Eberechi

Hello house, please am from Nigeria and my husband is from United States of America. We want to file for i-130 and form i-130a online, but we don't know if it's best to do it ourselves or employ the services of an attorney. (merged)

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
8 hours ago, Eberechi said:

Thank you so much! I have gone through it, please what is to be filled out in the last page "additional information "

It is an optional part of the form to be used for any additional information you may want to provide to further explain any item filled on the form.

...do good and good will be done onto you...

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, Binna said:

It is an optional part of the form to be used for any additional information you may want to provide to further explain any item filled on the form.

I suppose you COULD use it for that, but it's for additional information that won't fit, like more than two jobs or residences in the past 5 years.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Please what documents are to be submitted in cr1 i-130 form and i-130a, show we upload our marriage certificate, Facebook and WhatsApp chat, can we also upload our joint social media account?

Edited by Eberechi

Timeline
1 hour ago, pushbrk said:

I suppose you COULD use it for that, but it's for additional information that won't fit, like more than two jobs or residences in the past 5 years.

Thank you

4 hours ago, Binna said:

Thank you so much 

You need better evidence than chats and social media accounts, especially for Nigeria. You need to show proof you spent time together in person so passport stamps, boarding passes, plus few of photos of you two wouldn’t hurt, especially with family and friends. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, powerpuff said:

You need better evidence than chats and social media accounts, especially for Nigeria. You need to show proof you spent time together in person so passport stamps, boarding passes, plus few of photos of you two wouldn’t hurt, especially with family and friends. 

And you need to do all the necessary homework before you start.  Lagos is tough.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
1 hour ago, powerpuff said:

Thank you so much 

46 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

And you need to do all the necessary homework before you start.  Lagos is tough.

What kind of homework please? 

Timeline
20 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

read thru the 130 instructions before u proceed to fill out the form

the following site is the form itself,  u can print it out ,  fill it out by hand and have it in front of u while doing it online

keep a copy for your records as u will fill out dates and information that u may need to refer to later in the process 

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-130.pdf

and do not make the mistake many make by filling out 60b and 61a and 61 b/that would be a costly mistake (over $500 to correct)

those questions are for immigrants already in the US /u will interview in Nigeria not in a US office

Sorry, but not filling 60b, 61a and 61b, does that mean we should say we have never lived together?

3 hours ago, Eberechi said:

Sorry, but not filling 60b, 61a and 61b, does that mean we should say we have never lived together?

That is not what that question is about.

I think you should hire professional service for your immigration process.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
5 hours ago, Eberechi said:

those questions are on the I 130 form itself

not forms themselves

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 hours ago, powerpuff said:

That is not what that question is about.

I think you should hire professional service fo r your immigration process.

I agree 

u seem to have no information and need help

you asked about filing I 130 and i told u about one question on the 60 b and 61 a that cause a lot of issues for those who answer wrong

USC has to sign the I 130 and is legally responsible for all information on the form

u don't need any mistakes

Have u read the instruction or looked at the form(s) ?

this is important 

instuctions:

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-130instr.pdf

the form itself , print it out and look at before filing online

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-130.pdf

USCIS steps for a spouse visa

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/immigrant-visa-for-spouse.html

If u r not willing to pull up these 3 and read thru them , u need a US immigration attorney

not a Nigerian service that u pay to do this as they make errors

good luck

Timeline
16 hours ago, Eberechi said:

Thank you so much 

Like I said, become an A-Student of forms and instructions, plus the process itself.  Read and study in the correct regional forum here so you know the pitfalls for US/Nigeria visa issues for spouses. 

You start by getting the US Citizen to take charge.  Or, have the US Citizen get professional help.  Not everyone has the aptitude, attitude, or desire to learn such a process themselves, for something they will do once. That's why MANY hire professional help.

This is primarily a "DO...it yourself" group, but I know at least one of the firms on the partner pages, does 100% of their advertising on this site.  It's because many do not want to do it themselves, or just don't have the aptitude or desire to do what it takes to do it themselves.  No shame in that at all.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

On 5/12/2023 at 11:15 PM, Eberechi said:

Thank you so much 

You’re probably better off hiring a professional, especially as the petitioner doesn’t seem involved as he/she needs to be.   It’s more than just knowing which forms to file, which you seem to be fixated on.  

You get one shot to do this right the first time, and Lagos is a very tough consulate due to widespread fraud.   

We have a simple IR-1 case which which just went from USCIS to NVC. At the beginning of the process paid an immigration attorney $3,500 USD for assistance. They filled some of the forms incorrectly and delayed the process.  Feel the attorney was wasted money.  As said above, if your case is uncomplicated, just do it yourself.  Best wishes.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Anderson316 said:

We have a simple IR-1 case which which just went from USCIS to NVC. At the beginning of the process paid an immigration attorney $3,500 USD for assistance. They filled some of the forms incorrectly and delayed the process.  Feel the attorney was wasted money.  As said above, if your case is uncomplicated, just do it yourself.  Best wishes.

Thank you! And sorry about that. We have already submitted our I-130 form, we are waiting to hear from them, hopefully soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.