

I was approved yesterday and have an approval notice. My status still says actively reviewing and my estimated time to decision changed from 11 months to 13 months this morning. Long story short, even though we want some indication of an end, the estimated time on the USCIS website is horrible. 

Do you get any email from NVC ?? Like how long it takes??

20 minutes ago, IKD said:

Do you get NVC welcome mail??

Do you get any email from NVC ?? Like how long it takes??

No email from NVC yet. Yesterday was notified by USCIS that my case was sent to NVC. My mom was approved 8/14/24. I don’t know how long it will take. I have asked other people on here who were approved before me, but did not get an answer. It seems once some get approved they never bother with responding to the questions of others or they are busier. If I get anything I will let you know. 

11 hours ago, SMMF17 said:

No email from NVC yet. Yesterday was notified by USCIS that my case was sent to NVC. My mom was approved 8/14/24. I don’t know how long it will take. I have asked other people on here who were approved before me, but did not get an answer. It seems once some get approved they never bother with responding to the questions of others or they are busier. If I get anything I will let you know. 

It took about five weeks from acceptance to “Case was sent to NVC status” and then another week from that for “NVC welcome email”. Hope that helps, everything is in the thread by the way, just takes a little digging back through the posts. 

40 minutes ago, Santucho said:

It took about five weeks from acceptance to “Case was sent to NVC status” and then another week from that for “NVC welcome email”. Hope that helps, everything is in the thread by the way, just takes a little digging back through the posts. 

Thank you for the info! Hoping things continue to move along. All the best to you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Today, I was able to submit all required documents for my mother's application

image.thumb.png.c23d9eef06bc75c96afce17cad552cef.png

let's see how long will it take for NVC review and hopefully no changes or additional documents are requested.

I will inform when NVC will schedule the interview appointment.

Good luck everyone!

Cheers!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.