13 posts in this topic

Filed: M-1 Visa Country: Anguilla
Timeline

I am in the process of getting a green card through marriage and I would like to know if I can do anything to remain here legally and work after I divorce my spouse . Things aren’t working out and it’s getting toxic and depressing but I don’t want to leave my kids and get deported .I already have my social and work permit ,what can I do to stay and work ? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to Effects of Major Family Changes, from IR1/CR1 P&P - as similar topics are discussed here.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

1 hour ago, Bimbo321 said:

I am in the process of getting a green card through marriage and I would like to know if I can do anything to remain here legally and work after I divorce my spouse . Things aren’t working out and it’s getting toxic and depressing but I don’t want to leave my kids and get deported .I already have my social and work permit ,what can I do to stay and work ? 

Do you share your children with this husband? 
Your post history indicates you got married in late 2021 early 2022… how did you get here (what visa did you arrive on) and when did you file for adjustment? 

Edited by Redro

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

M1 Visa

Find a USC to marry and adjust.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

58 minutes ago, Redro said:

Do you share your children with this husband? 
Your post history indicates you got married in late 2021 early 2022… how did you get here (what visa did you arrive on) and when did you file for adjustment? 

yes and it’s my wife , we did get married in December 2021 and filed in march 2022. I arrived on a m1 visa 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Family said:

Out of the frying pan and into the fire…? 

Out of the frying pan into another frying pan.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 minute ago, Bimbo321 said:

yes and it’s my wife , we did get married in December 2021 and filed in march 2022. I arrived on a m1 visa 

Apologies… so your wife married you in December 2021… and you have shared children. Is your wife an LPR or a USC were the children born in the US and how old are the children? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Redro said:

Apologies… so your wife married you in December 2021… and you have shared children. Is your wife an LPR or a USC were the children born in the US and how old are the children? 

She’s a USC  and one is 6 months baby and the other is a 3 yr old 

6 minutes ago, Bimbo321 said:

Apologies for gender mix..I was perhaps fooled by the user name..Bimbo.

You are in the unenviable position of rough waters…since marriage is broken before I-130/I-485 granted…and it’s not worth concealing that fact from USCIS..just to get the green card. 

With 2 children born from the relationship..it’s evident you married in good faith…

Are you open to counseling..a mental health temporary time apart?? Other ideas to salvage the marriage..

Timeline
1 minute ago, Redro said:

So you have a relationship history of at least 4 years you didn’t marry until December 2021… and now things aren’t great, have you investigated marriage counseling. Your wife might be suffering from post partum depression (I’ve read it lasts as long as 7 years)… if you are adjusting status I can see how this could add additional stress to the marriage. I would try to repair the relationship as the first few years with two young children can be extremely challenging. 

I’m willing to do some counseling and try to work things out if it’s the only way I can stay with my kids , it’s just a constant battle day by day . But I’ll definitely look into some counseling and get things right !  I appreciate the information from you guys 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.