LennyO

May 2023 Filers I-130

603 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
2 minutes ago, JayCeez said:

Thanks guys, I'm hoping that's the case. I just saw the estimate on the USCIS page revert back to 10 months and panicked for a moment but hopefully in the next 2 weeks we'll get approved.

mine did that and even still said 4 months after being approved lol

Visa journey so far

CR1

18-05-2023 - I-130 filed

18-05-2023 - I-130 NOA1 sent

10-06-2024 - I-130 NOA2 sent

18-06-2024 - Welcome letter received

18-06-2024 - Paid fees

21-06-2024 - I-864 payment cleared, I-864 and supporting documents uploaded

26-06-2024 - IV payment cleared, DS-260 completed and documents uploaded

03-07-2024 - Document Qualified

current status - Awaiting IL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Eberechi said:

Two more weeks to be documentary qualified. Congratulations 

Have you been DQ'd yet?

Visa journey so far

CR1

18-05-2023 - I-130 filed

18-05-2023 - I-130 NOA1 sent

10-06-2024 - I-130 NOA2 sent

18-06-2024 - Welcome letter received

18-06-2024 - Paid fees

21-06-2024 - I-864 payment cleared, I-864 and supporting documents uploaded

26-06-2024 - IV payment cleared, DS-260 completed and documents uploaded

03-07-2024 - Document Qualified

current status - Awaiting IL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
7 hours ago, Rhoadie said:

I was just approved on today.  May 24, 2023 priority date.

How did you find out your priority date? I looked but couldn't find it on the i797. I can only.see the uscis case approved date 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Sorry I was unclear in my previous post. It seems the i130 noa1 date is the priority date. Any idea where we can see which priority date NVC is processing? Although ours in 23/May/2023, the i130 after RFE was approved on 24/Jun/2024 but we still haven't received anything from the NVC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
37 minutes ago, n.samuraibear said:

Sorry I was unclear in my previous post. It seems the i130 noa1 date is the priority date. Any idea where we can see which priority date NVC is processing? Although ours in 23/May/2023, the i130 after RFE was approved on 24/Jun/2024 but we still haven't received anything from the NVC

Your priority date is when you submitted your application to the USCIS, that is your i130 petition. Which I believe is 23 May 2023 as you stated above. NVC does not give a priority date, you only have one priority date. As you have been approved now by the USCIS, NVC will send you a welcome letter, hopefully before weekend, after which you will be asked to make payment for your Affidavit of Support and IV, after making the payment, NVC will have to confirm your payment before you and your spouse can proceed with submission of your documents which takes roughly a week, then you will be given access to fill out your DS-260, Affidavit of Support and Civil Documents. After you have submitted your application, NVC will now accept your documents within a week, and that is when you are officially Documentary Qualified. While USCIS gives Priority Date, NVC gives Documentary Qualified Date which is what the embassy will use to determine your interview time. NVC process takes roughly 3 weeks to be documentary qualified. Congratulations 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 6/29/2024 at 9:56 AM, JayCeez said:

So our PD is May 27, 2023. I submitted ours online. The original estimate they gave me was some time in April but when that didn't happen it was fine because I expected it to be around 12-14 months from May 27, 2023 meaning the end of May towards the end of July. 

Yesterday the website glitched and wasn't loading my case. I check this morning and now it's saying a 10 month estimate for my case. Do you guys think this is just a glitch? I can't fathom just this part of the process taking over 2 years. 

Ignore the estimates, is not accurate. You should be approved any moment from now. By or before 17th max. Congratulations 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.